Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-14, 09:33 PM  
kristiep

FIRM: Good Times vs Fitness Faves versions

I'm thinking about purchasing some of the more classic Firm dvds. Is there a difference in the GT vs Fitness Faves versions? In particular, I am thinking about Tracie Long's Total Body Maximum Body Shaping. Would I be better off buying the more pricey newer release or save some bucks and get the GT version from ebay/Amazon/etc.?
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 09:54 PM  
Karyn
VF Supporter

The only difference is chapters. FF has really good chaptering, GT has none. Just depends on how important chapters are to you
Karyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 10:29 PM  
CatInTheHat

Maximum Body Shaping is one of my favorites. It moves so fast I would actually say you don't need the chapters. If you really hate a specific exercise it's done in a minute or two and she moves on, so you probably don't need the chapters unless you have to have them.

I'm not sure chaptering works well with Firm Videos because they aren't like other videos where they do the same thing for 3-4 minutes.
CatInTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-14, 08:10 AM  
Jane1721

I agree that if you don't care about chaptering and want to save a few $$, go ahead and buy the GT version. Personally, I like the chaptering (these were very well done) and I want to support Annette and Fitness Favorites, so it's worth it to me to buy the releases from them.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-14, 10:45 AM  
firmaniac

...Turns out I love the chaptering! It allows me to easily skip the warm-up & stretch and dive right in. Or "ff" to a certain section or 'half' to split up a longer workout. Chaptering of these old videos has helped make them new & fresh for me after so many years of repeated use. The only GoodTimes version I miss is the programmable version of Super Cardio - I liked being able to punch in 5-6 preferred sections to do all step, or all floor etc. I was reluctant to even convert to dvd in the first place, but now am appreciating how much easier it all is for me, time-wise. Hope this helps...

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic firms, firm chaptering, fitness favorites, good times, goodtimes