Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-28-21, 05:27 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

What is wrong with me?

Holy cow...this perimenopause is a b*tch!! I am moody, can't sleep, and change my mind CONSTANTLY. My latest incident.......I, recently, complained on here about "hating" Jessica Smith strength workouts and saying I was sick of her. Then, immediately started doing the rotation for the Walk On: 21 Day Weight Loss plan. But, that wasn't enough. To prove my current insane mental state, today I went and ordered the 6 week transformation series (Walk Strong) and the other 2 discs for Walk Strong 2 (I already had one of them). OMG. I feel like I am losing my mind!!! I change my mind faster than you can blink. It's scary!!!! Yesterday, I cried at a laundry detergent commercial. What the hell!!! I am horrified what I will be like when menopause finally arrives!!!

I do have one plus though...since I couldn't lose weight (my body said "hell, no, b*tch), I have learned to accept my current weight. I am either a size 16 or 18 and weight about 200-204 pounds at 5'7". I learned to love myself and I learned I am enough. I am worthy. There is nothing wrong with me and the diet industry is not going to profit off of me anymore. I learned to focus on what my body CAN DO and not on what it looks like. So, that part has been life changing (the one and the ONLY good thing about perimenopause!!). I am the most confident I have ever been. I am now focused on fitness and NOT a number on a scale.

Ok, sorry for my rant. I just dropped almost $100 on new workout Dvds. I am hopeful my mind stays focused so I am able to do these before the "wind changes"!!!!! Wish me luck!!!!!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 05:31 PM  
donnamp

Gemini2874 -I think the positives outweigh the negatives here. And, i think that perhaps w/ meno things will settle down more - at least there won't be these crazy fluctuations. I am on a Jessica Smith kick myself, doing a Walk Strong 1.0 rotation right now.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 05:46 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Lol, I wouldn't worry that it's necessarily perimenopause related! I find myself doing this a lot (I'm 41 now, but I've been this way for a long time ). I am very fickle, and once I decide I'm interested in something, it becomes all-consuming. And yes, I do the same thing with workout DVDs. I can go years without being interested in a particular instructor or workout genre, but then I suddenly decide I AM interested in them/it and I have to acquire everything available.

Just letting you know you are not alone!

ETA: But it may be a Gemini thing!! I am a Gemini as well
Old 03-28-21, 05:51 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post

I do have one plus though...since I couldn't lose weight (my body said "hell, no, b*tch), I have learned to accept my current weight. I am either a size 16 or 18 and weight about 200-204 pounds at 5'7". I learned to love myself and I learned I am enough. I am worthy. There is nothing wrong with me and the diet industry is not going to profit off of me anymore. I learned to focus on what my body CAN DO and not on what it looks like. So, that part has been life changing (the one and the ONLY good thing about perimenopause!!). I am the most confident I have ever been. I am now focused on fitness and NOT a number on a scale.
I am both very happy for you and envious of your acceptance of yourself. I have struggled with disordered eating/exercising for my entire life and it has truly ruined my life. I am thrilled to see that you feel confident and are focusing on what's important. I desperately want to get there someday.

Enjoy your new workouts!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 05:58 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Gemini2874 -I think the positives outweigh the negatives here. And, i think that perhaps w/ meno things will settle down more - at least there won't be these crazy fluctuations. I am on a Jessica Smith kick myself, doing a Walk Strong 1.0 rotation right now.

Donna
Donna, thank you!

How do you like Walk Strong 1? I debating starting it when it comes on Wednesday or finishing the 21 day rotation.
Old 03-28-21, 05:59 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
Lol, I wouldn't worry that it's necessarily perimenopause related! I find myself doing this a lot (I'm 41 now, but I've been this way for a long time ). I am very fickle, and once I decide I'm interested in something, it becomes all-consuming. And yes, I do the same thing with workout DVDs. I can go years without being interested in a particular instructor or workout genre, but then I suddenly decide I AM interested in them/it and I have to acquire everything available.

Just letting you know you are not alone!

ETA: But it may be a Gemini thing!! I am a Gemini as well
OMG..I was laughing when you mentioned the Gemini thing! So true!!!! I actually spit out my drink!!!! hahaha
Old 03-28-21, 06:00 PM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 06:12 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
I have been going through perimenopause while grieving the loss of my youngest son. My emotions have been all over the place. It is a daily struggle. I put on a mask every single day, but inside, I am so tormented. I just
recently started caring for my self again, but it is so hard and more often than not my attempts are fleeting. I do have better days and enjoy time spent with my two other children and grandchildren. I keep visiting here to inspire my desire to exercise and lose weight and to be healthy.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 06:12 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I am both very happy for you and envious of your acceptance of yourself. I have struggled with disordered eating/exercising for my entire life and it has truly ruined my life. I am thrilled to see that you feel confident and are focusing on what's important. I desperately want to get there someday.

Enjoy your new workouts!

Erica
Erica, I really appreciate your honest and thoughtful response. It took 47 years for me to get to this point. I try to surround myself with body positive quotes, pictures and stories. I read an awesome article about women running the marathon in their underwear to prove that fitness and beauty is not a number on a scale. I love to get inspired by stories like this!

Link: https://www.shape.com/lifestyle/mind...heir-underwear

Some of my favorite quotes are: "Body confidence does not come from trying to achieve the perfect body, it comes from embracing the one you've already got."-author unknown

"One day I decided I was beautiful and carried out my life like a beautiful girl. It doesn't have anything to do with how the world perceives you. What matters I what YOU see". -Gabourey Sidibe

"Life is so much more beautiful and complex than a number on a scale".- Tess Holliday

I believe in you! You WILL get there. You are worthy and perfect just the way you are!! Don't let anyone tell you different!!!! Life is short so live your life the way you want now...don't wait!!!! Don't worry- We can have each other's backs!!!!
Old 03-28-21, 06:17 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
I have been going through perimenopause while grieving the loss of my youngest son. My emotions have been all over the place. It is a daily struggle. I put on a mask every single day, but inside, I am so tormented. I just
recently started caring for my self again, but it is so hard and more often than not my attempts are fleeting. I do have better days and enjoy time spent with my two other children and grandchildren. I keep visiting here to inspire my desire to exercise and lose weight and to be healthy.
Oh, Penny. I am so very sorry for your son's passing. My heart breaks for you. Grief is such a lonely road. I know your pain after losing a loved one myself. Please don't be afraid to get counseling. I learned the hard way that I should have done so. I tried to deal with it myself and it was a mistake. Journaling also helps. I applaud you for recognizing the importance of self care. Focusing on health, wellness and fitness is a good tool. Please know I am thinking of you and sending you love and prayers. ❤️

Tags
body acceptance, body positivity, perimenopause