Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-05-21, 09:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Looking for protein powder suggestions please

So what's new or your standard go-to for protein powder? It can be vegan or whey but I lean toward vegan. I like to put a scoop in green smoothies or just shake it up with water.

Attributes I'm looking for include:
  • natural ingredients
  • branched chain amino acids
  • calorie friendly
  • not gritty
  • not fortified with excess vitamins
  • smooth texture when blended
  • tastes good!
  • flavor options, at least vanilla and chocolate

Thanks!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 11:02 AM  
TracyQ

I no longer use protein powders but when I did I used Jay Robb’s for years. They used to have an orange creamsicle flavor that was so good. It looks like that flavor is discontinued but they have chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.

I’m not sure if it has the attributes you are looking for but you can check out the ingredients here https://www.jayrobb.com/

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 11:46 AM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I no longer use protein powders but when I did I used Jay Robb’s for years. They used to have an orange creamsicle flavor that was so good. It looks like that flavor is discontinued but they have chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.

I’m not sure if it has the attributes you are looking for but you can check out the ingredients here https://www.jayrobb.com/
Dynamix has an orange dreamsicle flavor with their Iso 100 powder https://shop.bodybuilding.com/produc...uid=DYM2370006. That flavor is only available in their 5 lb. tub, however. It's my staple protein powder I like orange dreamsicle flavored anything! I also use the MIO orange vanilla flavor in plain greek yogurt.

Sorry to hijack the thread, just wanted to give you another option for that flavor!
Old 07-05-21, 12:28 PM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I also use the MIO orange vanilla flavor in plain greek yogurt.
Great idea for flavoring plain yogurt!
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 12:57 PM  
difit

I like the Vega brand. I usually get the Vega Sport. It comes in vanilla and chocolate. I think they came out with Peanut Butter flavor.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 01:09 PM  
kristiep

I like Kathy Smith’s brand. Tastes great and comes in whey- and plant-based versions. There are only two flavors, vanilla and chocolate, if that matters to you.

I use a blender to make sure it blends well (oat milk or cow milk as the liquid base) - a spoon does not do it alone. I also mix in a multi-collagen protein powder from Wholesome Wellness, along with spinach, frozen fruit, flax seed, etc.

I have not bought many different types of protein powders, but I did shop around. Kathy Smith offers sales regularly and discounts on multiple canisters. It’s been a good value for me.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 04:29 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
Dynamix has an orange dreamsicle flavor with their Iso 100 powder https://shop.bodybuilding.com/produc...uid=DYM2370006. That flavor is only available in their 5 lb. tub, however. It's my staple protein powder I like orange dreamsicle flavored anything! I also use the MIO orange vanilla flavor in plain greek yogurt.

Sorry to hijack the thread, just wanted to give you another option for that flavor!
Thank you. I used to drink a lot of protein shakes when I was lifting heavy but I got out of the habit after having rotator cuff surgery. Now that I’m lifting again I should get back into the habit because I need all the help I can gaining muscle at my age (soon to be 58 ). I plan to buy some of the orange dreamsicle flavor. It’s always been my favorite flavor.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 04:46 PM  
katmom

I have recently been enjoying Ambrosia Planta which I purchased off Amazon. A bit pricey but it blends well without any grit which has been my main issue with plant based protein powders.
Old 07-05-21, 04:51 PM  
IceQueen07

which is better for you egg protein powder or whey powder? No allergies to either.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 05:01 PM  
ardnas

This is the only one I could find for my mom when she needed one that was plant based, has no soy, is organic, & has good reviews.

Tags
collagen, protein powder, protein powders, vegan protein powder