Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-06-10, 03:03 PM  
booklvr

Had a hysterectomy in Aug.

Work on your core now-big time. I was doing the captain's chair-you know where you hang on the handles of a tall chair thing and lift your knees up-when I found out I had to have mine. I started doing a lot more right up till my surgery. I had a full one vaginally also. Working on my core helped me a lot. I was up walking the day after surgery. When I got home from the hospital, I stayed in bed for a day then I got up. I couldn't bend over but I could make my kid a sandwich and that kind of thing. I went to work about 2 weeks later for half a day. It took several weeks to get my energy back but I could function pretty much after a few weeks. Don't worry about exercise. It'll come a little at time. Walking would be good to start off. For a few months I still felt a little crampy and stuff. But now, life is great. It's nice not having cramps and periods and all that.
Janice
booklvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-10, 02:49 PM  
videofit

I think the worst part is getting all that anesthesia out of your system. I drank loads of water and herbal tea. You can smell the chemicals in your urine. Anesthesia makes you feel depressed, too.

Yep, I wish I had had the surgery years before. My cramps were worse from my periods.
Old 04-08-10, 10:43 AM  
booklvr

one other thing

A girl I worked with stayed in bed for 6 weeks after her hysterectomy. It took forever to get her energy back and recover, she told me. The nurse told me the sooner you start using those muscles the better you'll be. I got up and did little stuff after a few days and that really helped. So don't rush it but start doing what you can, when you can. Good luck!!
booklvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 11:05 AM  
MARIKA

WOW! You ladies are truely inspiring.

I had no idea so many had this surgery here. You guys workout so hard maintain a healthy life, I'm speechlesss. Next time I don't feel like working out I'll think of this thread & all of you!

Tags
abdominal surgery, hysterectomy