Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-13, 08:33 PM  
Tanja

Classic Firm 6 pack

Fitness Favorites is having the Classic Firm 6 pack for $89. I am sooo tempted.
I started out with the Firm almost twenty years ago and did them for 5 years religiously. I strayed but now after 15 years, I want to re-visit them. I have done Volume 3 and 6 over the years and still enjoyed them. I am currently doing a Maximum Cardio, Power Cardio, and Cardio Burn rotation.

Anna's AWT makes a lot of sense and it is a perfect way to exercise, -challenging the body without hurting the body.

My VCR/DVD combo is dying. After having PF earlier this year, I appreciate Anna's concept of exercise a lot more. Additionally, 6 DVDs take up a lot less space than 6 VHS.

Would you spend $ 90 for the 'old times sake'?
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-13, 09:05 PM  
suegy3

If you're going to use them, go for it! I paid $50 for one vhs and it was totally worth it because I used them.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-13, 06:52 AM  
PhyllisG

I am on the fence about this also. I did them so many times I am not sure I can do them again. But I definitely got some of the best results with the original Firms. Sometimes I feel like throwing the whole thing up and doing the Firm 90 day rotation which I still have.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-13, 07:48 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I am on the fence about this also. I did them so many times I am not sure I can do them again. But I definitely got some of the best results with the original Firms.
Exactly. I still own all the original VHS and I almost wore them out - I did these that often! I too, got the best results when used original Firms exclusively, and regularly back in the day. But there is so much fresh, new material out there now, that I am not really tempted to buy these again on DVDS. Been there, done that. That's just my opinion.
Old 11-23-13, 07:54 AM  
Jeanne Marie

I still have my VHS, as well as DVD copies.... and I still do them.

I never quit doing older workouts because I know they work. If I didn't already have the 6 Classics on DVD, I would totally spend $90 to get them.

If you know you liked them, and you know they worked for you, why not? I've never understood why people talk about getting some of the best results they ever had with the Classics and then say they won't do them again because they are "old". But then again, I'm a creature of habit. I don't change up what I'm doing very often. I have added in new instructors over the years, and do enjoy them, but I'll never quit doing what I know works well for me!

So, my opinion.... buy them!! (In fact, you inspired me... Volume 1 will be my workout today!)
Old 11-23-13, 07:54 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Well I have them on DVD already and think $89 is a great price-- IF you will use them. I still do so they are worth it to me. But only you can decide.

Oh and don't go back to them solely for the ”results”, but because you'll actually enjoy doing them.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-13, 08:19 AM  
topfitmama

Here's a 5 classic DVD pack for $30 and free shipping.

http://www.firmdirect.com/firm/p/The...wsltr_20131122

I posted it in the Bargains section too.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-13, 08:31 AM  
Jeanne Marie

I'm curious... which ones are considered "The Classics"? I always thought it was Volumes 1 through 6. I guess I was mistaken, as they are calling some of the other ones Classics at Firm Direct. Hmmm...

That is a great deal for $30, but I just don't consider those "the Classics". Maybe it's just me though.
Old 11-23-13, 09:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I always considered Vols 1 to 6 the Classics also.

Keep in mind, the DVDs offered by firm direct are the Good Times unchaptered versions. The ones offered on Fitness Favorites are the well-done chaptered versions. I know that doesn't matter so some people, but unchaptered DVDs are a deal breaker for me.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-13, 09:14 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I always considered Vols 1 to 6 the Classics also.

Keep in mind, the DVDs offered by firm direct are the Good Times unchaptered versions. The ones offered on Fitness Favorites are the well-done chaptered versions. I know that doesn't matter so some people, but unchaptered DVDs are a deal breaker for me.
Firm Volumes 1-6 are the classics I always thought too.

Unchaptered DVDs are now a deal breaker for me too, they never used to be but things change I guess. Shorter premixes are nice to have as well.

To the OP, $90 is a good deal for all 6 classics, if you will get use out of them. So if you think you will, go for it.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbs firms. firm six pack, classic firms, original firms