Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-25-15, 11:50 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
And the renames are never as good as the original names. Sculpted Buns, Hips & Thighs is one of the worst ones, because the workout is half abs.
So true. A long time ago someone on this forum suggested they rename it "Sculpted Buns, Hips and Thighs, and Abs and Abs and Abs..."
Old 01-25-15, 12:28 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer R View Post
And then there was Lie Down and Work Out!
Really? I don't remember that one at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Floor Legs was the first Firm I ever bought! I got the VHS at Musicland back in 1996, hard to believe that was so long ago! I think after that I bought Volume 1 and Standing Legs.

Lying Legs made me laugh though!
The sad part is I was struggling to remember whether the proper grammar would be 'Lying Legs' or 'Laying Legs'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leftlimbs View Post
How much does Fitness Favorites charge for shipping? They don't seem to say under their Order FAQ page, except to say there's an additional charge of $6 to Canada and UK. It looks like I have to give my info first in the ordering process before knowing what shipping would cost me, and I'd rather not do that.

I'm not certain I'll place an order, but I'm considering it. Can anyone let me know what the shipping cost is? Thanks!
I placed two large orders during the last sale. The shipping charge on the first was $6, and on the second it was $18. Each order had 7 items. I wasn't sure why the difference, but thought the shipping was reasonable either way. I'm in Canada.

(I really wish sites would post shipping charges or have a shipping calculator too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
So true. A long time ago someone on this forum suggested they rename it "Sculpted Buns, Hips and Thighs, and Abs and Abs and Abs..."
LOL!

I am debating replacing all of my classic Firms while Fitness Favorites is having a sale. I have converted them from VHS to DVD myself, but the quality is lacking. I'm also trying to get rid of clutter though, so I'm in a quandary.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-15, 12:42 PM  
4leftlimbs

Thanks, mtngoat! Hmm, sounds like they might have forgotten to charge you the extra $6 in the first order, so they tacked it onto your second order (regular $6 + $6 Canada add'l + $6 Canada add'l).
4leftlimbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-15, 12:48 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leftlimbs View Post
Thanks, mtngoat! Hmm, sounds like they might have forgotten to charge you the extra $6 in the first order, so they tacked it onto your second order (regular $6 + $6 Canada add'l + $6 Canada add'l).
Maybe. I certainly don't want to short Fitness Favorites, so I hope it was correct overall. (eta: I looked more closely at my orders: the $6 charge was 4 DVDs and 3 CDs, the $18 charge was 7 DVDs, so the orders weren't identical.)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"

Last edited by mtngoat; 01-25-15 at 01:19 PM. Reason: addition
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-15, 01:25 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer R View Post
And then there was Lie Down and Work Out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
Really? I don't remember that one at all!
That was the original name of Sculpted Buns, Hips, & Thighs.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-15, 09:01 PM  
cdayley

I thought there was one called "Lie Down and Work Out" but then I wondered if I just imagined that title

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-15, 11:09 PM  
4leftlimbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
Maybe. I certainly don't want to short Fitness Favorites, so I hope it was correct overall. (eta: I looked more closely at my orders: the $6 charge was 4 DVDs and 3 CDs, the $18 charge was 7 DVDs, so the orders weren't identical.)
I wonder if FF perhaps doesn't make a distinction between DVDs and CDs when charging shipping... Since they mention "All Canadian and UK orders will be charged an additional $6.00," I would think the shipping for your first order would be over $6, regardless of what's in your order. That's why I was thinking that they might've forgotten to charge you the 1st time around.

Okay, I'm done with thinking about their shipping policy. It's too time consuming.
4leftlimbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-15, 08:22 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Ok, I'm late to the classic Firm love fest but am quite intrigued lately with all those threads here! I love the other Firm workouts BBS series & pinks, so I'll look into some of the classics.

Just curious, is the deal on Fitness Favorites still going? I tried putting one DVD into the cart and the price remained the same!?..

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-15, 09:20 PM  
JulieIL

Val, I think the packs are on sale for half off, not the individual DVDs. I bought the 6 classic pack for $50.59 including shipping. The single DVDs I added didn't come up discounted.

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-15, 09:24 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Gotcha, thanks, Julie! I'll have to check out the packs then, *twist my arm*!

ETA: Ok, I caved and got the Classics & Parts collection pack! I'm super excited to get them!!!
Does anyone know how long it takes (Media Mail) to get them? I haven't gotten anything via Media Mail in quite some time and am spoiled by Amazon Prime

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic firms, firm classics