Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-15, 11:10 AM  
leigh1673

That's awesome - I love hearing tales like that!

I can't say I am in better shape now that in my 20s, but I did do Volumes 1-4 VERY often (with a heavier emphasis on Vol 1 and 4 - Susan is my girl!) in that time period, too, and pretty sure I still know most of the script and moves by heart!
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 11:11 AM  
PhyllisG

I too was with the Firm from the beginning. Paid $50 for Vol 1 when it was first released. Loved it. I had been doing free weights from a couple of books. Bought each volume as soon as they were released. At some point due to a recommendation from collage I ordered Cathe. You know it was much cheaper for me then because they were the only workouts I bought. Never even looked at anyone or anything else.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 12:07 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I received a firm catalog in the mail years ago and was intrigued! But I was in college, didn't have a tv or vcr and Lord knows didn't have $50 to spend on a video I couldn't play anyway.

However, I found a few Firm VHS tapes at my parents local library, so on breaks I'd borrow them and do them and watch them over and over until I knew them reasonably well. I took copious notes on the different moves. Then I bought the audio versions they had available of vols 1-4 and did them in my dorm room. I called the Firm and asked them to send me the heart rate graphs, too, so that helped.

I got tons of use out of those audio tapes, brought them on 2 foreign moves. Loved those early Firms.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 12:24 PM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Me too!

One of my first posts here was asking about which firm tape for shrinking my thighs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Firm Vol. 4 was my first Firm in the early 1990s. The only home exercise I had done previous to that was Cher's step workout with Keli Roberts. So I popped in the VHS and was breathing hard after about five minutes. I was proud I could keep up -- until I realized it was only the warm-up!
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 04:06 PM  
Carol K

I paid $50 for Volumes 1, 4 and 5. By the time I bought Vol. 6, it was sold in a cardboard cover for $20. But now I have all 6 volumes on DVD along with almost every FIRM workout except most of the compilations, Basics and retail kits.
Old 12-22-15, 06:41 PM  
videofit

Actuallly, just realized I still have The Firm Cross Trainers Firm Cardio with Heidi Tanner. I do it maybe once a year because of the fun factor. It seems rather easy to me now compared to when I had all of my Firms. I am so used to Margaret Richard doing fifty reps or more that doing eight or sixteen in this, even with heavier weights, feels like child's play. Still, it's always good to have something a bit easier for lazy days or if I'm not feeling well. The music in the Firms was always excellent. Real music and not tinny mechanical crap like most nowadays.
Old 12-23-15, 02:31 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I am 52, and I am most definitely in better physical shape than I was in my 20's. I love the Firm!
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic firms, revisiting the firm