Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-22, 10:23 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, I just checked for the first time in awhile this morning and saw one bird there; I assumed it was the "chick" even though he looks all grown up now!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-22, 10:29 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Fitness Becomes You Volume 2 Program C: calves, quads, hamstrings & gluteals
Volume 2 Program B: outer thigh, inner thigh & cool down

Beth, I think 54 minutes is a long workout! It seems you have raised the intensity of your workouts in the last couple of weeks.

Pat, on our walk yesterday my grandson and I saw the mother of our younger son's fiancé and we briefly spoke to her, so that was nice. She and her DH live 2 streets away from us, on the same street that my sister lives on.
I just now checked and the osprey chick is back in the nest. That chick is big now!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-22, 11:49 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
Beth, I think 54 minutes is a long workout! It seems you have raised the intensity of your workouts in the last couple of weeks.
Paine, it actually feels like kind of the opposite to me. Although Hamelin's routines are longer (and definitely intense!), they seem less intense than the heavy lifting I had been doing with Cee's workouts. And I'm only doing his 1-hour routines every other day.

Today wound up being Kit Rich (Revive & Reset Challenge, Day 2) + Yee's Core Cross Train (Strength Practice).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-27-22, 05:57 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Since my knees have been feeling mostly okay the last several days, and because I needed a Margaret break I did Lower Body Sculpt from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set. I modified a bit here and there, and substituted my own final stretches in place of Jessica's. The knees did fine!

Earlier today I walked outside for 1.5 hours. I also did some patio puttering, plus drove to a shopping center a little ways from me to browse a couple of stores I don't usually get to. I didn't end up buying anything but enjoyed looking!

Pat58: No, Chuze Fitness is coed. Here's the website for the one I've joined:

https://chuzefitness.com/gym-locations/ca/birdcage/

I don't know of any all-female gyms near me, unfortunately.

Paine: That's so nice that several members of your family live so close to you. My brother lives in my same complex, and for the last 2.5 years his daughter (my niece) lived with him. Our family is tiny, so it has been nice to have everyone so close! But my niece will likely move on sometime this fall.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 10:28 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jari Slim & Lean (25 minutes of Upper Body selections)
Rodney's Yoga for Energy and Stress Relief (Soothe and Stretch practice)

Sandra, that gym looks great! Do you think you'll be swimming in the pool there?
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 11:03 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Yesterday I accomplished:

~ Kassandra Full Body Morning Stretch
~ Lunch walk
~ Evening walk at the beach
~ 6,896 steps

It was perfect at the beach! I chatted with a seagull and watched the American oyster catchers that nest on a tiny off-shore island. Also observed an osprey looking for dinner, but no dramatic fish dives. Today we're supposed to get t-storms, we'll see. Either that or the big pregnant cloud that hangs over us and disappears again, leaving the heat even worse.

Sandra, that gym is sweet! Would you try the group classes?

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 11:06 AM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Yesterday's workouts:
- HealthBarre 30 mins
- NSD 30 mins. I haven't done any of Virginia's dance classes for the past few months. It was really fun, as always.
- Walk to our local Fishponds. There are usually only ever 2 herons there but yesterday we saw five.
- ETV Gail's class, excluding the floor work
- Mimi K-D Week 2 Muscle Tendon Changing

Pat - I had a peak at the Osprey cam. The chick was on its own and preening itself. No sign of the parents at the moment. I'm such a doofus; I checked in when I first got up, forgetting it was in the middle of the night for you! Lovely moon though.

Sandra - The gym looks great and it'll so nice to workout in a brand spanking new facility. Do you think you'll be taking any exercise classes?

Waves Paine, Beth and all.
Old 07-29-22, 03:24 AM  
Margot

Happy Friday

Yesterday's workouts:
- Karin Hands to Heart
- 1 hour walk through local villages and countryside
- Daisy Lee's 3 movements of the Wuji Hunan Qigong sequence. Daisy is so calm and graceful. I always feel wonderful after doing her classes.
- Pete Caughey Stop the mind and observe

This morning I did a quick:
- HealthBarre (YT) Total Body Sculpt Top Up and
- HealthBarre (YT) Somatic Trunk Rotation

Late this morning we're going to a local Mansion and planning a picnic lunch along a 2 hour circular walk around the estate.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 07-29-22, 07:22 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

Yesterday was morning stretching and HIIT (10 60 second cycles) in the afternoon.

Busy week. Not a terrible week, just lots of very large reports to dig through (the reports seemed to get larger every day ) plus some end of the month stuff that I have to get wrapped up today.

Quick moment of humor - I came across this story earlier this week and thought it was absolutely hysterical: https://www.today.com/parents/parent...hood-rcna39895 . As a boy-mom who had a child that absolutely loved Halloween, I got a huge laugh from this. This little guy would be more than welcome to run around my neighborhood in costume any day. I shared the link with one of my co-workers who said she couldn't read the story because she was so scared of dolls and clowns!

Margot - Sounds like you have a lovely day planned.

Waves to ALL. Will catch up with everyone over the week-end.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-22, 08:50 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, you posted about HealthBarre before, right? I remember that it's Sandra Hanna from Callanetics. I think I might try the 12 min routine.

cyana, busy non-terrible weeks can be exhausting too! Hope you don't have to work over the weekend. I do have to wonder about letting your 5yo dress up as Chucky!

Pat, I saw some of your beach photos; it did look like a perfect day!

It looks like a nice day here too - I think I'm going to go for a canalside bike ride on my own this afternoon. Hope everyone has a good day!

Follow me @YogiBethC