Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-19-21, 09:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

PS - Donna - do you have YouTube Premium? I'm thinking of switching from the YWK app to YT Premium, if it eliminates those obnoxious ads. That was the main reason I subscribed with Kassandra - being in a blissful state after my yin yoga and a blasting ad comes on.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 09:34 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
So, you know these walking out of the store without paying heists going on all over the country? I'm quite sure I witnessed one at BJ's last night, but didn't see the full scenario so I didn't say anything. A couple with three carts brimming over with cases of soda, walking out of the entrance. The person who checks your sales slips was bent over with the supervisor examining a clipboard when I walked by, but I do not know for sure if the couple bypassed or got checked. It sure seemed they were skipping out.
OMG - my best friend lives in Ohio. She has a cousin that has drug problems. She told me her two cousins were shopping in a local Walmart, one went to pay for her cart full of items while the drug-addicted cousin just walked right out of the store with a full cart and didn't get caught!!!! What?????? With security as it is today, I was shocked to hear this. I truly feel sorry for those who cannot put food on the table but this is not the case. Awful - and we end up paying higher prices. However, Walmart is one of the bad guys (poor treatment of their employees) and the Walton family is so wealthy these losses are probably just a spit in a bucket.

I've forgotten items tucked into the back of my cart and, upon realizing, I go back in the store and pay for them, apologizing profusely.

People just boggle my mind.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-21, 01:36 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good afternoon! Yesterday featured:

~ Lively Ladies 25 Minute Power Walk
~ Unplugged 1905
~ My own deep stretch routine
~ 7,409 steps

Diane, I just can't believe how people are walking right out. Moral values seem to be at an all-time low.
Old 11-21-21, 10:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Just popping in to say hi. Nothing new here exercise related.

PAT, looks like you're keeping up a good routine. People sure are going insane it seems. Yes a miracle would be nice about now, thanks

Hi DONNA & DIANE!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-21, 12:07 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Catching up a bit.

Yesterday was:

Ellen - Grace & Gusto

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Serene Strength & Sleek Side Body

I may do Ellen's 7 day series this week - obviously, on an Ellen kick here.

Summer Breeze - I sure hope you see some remarkable improvement soon. S frustrating. I keep going back and forth on my self-diagnosis - either piriformis or SI is my guess.

Pat - nice workouts - and yes, I can't believe what people are doing these days...

Waves, Diane - once i walked out of Target w/ something on the bottom of my cart that I didn't pay for I went back in and paid for it.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-21, 12:12 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday morning! We just finished a big brunch and I'm gearing up to get that flat finished and sparkling. Yesterday featured:

~ YWK 10 Minute Morning Yoga Stretch for Energy Boost plus affirmations
~ A very nice meditative beach walk
~ GYM for 20 minutes arc trainer and 10 treadmill
~ 8,124 steps

The Kassandra was nice, a bit of yin, a bit of core and a bit of hatha, done in 10 minutes.

I will have to catch up tomorrow - have a wonderful rest of your weekend!
Old 11-22-21, 08:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I did a lot of pre-Thanksgiving food prep yesterday - so on my feet much of the day! But, it will make Thursday easier....

Anyway, I decided to go through Ellen's 7 Day Series this week, so today was:

Day 1 - Feel Good Fusion

I also added on some PT

Annie Pilates Physical Therapy - Piriformis Exercises w/ Elastic Band - this was more of a strengthening program than a stretching program and I can see how it will be beneficial to strengthen the hips and glutes that get so weak with our prolonged sitting!

I really need to do something like this daily. No excuse really - it is only 10-20 minutes just need to be disciplined enough to do it.

Pat - I don't have YT premium - but that is a good idea as a way to silence the ads!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-22-21, 10:34 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning, happy Moan Day! I just got my COVID booster, wish me luck.

I had an hour long gym workout of recumbent bike, weight machines and dumbbells. Feeling it today.

Donna, you are so right about glute strength. My PT was always harping on it. Good luck with your progress.

Good morning to Diane and Summer Breeze!
Old 11-23-21, 06:45 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

Just a quick hello - I've been doing a lot of yoga these past few days, mixing in some hiking and walking. We don't have any plans for Thanksgiving - the thought of traveling down to Long Island and a huge get together is something I really wanted to avoid.

Today is my birthday so we're having lunch out with friends then a very needed mani/pedi this afternoon.

If I'm MIA these next few days, no worries! Just starting the Christmas cleaning and decorating. Starting Thanksgiving morning with "The March of the Wooden Soldiers" then a month of Christmas music.

Be well, everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-21, 08:34 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen's 7 Day Challenge Day # 2- Power 15
Ellen's new Inner and Outer Thigh Workout - this was just what it says it is - she did some standing and some floor work.

It is sunny today so I hope to get some fresh air on a dog walk!

Happy Birthday, Diane!! It sounds like you have a nice day planned!!! I don't blame you - any travels to LI are a nightmare - so much traffic and congestion. So stressful.

Waves, everyone!

Margaret Richard is offering 30% off her streaming, but I think I'll pass. It is hard for me to commit to any one thing for a year!

Take care!

Donna

Tags
jim fixx