Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-13, 03:46 PM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey View Post
Everything Cathe from LIS on seems to have done better things to my body. My legs don't get bigger, they get slimmer from these later workouts. I was a Firm Classics devote from early 1990 on, so I understand what you are saying, I think. I also do Tonique which someone described as Firm 4 limb on steroids. I did BTM from Tonique today and my legs and arms feel very worked but with 3 lb weights. It's very challenging. Jari Loves Get Revved is excellent and my legs and shoulders look great when I do it, toned, cut but not big. Did you try it? Also Doves workouts are similar to Firms. I have all 4 but I don't connect with her workouts for some reason. HTH
I have been reading so much about Tonique BTM. Think this one is going to have to go into my cart for my next order from Mary. Thank you!
Old 03-14-13, 03:48 PM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
Yes, I got good results from FIRM but I'm also burned out plus I have hardly any time to devote to a 65 minute workout these days.

I did Jessica Smith's Look Better Naked this morning and it definitely had a classic FIRM feel for me even though it was a total of 30 minutes (including warm up and cool down).

And I offer another vote for Tonique.
Time is a pretty big issue for me too. I've just resigned myself to the fact that sometimes I am going to have to break the workout into two segment and do part in the morning and the rest at night. Not nearly as satisfying as doing it all at once, but health benefits are supposed to be the same. It's just really hard to find a one hour block to workout with my 2 year old demanding my attention all the time. She can usually amuse herself for about 20-30 minutes but then she can't take it anymore and must climb on Mommy!
Old 03-14-13, 08:00 PM  
F1mom

Jennifer you're lucky. I can barely get 10 minutes in before someone needs something or I have to break up a melee between my 2 and 3 year olds.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 08:27 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
Oooo! That's good to hear! I hadn't tried any Cathe, and I heard good things about her new Low Impact HIIT, so I ordered it and it is due to arrive today! Now I feel much more justified in my order! Thank you!
I have that one, too...it's great! Glad to enable.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 10:15 PM  
SueT

Jennifer, I had the same experience you had when I tried TA Meta Hip for 5 weeks, except I got bigger and flabbier!

I've been doing JNL Fusion for almost 3 weeks now and I'm actually seeing some results. I'm actually shocked!

I was a Firm fan from 1990 through 2002 or so, and then I started to get into other workouts. Those kind of workouts, alternating weights with cardio, really seem to work for me. I think that's why JNL agrees with me, plus the workouts are so short. The longest workout is 36 minutes, and the rest of them are 30 minutes, with a very short ab workout that really isn't necessary because your abs are worked thoroughly in the regular workouts. I just love this set!

I also was getting good results from Cathe's LIS and X-Train as well as her Crossfire and To the Max. These workouts are just the right intensity, hard but not so hard I can't do them. I especially love Cardio Supersets, which I think is 45 minutes, and Athletic Training, which is 56 minutes, so these workouts are longer than JNL, but excellent.

I also think most Jari Love workouts would be excellent for you, any of the Extremely Ripped series since they're divided into 30-minute workouts.

I hope this helps!

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-13, 11:23 AM  
SquishyMommy

Thanks, Sue! Glad to know I'm not the only one TA didn't work well with. And I will definitely look into some Jari Love. I have never tried anything with her before so would be nice to try something completely new with a new instructor. Especially if they are 30 minutes!
Old 03-15-13, 11:25 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
Thanks, Sue! Glad to know I'm not the only one TA didn't work well with. And I will definitely look into some Jari Love. I have never tried anything with her before so would be nice to try something completely new with a new instructor. Especially if they are 30 minutes!
Jari's Get Ripped 1000 and Get Ripped to the Core also have Firm-like moves. So does her original Get Extremely Ripped, but that one has so many pulse squats that it's dread-inducing and not very fun (for me).

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic firms, firm workouts