Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-16-02, 10:51 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Still plugging away over here...

Looks like I'm averaging about one new review a day this week :-) I just sent off three more to Wendy (Crunch Joy of Yoga, Pure and Simple Stretch and For Women Only: Upper Body workout) have made preliminary notes on Angles, Lines and Curves, Richard Simmons Tone and Sweat and G-Force Super Conditioning (thanks, Marilyn!) but would like to do the tapes one more time before I write the actual review.

So how are you all doing on your new review goals?

Joanna
Old 01-17-02, 09:14 PM  
Pilar
VF Supporter

quirk of the reviews page?

I just submitted my first review in two-and-a-half years, and wherever I used a ' or " in my review, it became a /' or a /". Any ideas? I wasn't ( or wasn/'t) trying to do any tricky html stuff, so I don't (or don/'t) know why this happened. Except that my high school junior English teacher said not to use contractions in formal writing, and this is my payback. Are VF reviews formal writing?

Pilar
Old 01-17-02, 10:55 PM  
olga
VF Supporter

Pilar, exactly the same thing happened to my review too, but I went to the page with new reviews now and it appears fine - so I guess Wendy corrected that?

Olga
Old 01-17-02, 11:16 PM  
sunbarr

I'm new to this forum. I looked all over, and can't find the section on all of the tape reviews. Help.

p.s. I'm new to Cathe but now have 4 of her tapes. They are really great. I also really enjoy most of Karen Voight's tapes and Gin Miller. The only problem I have with Gin is all the funny voices she makes during some of her tapes. The first time it may be cute, but on the 15th time doing the tape, it is very annoying. I love the step circuit tape and that one seems to have the least funny voices.

Somebody please help me find the reviews.

Thanks

Sunny
Old 01-17-02, 11:18 PM  
Kelly D
VF Supporter

I sent in a review of Step This Way some time last year and I don't see it now. It's not in new reviews and it is not on the official reviews page. Hmmmmmm...is it lost in review cyber space?

I have made a list of several videos old and new that I would like to review so hopefully I will be contributing in the next couple of weeks. Wish me luck!!!
Old 01-18-02, 12:00 AM  
olga
VF Supporter

Hi, Sunny,
Here is the link to Reviews section:
http://www.videofitness.com/reviews/
You can also see the link if you go to the main page videofitness.com - and click VideoReviews link on the left.

Luck,
Olga
Old 01-18-02, 06:06 AM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

to Kelly

I do have your review, and it's even on the Web already at http://www.videofitness.com/reviews/kagen-stw.php , but I still need to finish updating the indexes to reflect all the videos that have been reviewed for the first time.

I keep getting distracted by other stuff...

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 01-18-02, 08:34 AM  
Kelly D
VF Supporter

Thanks for your reply Wendy. I know you are on top of things and I wasn't rushing you. You are a busy lady with a great forum to run. You do a wonderful job and hopefully I will be sending you some more work in the next couple of weeks.
Old 01-18-02, 12:47 PM  
Sunshine

Thumbs up Yipee!!!

My reviews finally went through!! Now I have a few more to submit... thank you again Wendy!!

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Old 01-18-02, 01:10 PM  
Lorrie

if you like it--please say so with a review

I'd like to remind everyone, someone in this thread brought up a good point, that alot of the "video fitness favorites" or "hall of fames" are outdated videos that aren't people's choices now. We need those recommendations that get posted frequently here in the forums, to be submitted as a short review to send some of these good tapes to the favorites or hall of fame catagories. For example, I have always seen high praises for "All The Right Moves" by Grace Lazenby, since it has been out, but there is only 1 review. Collage isn't featuring it in the catalog anymore, so how will others know of this tape in the future? I plan to review this one before the weekend is over & hope someday it is listed among the favorites or enters the Hall of Fame.

Even if you hate a tape--please warn others, too! That is helpful as well. Just a paragraph is enough to warn or entice others--thanks!

Tags
kari anderson tone it up, reviews, vf hall of fame, vf reviews