Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-20-21, 06:45 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts:

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Strength with Keli 11/16/21 - 30 minutes
This was a well designed single-sided strength workout that worked both upper and lower body. I used my 5 lb dumbbell for this workout; not sure what Keli used.

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Mixed Format with Stacie Lei 9/1/21 - 30 minutes
This workout was about half standing strength and balance work, with the remaining half on the mat using dumbbells.

Good stuff!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-21, 11:39 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Gold Power Walk 1 - 30min
GHUTV Upper Body Resculpting - 30m.

UB Resculpting was really tough for me. I used 8lbs throughout but occassionally dropped it to 5lbs for certain moves that looked like they might aggravate my shoulders. I feel strong right now and this workout went into my favorites. I have to say that I'm really enjoying my subscription to GHUTV once again.

How is everyone doing? I'll have to go to the office on Wednesday and possibly on Friday but other than that, I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving and doing nothing but watching football.

Waves to all!
Old 11-21-21, 12:01 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Catching up a bit.

Yesterday was:

Ellen - Grace & Gusto

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Serene Strength & Sleek Side Body

I may do Ellen's 7 day series this week - obviously, on an Ellen kick here.

Carol - those workouts sound good - I really like the Silver & Fit channel, I just am overwhelmed by all the choices. I suppose I should just pick one and do it!

Dana - I'm glad you are enjoying the subscription!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-21, 09:55 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were:

Trifecta Pilates - Pilates Flow with Ease (Beginner Level) - 30 minutes & Mini Arm Workout - 10 minutes

Both were new to me and enjoyable. The Mini Arm Workout was designed to be done sitting on a balance ball, but I skipped that part because I didn't want to get my ball out of the dusty garage. It was still a good arm workout with light weights.

Wish me luck tomorrow - my stress test is in the morning.

Carol
Old 11-21-21, 10:03 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Wish me luck tomorrow - my stress test is in the morning.
Best of luck to you, Carol! I hope you do well.
Old 11-22-21, 08:10 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol good luck on your test and enjoy your break! You know, the more I thought about, the less I'd like it if my kid was going on a trip right now without me there. I don't think it would matter where but the distance would bother me. So I can see being concerned as a parent.

Dana I am always discombobulated when I wake up in the middle of the night. Was it Oliver's fault? The moon was like a crazy spotlight the last few days and sleep has been elusive. I hope you enjoy watching football as much as I do this week!

Donna I hope your pain is resolving!

Will come back to add my exercise to my post soon.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-21, 08:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I did a lot of pre-Thanksgiving food prep yesterday - so on my feet much of the day! But, it will make Thursday easier....

Anyway, I decided to go through Ellen's 7 Day Series this week, so today was:

Day 1 - Feel Good Fusion

I also added on some PT

Annie Pilates Physical Therapy - Piriformis Exercises w/ Elastic Band - this was more of a strengthening program than a stretching program and I can see how it will be beneficial to strengthen the hips and glutes that get so weak with our prolonged sitting!

I really need to do something like this daily. No excuse really - it is only 10-20 minutes just need to be disciplined enough to do it.

Carol - I hope that you have an uneventful and unremarkable test today!

Linda - I am getting better, but the food prep and last week's decluttering set me back a bit.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-21, 11:51 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Hi ladies,

So far as I know, my stress test was uneventful. It was certainly better than the chemical stress test I had a few years ago. That one made me really sick at my stomach, etc.

Linda - I understand parents being anxious about their kids going on a trip without them and if that's the issue, they should just own it. Don't make it political. They can certainly opt to not send their children on any trip. End of school class trips have been a traditional in independent schools for a long time - many schools used to go overseas but I suspect that practice has ceased with CoVid.

Donna - Sounds like a good exercise plan for the week. I'm thinking I'll probably stream something that requires little or no equipment on Wednesday and Thursday, as we'll be staying at a hotel. The rest of the week should be normal. I've been satisfied with my mix of Silver & Fit, Leslie Sansone, and Trifecta, with a little bit of Classical Stretch thrown in.

Dana - I like the strength workouts on GHUTV. I'll check that one out - but 8 pounds would be way too heavy for me these days.

Carol
Old 11-22-21, 06:52 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Carol, I'm glad your stress test went OK. When do you get your results? I only had one stress test and that was years ago. I only remember that mine involved walking on the treadmill. I'll have to look up chemical stress test because I have no idea what it involves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
[B]
Dana I am always discombobulated when I wake up in the middle of the night. Was it Oliver's fault? The moon was like a crazy spotlight the last few days and sleep has been elusive. I hope you enjoy watching football as much as I do this week!
Hi Linda! Good to "see" you! Yes, it was Oliver that woke me up in the middle of the night wanting cuddles. He's so affectionate and such a charmer that I can't refuse him. We took him to the vet this morning for his annual check up and his shots. He's not feeling well right now and it's breaking my heart, but he got a clean bill of health otherwise.

No workout to report for today. I had a busy day and just didn't feel like doing anything by the time I got home. Tomorrow morning I have a hair appointment but should have enough time to get the workout in before that.

Donna, enjoy your 7 Day Challenge with Ellen!
Old 11-22-21, 07:02 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Silver & Fit - International Cardio with Karen 8/12/21 - 30 minutes;
Low impact cardio filmed in Cancun - blocks of 4 exercises, no real choreography, which is probably good for my choreography-challenged brain

Jessica Valant Pilates - 20 Minute Full Body Beginner Pilates Workout & 10 Minute Gentle Pilates Workout
Enjoyed both of these gentle workouts from YouTube.

I forget how good pilates makes my body feel. I know it can feel like watching paint dry sometimes, but - it's so good for me...

Dana - a chemical stress test is one they use on folks with asthma, or folks who are in really good shape and have a hard time getting their heart rate up in the desired zone. I was in the former group...
They inject some chemical that makes your heart race like crazy - monitor you for a while and then eventually give you some chemical to slow your heart back down. I will never do that again. I'm not sure when I get my results.

Carol