Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-20-19, 11:45 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Cathe's 4-Day Split?

Can't believe I'm asking this but here goes. I hate splits, HATE them, and yet somehow, I absolutely LOVE Cathe's Fit Split set and get quite a bit of use out of it because it's so versatile. I'd avoided 4-Day Split because it required equipment I didn't have (a high step) but I now have one, so I'm reconsidering this set.

I've heard her cueing leaves something to be desired though....and I'm wondering just how bad is it? I tend to pick up choreography very quickly, so I'm not worried about eventually getting it...I'm just wondering how many tries I'll need based on how late she cues.

Any fans of this set or are there other cons I'm not aware of?

Thanks!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 12:10 PM  
muggle

I've heard that too but I must be missing something because I never felt lost or confused. I think Cathe's cueing was fine. I LOVE 4 day split. They are all great and solid workouts in my opinion. In the "high intensity step" workout, there is a segment where my feet just won't cooperate and I adore step! I just plod on anyway. If you like Fit Split then I'm guessing you'll really enjoy 4 day split. Everytime I do one of those workouts I remember how much fun they are!!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 12:28 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I've been doing Cathe for years, and the cuing on the step workouts on 4 day split was not as good as in her earlier releases IMHO---meaning late. Late to me means cuing as you're doing without a heads up. I did get the moves in both of them and really do enjoy both the high and low step workouts, but as someone who is accustomed to getting the moves the first time, it was a bit frustrating for me.

That said, don't be afraid of 4 day split. The cuing issue for me was not a deal breaker, just a minor annoyance outweighed by the positives of this set. I give it a definite thumbs up!

Incidentally I don't have a high step but have been able to use my standard step for all of the workouts that use the high one. I also own the two high step DVDs that Cathe put out, managing with the standard step which is probably better for my knees anyway.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 12:52 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

You two are my enablers but my credit card hates you now, hah!! Seriously, thanks for your input. I think I need this set. I seem to recall Mary saying she'd have an end of year sale...I'm hoping I did not imagine her saying that!
Old 12-20-19, 01:21 PM  
manleym

I bought 4 Day Split a few months ago as a Daily Deal and Cathe was offering 25% off bundles, and it was so worth it! I just finished a 4 week rotation and didn't get tired of it. I did sometimes sub the cardo from Cross Train Express for variety but 4DS is definitely worth having. It is fun and versatile with SO MANY premixes. You should be able to catch on within the first few times. To me, the cuing isn't any worse than newer releases.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 01:24 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
I bought 4 Day Split a few months ago as a Daily Deal and Cathe was offering 25% off bundles, and it was so worth it! I just finished a 4 week rotation and didn't get tired of it. I did sometimes sub the cardo from Cross Train Express for variety but 4DS is definitely worth having. It is fun and versatile with SO MANY premixes. You should be able to catch on within the first few times. To me, the cuing isn't any worse than newer releases.
Nice!!! And I know you and I have similar taste in workouts, so this is very encouraging!! Thank you!
Old 12-20-19, 01:46 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Nice!!! And I know you and I have similar taste in workouts, so this is very encouraging!! Thank you!
You are welcome! Yes, we do have similar tastes in workouts!

You'll have to let me know if you buy them and what you think.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 02:30 PM  
ChelePA

I also bought Four Day Split on sale and with the Step Boss DVDs. Actually my family bought it as a gift. Love it! I was able to catch on to the choreography after a few tries. That one and Cross Train Express offer a great variety. And I find the cardio routines fun!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 02:48 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I also bought Four Day Split on sale and with the Step Boss DVDs. Actually my family bought it as a gift. Love it! I was able to catch on to the choreography after a few tries. That one and Cross Train Express offer a great variety. And I find the cardio routines fun!
Yes, 4DS and CTX are some of my favorite Cathe strength and cardio workouts. They are so versatile!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 03:03 PM  
prettyinpink

I really like this set, still. Short routines for the win, and lots of ways to split things up.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4 day split, 4ds, cathe, cathe 4 day split, cathe 4ds