Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-27-21, 11:52 AM  
cyana

Happy Saturday. Just got back from the farmer's market and I'm waiting for my feet to thaw out - brrrr! Keeping with the Thanksgiving theme, I'm also thankful for my LL Bean shearing lined clogs. At least the wind wasn't blowing and the sun was out. I didn't buy a ton today, since we still have leftovers from Thursday, freshly made chicken bone broth and a jar or two of leftover homemade soup in the refrigerator. I got the usual lettuce assortment from my hydroponic guy (always four or five heads of various green and red varieties and a bag of spring mix for DH), spinach, a great looking head of Napa cabbage, baby bok choy, pecan halves, baby sweet potatoes (OK, that's starting to sound like a ton, LOL!) and tried several fermented items from a vendor that I'd been meaning to check out. I got a small jar of fermented garlic, a jar of fermented carrot caraway salad and kimchi style fermented green beans. I also picked up some locally grown turmeric and baby ginger, so I will wing something using leftover quinoa medley, napa cabbage, turmeric, ginger and some of new fermented veggies. My refrigerator is groaning right now, as it is stuffed to the gills!

Before I forget, for anyone who uses grains (I rarely do, but picked up a bag of Quinoa Medley from one of my vendors to cook with the Thanksgiving chicken), the company that produces the Quinoa Medley is Ankeny Lakes/St. Maries - https://wildriceonline.com . I thought it was good and they have a variety of rice blends from 8 oz all the way up to 10 lb bags. I don't know what their shipping fees are (they're based in Oregon), but was thinking a variety of the small bags could make a nice gift for the grain eaters on your Christmas list. They would work as sides and you could also toss them into soups.

Pat
- I told DH we need to hurry up and eat our leftovers so we can make a new batch of veggie soup. I'm definitely embracing the warm foods the past several weeks as the temps have dropped. I was talking to this young guy who helps one of my vendors at the market - a really sweet college-age guy who can calculate purchases in his head at an amazing pace. He made a pecan pie for Thanksgiving (in addition to several sides) and even made his own crust - I was impressed. Like you, he was a bit critical of his creation. I hope you and DS got to take a walk on the beach. Have you done any Svaroopa yoga recently? I haven't done Svaroopa in ages - probably several years - but enjoy those nice warm blankets for yoga nidra and meditation this time of year.

Speaking of baking, DH and I watched the final of the 2021 British Bake Off on Netflix last night. This was my favorite season and I absolutely can't explain why we watch every episode of every season, since we rarely bake anything!!

Pam - Oh no, more precipitation, especially described as an "atmospheric river" doesn't sound like anything your area needs right now. I'm with you - baking is too fussy for my taste. I'm all about being a free-wheeling mad scientist in the kitchen. Here's a link to one of the sound bath YT practices I enjoyed from earlier this week - only 10 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfgubCtbTWc She uses the ocean drum at the end, and it sounds so realistic. I used my air Pods versus my over the ear Sony headphones, and it worked great.

Paine - I'm off on Monday and calling to schedule a doctor's appointment is on my lengthy to do list.

Sandra - I usually pull out the FP/KB series this time of year, as I enjoy the bright sets. As much as I loved the original Firm and think Anna Benson was a woman before her time, I sometimes find myself thinking "Why are we doing this?" with some of those moves in this set - especially some of the ones on the floor.

Waves to ALL. I'm going to grab some brunch and get my day planned out.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-21, 02:23 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I've been doing laundry and lots of house cleaning to get ready for our grandson's 3rd Birthday party today at our house. Our two sons, their girlfriends, my sister, my nephew and our daughter's family including our son-in-law's parents will all be coming over for the party.

Pat, your soup sounds good! I love soup.

Cyana, I like hearing about the food you bought at the Farmer's market.
Thanks for the wildriceonline link--I'll check it out later.
I have never watched the British Bake Off but now you have me really curious about it.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-21, 11:56 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick fly by…..

Today’s activities:
~Jessica’s Barefoot Fusion Sculpt
~20 min rebounding & 20 min gliding
~Yin poses & acupressure on my own

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-21, 01:05 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jari Ripped & Chiseled (20 minutes of upper body selections)
Kathy Smith Stretch & Flex

Our 3 year old grandson loved his birthday party yesterday. It was so cute to see him sing the Happy Birthday song to himself with a big smile on his face before he blew out the candles on his cake. It was a nice celebration surrounded by family.
Old 11-28-21, 08:04 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Didn't quite get to a workout yesterday -- was too snugged up in my recliner!

Today's Workout: Core Control from Jessica Smith's Build Balance + Inner Strength.

Paine: Your grandson's birthday party sounds sooo cute!

Yogapam: Sorry your area is still dealing with those atmospheric rivers! We have had barely any rain since our one-day deluge here in October. We may still be in a drought, but right now the weather is beautiful -- clear and mild.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 09:25 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day! Ugh, it's hard to come back. On the flip side, I'm looking forward to a little more structure and getting back on the fitness and nutrition wagon. Yesterday featured:

~ GYM for 20/15/10 of treadmill, recumbent and arc trainer
~ YWK Yin Yoga & Affirmations for Healing
~ 7,117 steps

I'm hopelessly behind everyone - have a wonderful day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 10:21 AM  
cyana

Happy Moan-Day. For a change, I'm in excellent Monday spirits, since I'm off until tomorrow.

I have absolutely zero work-outs to report for yesterday, but am delighted to share that I completed my continuing education (CE) requirements and renewed my professional license and am over halfway to having my CE requirements for my professional certification completed. The certification doesn't expire until late next year, so I can leisurely knock out a program here and there until I have that wrapped up.

Paine
- I'm so happy that your grandson enjoyed his special day. I thought about you earlier this AM as I was unpacking a box of stuff I'd ordered from VitaCost. We were recently discussing green tea and I mentioned the Tazo Zen. Wwweeeelllllll......I ordered two boxes, thinking they were the normal 20 bags/box size, and was quite surprised to pull two 48 count boxes out!! Looks like I'll be drinking lots of Zen tea this winter, LOL!!

Sandra - Being snuggled up in the recliner sounds good to me. And even better if you have a nice warm kitty snuggled up with you.

Pam
- Will PM you today.

I'm going to have another cup of coffee and contemplate the to do list for today, which will include some sort of meaningful physical activity. It's a lovely sunny day, so I'm also looking to get out for a walk.

Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 10:42 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Deep Stretch Yin Yoga with Mimi Solaire (Back Stretches practice)
Jackie's Essentrics class

I have some mild DOMS from Jari so stretching this morning felt good.

Cyana, I bet you got a bargain on that Tazo Zen tea. This morning I had a cup of Roasted Rice Green Tea.
Yay for completing your CE requirements!

I'm waving to everyone!
Old 11-29-21, 02:41 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hey friends! Glad to be back. Amazingly, both of my flights went smoothly, no issues at all - I was very pleasantly surprised.

I will write more later, but I did want to share this really nice twisty yoga routine I did today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh-O...nnel=YogeaYoga

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 08:12 PM  
JustSandra

Happy Monday!

Today's Workout: It is Margaret Monday, and I pulled out Good N Strong for a full-body workout. I saw I hadn't made a list of the various exercises on the disc (as I have for most of my Margaret Richard's DVDs) so I decided to do that first. As I did so for both Volumes 1 and 2, I saw I often strongly preferred one exercise over another for the same body part, but that my preferences were spread evenly between the two volumes. For example, I prefer the lying quad work on Volume 1 versus the weighted squats on Volume 2, while I would rather do the pec flyes on Volume 2 versus the Volume 1 push-ups. So -- I created another Sandra Premix!

Earlier today I also got in a short but interesting walk. I went to my local indoor mall, which I haven't been to in years. Like so many malls it is gradually failing, but the city council just passed a major 20-year plan to diversify the area with housing, restaurants, open space, etc. Since I remember the mall in its glamorous heydey I kind of wanted to say goodbye before these changes begin.

Cyana: My boy Potter is definitely a lap kitty! I have to admit the extra warmth is appreciated in the winter.

Beth: Glad your travels went smoothly.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote