Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-13, 09:21 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

The 5-pack offer is confusing. I don't think they mean that these are THE classics, just that these are classic Firm workouts. It's the capitalization of the 'C' that positions these as the true classics, but I think that's just an error on the part of whoever wrote the ad copy.

And I had to finally open this thread after all this time - WHY? I've had the Classics twice. But now that they're chaptered ........
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-13, 09:22 AM  
topfitmama

You can create a chaptered DVD using Freemake video converter. I've done that with workouts that weren't chaptered, like P57 CV1.

I'm not familiar with the different Firm eras. I just got the email from them with that offer, and wanted to share on here.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-13, 09:31 AM  
Irish Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I am on the fence about this also. I did them so many times I am not sure I can do them again. But I definitely got some of the best results with the original Firms. Sometimes I feel like throwing the whole thing up and doing the Firm 90 day rotation which I still have.

Is there a link to that rotation you could post? Does it just use volumes 1-6 or does it use a bunch of the original Firms? I just ordered volumes 1-6 from Collage and I'm wondering the best way to use them. Thanks!

"When it gets tough, we say YES!" Jari Love
Irish Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-13, 10:40 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
You can create a chaptered DVD using Freemake video converter. I've done that with workouts that weren't chaptered, like P57 CV1.

I'm not familiar with the different Firm eras. I just got the email from them with that offer, and wanted to share on here.
I received that e-mail too and it is a good deal so thanks for posting it. I just wanted to warn people that the firm direct offer were unchaptered DVDs for people that are bothered by that like me . I should look into that Freemake video converter. I'm sure one of my kids could help me figure it out since I'm extremely low tech. LOL. Thanks for that info too.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-13, 10:54 AM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
I never quit doing older workouts because I know they work. If I didn't already have the 6 Classics on DVD, I would totally spend $90 to get them.

If you know you liked them, and you know they worked for you, why not? I've never understood why people talk about getting some of the best results they ever had with the Classics and then say they won't do them again because they are "old".
I completely agree with Jeanne here. I actually don't have the Classics on DVD, because they are not my favorite Firms. My favorites are the BBH era, plus BSS1. But for this price, I would definitely do the workouts enough to make it worthwhile. So...I will cave if you will!

Regarding the Firm Direct "Classics," the listing specifies it is the "2013 edition," so I don't think this is supposed to refer to the real classics. It sounds like they are just trying to make old workouts that they need to unload sound cool.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-13, 11:41 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I use Freemake, but have never chaptered anything. I assume you have to upload the whole DVD to your computer, then chapter, then download onto a blank DVD? No clue. I had a hard enough time figuring out how to use it all all (thanks, Barb!)
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-13, 01:45 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I think you should buy them.

I bought and paid for each of the Classics on dvd individually (except for 5 which wasn't available). I bought the Better Buns one instead. I don't feel I wasted my money. I should probably get 5 now that it's available.

One of the mistakes made by the company that bought out the Firm was not putting the original classics out on dvd right away. I don't know what they were thinking.
Old 11-23-13, 03:22 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanja View Post
Fitness Favorites is having the Classic Firm 6 pack for $89.
can you post a link? i was just over at FF.com and i didn't see that particular pack in the store section. i'm assuming it includes volumes 1-6 dvds.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-13, 04:07 PM  
Tanja

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
can you post a link? i was just over at FF.com and i didn't see that particular pack in the store section. i'm assuming it includes volumes 1-6 dvds.
If you order the 6 pack, the shopping cart is displaying the lower price.
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-13, 05:15 PM  
Candiceena

I'd like to chime in with some support for buying them!! That price is totally worth it considering they are normally $20/ea so for all six would be $120. The only thing that might get you is the shipping - is it free? If so - jump on that deal girl!!

And yeah...the FIRM Direct "classics" back is annoying trickery IMO.

Tags
bbs firms. firm six pack, classic firms, original firms