Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-19-21, 03:32 PM  
T2B

ASAS - glad you were able to see someone for your eye and that it’s getting better.

19. BOSS BANDS: Total Body Timesaver #2 Upper Body, 46mins + TURBO FIRE: Stretch 10 Class (virgin). Well actually, Stretch 10 is 12:27. Lol. I really liked it and can see myself using it a lot. . Boss Bands Timesaver 2 still has a at least 10 mins of lower body work so this makes the perfect timesaver to get the flavor of the full workout. The back, bicep & triceps segments are really good. Jen is extra hammy in the biceps section.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 04:01 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

T2B, thank you! I am glad too, I was getting worry about it.

3-in-1 Total Body Fitness with Desi Bartlett (dust bunny) it has three 20 minutes or so workouts, I did all three for the first time, I'd usually do cardio or strength plus the flexibility segment. They are filmed outside near the beach.

8.) Cardio. The cardio is nice and fun, kind of a Leslie walk in intensity, but with more interesting choreography, I kept everything low impact, there were a little hop here and there, that would make it a bit more "intense".

9.) Strength. This one is nice too, for a light day workout, first circuit she did several exercises for the lower body, next upper body, she then combined both, then second circuit, similar pattern sometimes, there was quite a bit of triceps work, at the end she combines everything together from the top.

10.) Flexibility. I like this one too, it is relaxing, she uses a towel for some stretches, I used a stretch strap instead.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 05:28 PM  
bubbles76

Sugar, how'd I miss the part about your eye?? I'm so sorry you've been dealing with that.

Cate I have Shoulder Shape Up also and it's a virgin for me too. I've got to check it out now.

Day 14 (Friday) - Firm Total Body Toner. Dust bunny. This wasn't a bad workout. It covered all areas, and the reps weren't too high. This just isn't the kind of workout that I want to do anymore. I felt that there weren't enough reps and sets for me to get stronger, which is my ultimate goal.

I think I'm going to start taking off the weekends, at least for awhile. I've been going hard 6 days a week for so long, and I have been dreading my workouts. I think if I dedicate the weekends to just rest or yoga then I'll spark some more joy into my workouts. I mean, once I start working out I look forward to it, but it's just the getting started that's been hard. However, last weekend when I took the whole weekend off I felt so much better when I tackled my workout on Monday. We'll see how it goes. It's been years that I have only worked out five days a week.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 07:50 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys! I've been a bum this wknd but did spend a lot of yesterday outside walking around at a tractor show and flea market with my hubby and father-in-law. Gorgeous day for it and I bought a cool ring made from a sugar spoon and a wire scorpion to be friends with the one I already have.

ASAS, I already have like 9 spiders, I think, on the web but I made 3 more that still need eyes. Hoping to finish those tmrw and post.

Katie, thanks! You know me, Halloween celebration can't start too early and no such thing as too much!

Bubbles, I think taking wknds off sounds like a good plan. You can always do smthg spontaneously (like Misty!) if the mood grabs you but not feeling obligated can be very freeing.

T2B, I misunderstood when you said you were putting TF10 on your list. I'm glad you already had it and didn't have to acquire it! Yeah, just over 12 minutes instead of 10. If the workout doesn't match the time they say I always wish they wouldn't put the time in the title! So misleading.

So last night I laid out a workout plan for the next 4 weeks and then realized I was planning for October and didn't include the Halloween workouts I have planned so I may just have to start over since I plan too much all the time anyway. Argh. Good thing I love planning!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 09:58 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, the tractor show and flea market sounds like fun. BTW, love the profile photo of Cyric on TF.

Bubbles, I'll be interested to know what you think of Shoulder Shape Up. Do you have any other Jill dvd's?

This evening, I did Day 6 dust bunny, Gilad Quick Fix Shoulders and Arms. It is one of two VHS I still own from back in the day. Actually my first workout purchase ever and from vintage Collage. I really like it and used to do all the time. I hope they've made it into dvd version because when I rewound it, the VHS player messed it up at the end. I had to rewind the very last part by hand. Not sure if it will play again but if not, it sure has lasted a long time.

ASAS, glad your eye is doing better.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 06:35 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Bubbles & Cate, thank you!

Vantreesta, you are not kidding with those spiders!

Today's workout was Leslie's The Tone Every Zone Walk (dust bunny). I did all three, I think it is the first time I do them all together. 11.) Upper Body, 12.) Lower Body, 13.) Fast walk + Short Stretch (my own).

Waves to all!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 09-20-21, 09:06 PM  
Catahoula Cate

ASAS, great accomplishment on the Leslie workouts.

For Day 7, I did dust bunny Ellen Barrett's Slim Sculpt. This was a fav Ellen of mine and then I got out of habit of using dvd's. I still like this one and will try to keep it out of "dust bunny" status.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-21, 12:03 PM  
Vantreesta

Just posted the front door pic, ASAS!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 09-21-21, 12:33 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Cate, thanks! That Ellen Barrett's workout you did yesterday looks fabulous! Are you streaming now these days, instead of using DVDs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Just posted the front door pic, ASAS!
Thanks for letting me know! I read your comment and went to check it out right away. Good job, it looks great!! You are very crafty!!

Old 09-21-21, 12:44 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Cate, thanks! That Ellen Barrett's workout you did yesterday looks fabulous! Are you streaming now these days, instead of using DVDs?

Thanks for letting me know! I read your comment and went to check it out right away. Good job, it looks great!! You are very crafty!!
Thank you! I enjoy it and love when a mental picture actually works out like I see it!

Tags
20 different instructors