Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-25-22, 08:32 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Since I had unexpected time on my hands today (we weren't supposed to get back from our trip until this afternoon), I decided to film another video. I had previously jotted down some ideas for a practice that would include poses with head support for migraines, so I would up doing "Yoga for Headaches and Migraines":
https://youtu.be/bX27j5aLB0w

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 08:22 AM  
JustSandra

Good morning!

I neglected to post

Monday's Workout: Lower body segments from Margaret Richard's Getting Better. I used 1-lb. leg weights strapped above my knee for all of the exercises (before I was doing my lower body stuff unweighted), plus my own warmup and stretches. I also got out for a 1.5-hour outdoor walk.

I have officially joined the new Chuze Fitness opening near me this fall.

Yogapam: Have a wonderful trip!

Beth: Yes, I guess this is my last vacation from paid employment!

Pat58: I had a Medicare adventure yesterday! I already have Medicare Part A (hospitalization) as you automatically get that for free at age 65. I was able to decline Part B (which is paid for out of Social Security) since I had insurance through my employer. However, I've now submitted an application to begin Part B. Problem is I goofed up on when I wanted it to start so I had to call Social Security *twice* yesterday (waiting 40+ minutes each time to talk to someone). I think I have it fixed but was advised to call back again in 7-10 business days to be sure. Fun times!

Waving to all -- be back later with today's workout!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 09:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Wish I could say we had thunderstorms, but all we got were empty promises. At least today is a little drier and there's a light breeze.

Last night I enjoyed my grandniece's sacral-themed yoga class via Zoom.

Sandra, thank you for the Medicare report. Good luck with your most recent development.

Everyone have a wonderful day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 09:59 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Rodney's Ultimate Power Yoga (Power Foundation practice)

I'll be going on a neighborhood walk with my grandson this morning.

Sandra, congratulations on joining a gym! I'll be interested to hear the types of exercise you do there.
I've waited a long time to talk to Social Security on the phone too and it sucked!

Beth, fortunately, I don't have migraines anymore. I started getting occasional migraines in my mid 30's and sometime in my mid 40's, I didn't have them anymore so they left just as mysteriously as they came.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 07:17 PM  
JustSandra

Hi again! Back with

Today's Workout: The Upper Body routine from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set.

Since I didn't have enough fun yesterday with all my phone calls to Social Security, today it was working with my cable company to change my package. But I did get it done (it costs a little less and I have some channels I have missed), and I'm now planning "funner" activities for the rest of my week off.

I went by the Chuze Fitness that I joined and it is still a work in progress. I talked to a nearby security guard who told me they are now aiming for opening in late September. That will actually work out well with my retirement date.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-22, 06:08 AM  
Twigs

Good morning all

Yesterday's short workouts:
- Ellen Barrett Core Fusion
- Karin Standing Strengthening Twists with gliders
- 1 hour walk on our local Common
- Qigong with Mimi Kuo-Deemer, with focus on the 5 Elements

Pat - Hope you get some respite soon from the heat. Our temps have dropped to low 70s but it's supposed to heat up again later in the week. Your sacral-themed yoga class with your grandniece sounds nice.

Beth & Paine - I've never suffered from headaches or migraines. It should have been red flag for me when I had a mild headache over the two days before I contracted the Covid variant. I just didn't think much of it at the time and when the sore throat hit, the virus came on too fast for me to ward it off with my tinctures.

Sandra - Waiting on the phone for so long is such a pain. My DH had to wait 2 hours last year when he had to call the IRS, only to be hung up on when he finally got through to a live person. He then had to call back later in the evening and wait another couple of hours before he finally got answered. Glad you got through all the tedious stuff and can now enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Waves to all!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-22, 09:21 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Funny, I used to headaches a lot in my 20s before I started getting migraines - maybe that was a sign! I actually think the new practice I filmed would be helpful for overall tension in the muscles and perhaps for some other types of pain.

Did another long HDM workout yesterday, but that one was about 54 min, so more manageable. Today will be another Kit Rich routine. I thought that would be it since I was supposed to go to lunch with my former boss, but she had to reschedule for next week, so now I have more time; maybe I'll just do some gentle yoga.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-27-22, 09:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday I accomplished:

~ My own PT/yoga sequence including some standing poses
~ Lunch walk
~ Bellyfit Springtime Ritual workout 3 - Seeds of Sustenance
~ Bird Restorative Yoga Full Body Stretch
~ 5,586 steps

That was the first Bellyfit I almost Joni-O'ed!! It's the one with nauli kriya. Things just didn't feel right at first - then bizarrely the flow began to sink in. Maybe because I was following this routine isolated from the entire workshop? Oddly I woke up with the desire to do it again.

Beth, I'll have to try your migraine practice. Do you think it might be helpful for tension/sinus headaches?

Margot, good news that your temps have dropped. I tried Ellen's Yoga Core a week or so ago and enjoyed it.

Sandra, sounds like the new gym is aligning with the stars for you. Is it all women?

Paine, did you and GS have any adventures?

Good morning to Pam, Cyana, Carolyn and anyone else who visits! Everyone have a wonderful day.
Old 07-27-22, 09:35 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Beth, I'll have to try your migraine practice. Do you think it might be helpful for tension/sinus headaches?
Pat, I definitely think it could be, although as I say at the start of the video, it's very individual - some poses might work, so might not. Most of the poses have some kind of head support, but you have the option to use a pillow, blanket, or block, depending on what you need. I included timestamps in the comments below the video if you want to jump to a specific pose.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-27-22, 09:41 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

The nest is empty! I've been noticing the parents are staying away but this chick hasn't seemed interested in exercising his wings. Most of the nests in my stewards' group have fledged. As of yesterday Mom was still feeding on her brief visits and she seemed to be nudging him to "come on already and flap." Hope he is good.

ETA: He arrived back at the nest with a perfectly executed landing and looking very confident!