Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-03-18, 09:02 PM  
videofit

This clever card and dice game looks like fun. Because of high demand you may not get it in time for Christmas, though.
https://www.victimology.com/
Old 12-03-18, 10:28 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I play Uno with my 6-year-old son. Another fun game is Gobblet Gobblers. Not quite board games but close enough... I have Monopoly and Apples-to-Apples (Junior) on tap -- he likes 'em but it's more fun with more players so I need his pals to get better at reading before I can join in the fun! For Christmas, he's getting Mastermind (which my husband also enjoys). He would like to get said older son into chess and checkers -- the big challenge is said son is a sore loser!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 10:59 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
In the homeschooling circles I'm a part of, board games never went away! They're hugely popular (Catan, Ticket to Ride, Forbidden Island, Carcasson, Dominion, Pandemic are all big).

I like games that are over quickly, lol. Blokus is one of my favorite (playing with my kids and husband). I also prefer dice games (Tenzi, LCR, Farkle) over the more involved board games. My kids love Monopoly-- I hate it.
Pandemic is on my daughter's holiday wish list (she calls it her Christmakanaday list as it is for Christmas, Hanukkah and her birthday which is in Feb) I hadn't heard of it before. We have Settlers of Catan but I have never played it. Maybe when everyone is home in a few weeks we can play them.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 11:19 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Do you guys really play Settlers of Catan with kids? When my friends and I played, we got kind of gutter-brained about it.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 11:42 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
I play Uno with my 6-year-old son. Another fun game is Gobblet Gobblers. Not quite board games but close enough... I have Monopoly and Apples-to-Apples (Junior) on tap -- he likes 'em but it's more fun with more players so I need his pals to get better at reading before I can join in the fun! For Christmas, he's getting Mastermind (which my husband also enjoys). He would like to get said older son into chess and checkers -- the big challenge is said son is a sore loser!
What about classics like Chutes and Ladders, Candyland, Sorry, Connect 4, maybe Battleship? Could be light fun for him and his friends.
Old 12-04-18, 12:52 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayB View Post
Exercise poker is another family favorite, but not a board game. Buy chips with push-ups & sit-ups & play whatever poker game you like. Even if you lose you gain fitness.
Ok, so how exactly does this work? Is there an exchange rate for different types if exercise? Does everyone start with the "same number of push-ups" at the beginning of the night? If you lose all your chips, can you buy back in with more exercises? How do you handle different fitness levels (or do you)?

This sounds pretty cool!
Old 12-04-18, 07:20 AM  
sherry7899

I have not played board games since our son (now 19) was little. I miss that! Wow, there are so many games mentioned here that I have never heard of. They sound fun.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-18, 09:56 AM  
mle777

We're really into the Unlock games! It's basically an escape room in game form. You use a combinations of cards and an app on your phone. It's a bit confusing at first, so I recommend searching for "Unlock tutorial" on YouTube before you begin. Once you figure out the concept, it's a lot of fun

https://www.amazon.com/Unlock-House-...eywords=unlock

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-18, 10:08 AM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
My favorite is Scrabble, followed by any trivia game, checkers, Boggle, Sorry!, and Parchessi.
I could have written this. All my favorites, plus Yahtzee, Word Yahtzee and Cribbage.
Old 12-04-18, 11:58 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
In the homeschooling circles I'm a part of, board games never went away! They're hugely popular (Catan, Ticket to Ride, Forbidden Island, Carcasson, Dominion, Pandemic are all big).

I like games that are over quickly, lol. Blokus is one of my favorite (playing with my kids and husband). I also prefer dice games (Tenzi, LCR, Farkle) over the more involved board games. My kids love Monopoly-- I hate it.
I have the same feeling about Monopoly. It takes FOREVER!
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
board games, games, off topic, off-topic