Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-01-18, 10:12 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post

(Her perfected yellow cake is my go-to birthday cake recipe.)
Mel's Korean Beef is a regular at our house:
https://www.melskitchencafe.com/korean-beef/
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 08:28 AM  
Sollamyn

My family gatherings are comprised of mostly elderly people who do not want to play anything, so we women just sit around and talk while the men watch TV and talk (sometimes--when they're not napping). My niece brings her kids over for a couple of hours of craziness (her young boys are...um, interesting, to say the least!), so sitting around and playing games isn't even an option with them at this point. Maybe in a few years...

Donna
Old 12-02-18, 08:33 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizh View Post
I've heard there is a huge resurgence! What are your favorite games? With how many people?
thanks
Liz
OMG yes!!! We're living in a boardgame renaissance and I have hundreds (it is sort of a passion of mine ).

I play mostly 2-player with my husband but many of our favorite couples' games play great with up to 4 or 5 when we have friends over. Right now we're enjoying:
Codenames (both original and Duet, Sagrada, Pandemic (all 'flavors'), 7 Wonders Duel, Akrotiri, Welcome To..., Arboretum, Hanamikoji, Agricola, Hardback, many of the 'escape room' games (Deckscape, Unlock!, Exit, etc), 13 Days, Castles of Burgundy, Clank!, Five Tribes, Concordia, Grand Austria Hotel... so many more!

Boardgamegeek.com is our online geek headquarters for all things boardgamey.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 11:54 AM  
angie_nrs

We played Splenor with our grown up kids last Christmas. It was really fun to learn a new strategy game. It does take a little getting used to and is definitely easier to learn if someone in the group already knows how to play it. I'm going to ask our son to bring it again this year. It's a really fun game once you learn how to play it.
Old 12-02-18, 12:20 PM  
ardnas

Love to play chess, 4 person chess, scrabble, and upwords (like scrabble but you can build over others' words). But we mostly play card games. Uno, skipbo, and blink. Lately we've been on a (daily) foosball kick, but we also love ping pong.
Old 12-02-18, 01:31 PM  
Sissy B

We still play board games on occasion. There are 3 of us. We have A Christmas Story Monopoly that we play at the holidays. We also like Clue and Life. If we only have 2 players for Clue (usually me and my daughter), we deal a third hand and if the other person doesn't have any of the cards suggested, the one making the suggestion gets to draw from that pile until all the cards are gone.

We also like to play cards - Uno, Dos, and Phase 10.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 05:53 PM  
videofit

I never liked Monopoly that much but the new version, Monopoly for Millennials is selling out, looks like fun. Not for people with no sense of humor.

http://time.com/5455376/millennial-monopoly/
Old 12-02-18, 08:21 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

We like Qwirkle and some of the German games: Ticket to Ride, Keltis and others. The Game of the Year winners in Germany are generally good. I also like Cards Against Humanity, but it is certainly not pc.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 08:58 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I haven't played in ages (no one to play with :/). But I used to play board games like Settlers of Catan, the German game Power Grid, Steve Jackson Games like Munchkin and Chez Geek (both card games). I also like chess and Othello. Would love to learn Go.

If you like Clue, my friend developed a murder mystery party game: Death of a Party.

beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 11:48 AM  
Scorpio6

Bumping
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
board games, games, off topic, off-topic