Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-14, 10:00 AM  
geojill

I see...thank you! I started my Firm journey with BSS1. I did a few of the others, did not like the pink Firms or the most recent, and have just recently reacquired a few because they gave great results and I am trying to get with the program, reestablish my workout habit, and get in better shape before my cruise at the end of April.

I haven't really done much in the way of weights for a long time, so I decided to revisit The Firm to help with motivation!
Old 02-24-14, 12:25 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Years ago I started out with the Firms from BSS1 and went on from there. I discovered the older Firms after that. I still love doing most of them to this day. I am not a big fan of the pink Firms but I do like most of the pink cardio workouts more than the strength workouts.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-14, 03:13 PM  
Melissa C

Very timely topic. eleven years ago I bought the BBS 1 (on video) with the two-piece Fanny Lifter and it did what the FIRM promised. Three of those workouts a week, plus four cardio (step 3 days a week and floor one day a week) kick-started something for me. I started watching my eating a lot closer that fall and got down to less than my pre-pregnancy weight.

In 2010, I tried CLX and completed that program a couple of times, along with Turbo Fire (I still love TF by the way), and last year did the same with Focus T25. While I truly LOVE these Beachbody workouts--they are SO much fun, I decided this weekend that they are not doing it for me anymore. The only days I feel like I'm challenged are the days that I combine the two Beta workouts Ripped Circuit and Speed 2.0.

I just turned 57 last week and the reality is I don't have time to spend on workouts that aren't challenging me or helping me improve. It really, really IS harder to maintain or keep from gaining weight right now. And while I am on this cranky, postmenopausal rant, I don't like workouts that don't work the whole body at once. There are weeks that I can only get to strength work twice (though I do shoot for three times) and I need the full enchilada when I do.

SO. . .I have FIRM 1 with Susan Harris and FIRM 6 with Jayne Poteet on order (I actually had FIRM 6 on video shortly before our VCR died). I am also pulling out my Cathe and Christi step DVDs again and making them the main cardio again. I will keep TurboFire and Extreme Cardio (from Hip Hop Abs--a bonus DVD) for those occasional days when I just need some fun, as well as the two Speed workouts from T25 Beta. The rest? Probably off to Good Will.
3:27:39 on November 4, 2017
3:13:13 on November 3, 2018
Indy 500 Festival Half Marathon:3:26:27 May 4, 2019
"What? Like it's HARD?"
"Exercise gives you endorphins and endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands. they just don't."-from"Legally Blonde"

Blog: melissacooper46.wordpress.com
Melissa C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic firms