Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-14, 07:23 AM  
Lulu Belle

I may be wrong, but I thought I also read that the lead and crew wore damp clothes during production of the films so that you couldn't see any sweat forming on them! I remember thinking that it sounded a bit uncomfortable.
Lulu Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 07:26 AM  
Rhonda

I am going back to the FIRMs and have collected quite a few through trades. I am enjoying them and feel worked but not so worked that I am totally wiped out.

I did Tortoise yesterday and hare today. Good combo which I know they are to be used in conjunction with each other.

Planning on sticking with the FIRM for a little while. I guess I am tired of all the high impact that the new workouts are doing. The FIRM seems to not have so much high impact and I can handle them.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 08:51 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I don't know anything about how they filmed the workouts. I do know that I was in very good shape when I did the classics, many moons ago. My favorite was Volume 6 aka "Boomers". Loved Jayne Poteet. I also really like Tracey Long's "Maximum Body Sculpting".

I can't do that tall box climb stuff any more. Or the high impact from the earlier volumes.

Jackie
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 09:06 AM  
CatInTheHat

You can still get a used copy of the book on Amazon!
CatInTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 09:35 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatInTheHat View Post
You can still get a used copy of the book on Amazon!
Oh trust me, I already checked.

ETA: Here's my other concern. I don't like dance-y aerobics. Which ones of the Classics have the LEAST amount of dance-y moves?
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 12:30 PM  
Sissy B

There used to be a website/forum, Mind Under Muscle (it was closed years ago) and Medical Mark/Mark H was a member. He posted lots of behind the scenes stories about the filming of The FIRM workouts. It was very interesting.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 12:43 PM  
dbclark44

I have to agree with you that they are not the norm from today's instructors and I also tend to believe they took a lot of breaks to keep that fresh look. But if you can accept that you'll get in some of the most awesome workouts as Firm classics are the pioneer of AWT (aerobic weight training). They will never lose their flavor. So I recommend to purchase all 6. They are some great workouts despite the outdated outfits.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 12:48 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbclark44 View Post
I have to agree with you that they are not the norm from today's instructors and I also tend to believe they took a lot of breaks to keep that fresh look. But if you can accept that you'll get in some of the most awesome workouts as Firm classics are the pioneer of AWT (aerobic weight training). They will never lose their flavor. So I recommend to purchase all 6. They are some great workouts despite the outdated outfits.
This is the kind of sentiment that I've heard repeatedly, which is what keeps me interested. I'm going to pretend that I have a budget for DVDs, so I might not get all 6, but I'll look at the fitness favorites clips and narrow it down. I know I want Tough Tape. I'll have to decide on a few others.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 12:53 PM  
Messe

Not to enable or anything, but Fitness Favorites sells Vols. 1-6 as a set for $89.19 plus shipping. It's listed under the FitPrime Special Packs for some strange reason.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 12:57 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

If you want just the best of 1-6, you'll be all set with Upper Body/Standing Legs, Light Aerobic Mix and Tough Aerobic Mix!

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic firms, firm classics, the firm