Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-21, 08:06 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Today I did an abs and a stretch routine from Erin Wilson Pilates - the abs one was tough!
https://youtu.be/2k0qrKZKuZU
https://youtu.be/KNz0_t5unpA

I also did this 10-minute yoga nidra with Melissa West:
https://youtu.be/lCuCb4O4_w0

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 05:13 AM  
Margot

Good morning all!

ETV has 2 episodes of CS Season 14 on their site. I remember doing one a few weeks back and will revisit that one again tomorrow. This morning I did the first episode.

- CS1401 - Full Body Alignment. I really enjoyed this routine. There were a couple of moves I haven't seen in a while, such as the 'Alphabet' and 'Caribbean Spine'. The setting is lovely. I believe Miranda said she was in a vineyard. I really liked the music too - very soothing.
- HealthBarre - 30 minutes to Evening Glow

Beth - Thank you for the links. I think I'll try Erin's short balance routine this evening.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 11-17-21, 08:14 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, interesting that Jessica trumps CS for you; I haven't been doing much of the latter at all but want to get back to it.

Margot, I wasn't sure if I liked Erin's style but the routines were good.

cyana, I think I'd take dry over over-the-top too.

Paine, I think we may have seen some of The Princess Switch - I am not 100% sure since so many are similar, and so many have royalty themes!

Pat, sorry about the frustrating day! My mom and sister swear by Aldi's, but I've never shopped there.

Happy Wednesday all.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-17-21, 10:57 AM  
JustSandra

Hi -- Just checked Amazon, and the price is up for CS Season 14 -- $54.95 plus $3.99 shipping. Ouch! I'm glad my Amazon GC won't come through for a couple weeks, as I need to think about this. Margot, thanks for your comments re the Season 14 episode you did. It reminded me I already have plenty of CS/Essentrics workouts that include these moves, and that, really, Season 14 is unlikely to contain very much brand-new material.

Time to get ready for work -- be back later with today's workout!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 11:40 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday was frustrating and my autoimmune issues were acting up. I did YWK's Morning Yoga Movement Day #4, Neck & Shoulders, then in the evening did some of Shakti Warrior Lesson 8 - Blossom Into You.

I was loving the Shakti until my laptop battery died. Roll eyes!!! I'll do that one from the top next time.

Margot - dreams really do take us down weird paths. Some I want to forget immediately! Good workouts for you.

Paine, I'm sorry the insomnia bug got you.

Beth, I'll have to try that yoga nidra - thanks. I don't go to ALDI either, the one in my town is a ####hole. It's only good for sweets and processed foods.

Sandra, is that a sale price?

Waves to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 12:07 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Strong for Life Strength workout (all of the upper body work plus calves, abs, outer thigh, inner thigh and quads)

I was only going to do Margaret's upper body work but felt like adding some lower body exercises and I'm glad I did.

It pi$$es me off when I'm lifting weights and right in the middle of an exercise, a hair will dangle in my face or in front of my eye or I'll have an itch. It's so distracting and annoying!

Sandra, I'm sure CS will be having their holiday sale so you could buy Season 14 from there as a way to save money.
Yeah I'm fighting Stiff Old Lady Syndrome too. Just think--this is probably as good as it gets since we will just get older!

EDIT to add: Sandra, they are having the sale now at Essentrics.com and Season 14 is $40.99 plus $7 shipping ($47.99 total).

Beth, I like the look of Erin Wilson's 15 minute Ab workout. Thanks for giving the link to it!

Margot, thanks for telling us about that Season 14 episode!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 09:19 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I thought that Pilates routine might leave me sore but it didn't. Robin Long has a 4-day Pilates challenge that I might start Saturday. I hate that with hairs too - but I hate anytime a loose hair is stuck on a part of my body.

Pat I have to remember to get back to the Bellyfit workouts! Sorry about the laptop dying.

Sandra I wonder how much will be new in the latest CS Season too.

I really loved this "Yoga for the Exhausted" routine I did tonight (with a local yoga teacher):
https://youtu.be/sHNXEULMBjI

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-17-21, 09:45 PM  
JustSandra

Hi again!

Today's Workout: The Poolside Lower Body + Abs routine from the original Essentrics set with Miranda. The leg work was good, with lots of balance challenges (including The Alphabet!) but the abs were all double-time crunches.

Paine: Thanks for the price info from the essentrics.com website. Definitely a better price than through Amazon -- except I wouldn't be able to use the Amazon gift card! And I already have sooooo much CS/Essentrics. So I think I'll wait and see what Jessica comes up with first.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 09:25 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Nothing much yesterday. I needed a day to get over Autoimmune Tuesday, and fortunately I had a massage on the books for last night so I immersed in rest. Feeling much better today and began it with 30 minutes of yin.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 11:12 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I woke up at 3:30am again. I couldn't make myself workout this morning.

Pat, I'm glad you are feeling a bit better today!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote