Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-19-22, 05:40 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today was a MUCH better day. I felt pretty good all day, so I guess the lethargy was due to the booster. I had an in-person training session this morning. While I was gone, DH finished cleaning up the glass in the garage. This afternoon, I hung out at home, made some cards, and straightened the house some. It was a nice and relaxing day, enough that it seemed like a Saturday to me.

Anita - Are you looking forward to having your house back in June? To me, Adelija's year seemed to go by quickly, but I wasn't living with her.

Vantreesta - It's always good to see you when you drop in.

Paula - Congrats on DH finishing the round of immunotherapy. I'm sure you're both glad to have it done with for now. And I'm glad you had a better day, too.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 08:13 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 24 Met Con, a neighborhood walk with DH and ten minutes of stretching with Tamilee.

Had a nice day, DH went to the hangar to putz and I was able to sew all day without him underfoot. He's planning to go back tomorrow to finish his project and I'm planning to sew again. I'm anxious to get the baby quilt I'm making for my niece finished and mailed off to her. I haven't even got the quilt top finished yet. I'm taking my time and trying to get everything just right.

This round of immunotherapy treatment being over seems to have made us both a bit more relaxed. He doesn't have another check for cancer until July so we have a few weeks of freedom from medical stuff. Yay.

Anita, I didn't realize Adelija was leaving so soon. Like Laura said this year has gone quickly, but I'm not living it. I think we can all relate to having glass stuff break and shatter and make a mess. My last mess, a bottle with some liquid, I don't remember what, fell on its side in my car after I'd gone to the grocery store. I ran around doing errands with realizing the thing was leaking all over my car seat. That was a mess to clean up with several rounds of leather cleaner. Did you go biking?

Laura, glad you have a better day today, I suspect it was the booster shot. I know I was fatigued for a day after each of the shots. Sounds like we had the same kind of day, good for us.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 06:32 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Adelija spent the night at a Russian teacher's house with one of her friends, so no driving to her school this morning. I'll still be working at the WRC and bringing in some Gus things for the animals there, like bowls and a quilt. Otherwise planning on getting Adelija ready for prom #1 which is at her school and going to see the Downton Abbey movie tonight. Looks like that film is only being shown once, which I don't get - I'd think it would do better over at least a weekend of showings.

Laura, yeah, that lethargy is your reaction to the booster - I had it too, but it only lasted several hours. Yes, I'm looking forward to getting my house back and get back on the decluttering/clearing out process. Adelija arrived in August, so it was not a full year. It's weird to me not to allow her to graduate and she'll not try to finish up her school year here in Latvia. Her last day in school here will be next Friday, the 27th. I won't miss driving her around everywhere.

Paula, good luck finishing up your niece's baby quilt. Do you hand quilt or machine sew the quilt? So glad your DH gets to put his mind at rest for a while . I didn't go biking yesterday - walked one of our favorite parks because of all the deer in it, but I didn't see any deer yesterday. Today is another rainy day.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 06:31 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was HOT here today, high of 97; it broke the record set in 1936 or 1937. I went to the YMCA with Dad this morning and got a good exercise session in. Then, I came home and have spent time off and on cleaning up and getting ready for tomorrow. Mom's birthday is on Monday, but we're having them over tomorrow for her birthday lunch. I will pick up pizzas from Mom's favorite place and I'll make an ice cream cake this evening for dessert.

Anita - I want to see the Downton Abbey movie and hope it's on long enough for me to go see it. It's on all weekend and I hope it stays on until at least next weekend.

Paula - Congrats on getting in a good sewing day. It probably felt good. I got a big round of cards made recently, birthday and "regular"/everyday cards, and I really enjoyed it. I still have papers I made for backgrounds, so I'll go back to it after the celebration tomorrow.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-21-22, 08:14 AM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I spent the day sewing but by late afternoon I wasn’t feeling so great. Ended up in bed at 6pm. Stomach churning, nose running, joint aches, no appetite but no fever. It’s not COVID, I took the test, just the usual seasonal stomach flu or cold.

Anita, I piece and quilt by machine. I treated myself to a nice Janome Memory Craft sewing machine years ago and have never regretted it, worth every penny. Plus the new ones are hugely more expensive now.

Going back to bed now, I’ll check in when I can.
Old 05-21-22, 08:17 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Adelija skipped school yesterday - she took all day to prepare for the prom . She's got another one tonight - I hope the dress is unsoiled from yesterday. I must've been asleep when she got in, but glad she's here safely. I enjoyed the Downton Abbey movie - good continuation of the series. Their money spending trip was a house in the Riviera that grandma had inherited from an old beau. Frankly, I don't think more movies will be coming .

Today Adelija has another prom dance to go to with her boyfriend. It's a nice but cool day out there - frankly, I'll take wearing a jacket over stripping down from the heat like Laura's doing! I'll go take a walk today around the lake that I'm considering buying into on a senior coop on - it's about a three mile path. Otherwise planning on putzing around in the back yard pulling some weeds and overspreading plants.

Laura, sorry for that heat! I'd melt in that weather! Happy birthday to your mom!

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-22, 06:34 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was three degrees colder here today, 94 degrees instead of 97. And thunderstorms rolled in in the later afternoon and the temperature dropped into the 80s. Tomorrow is supposed to be the third, and last, hot day and then we'll be back in the 80s. Yay!

We had a nice birthday celebration for mom. I picked up the pizza and it was good. Then, we had ice cream cake. I hadn't made on in a long time and enjoyed it. It made a lot and they got to take some home. Mom really seemed to enjoy the meal. She turned 84.

We've seen more of Polly today throughout the day. She came in briefly three times this morning. We call them drive-by visits. She comes in, gets the petting she wants, snacks a little, and then leaves again. She also came in while Mom and Dad were here and ignored them. I think it as so hot that she was taking breaks from the heat. Then, she came back in during the first line of thunderstorms and again for the second set. Thunder scares her and she seemed be soothed by being inside with us. Since it's now evening, we'll keep her in for the night.

Anita - OK. That's a new one to me - taking all day to get ready for prom. At least she maximized her experience. That's good to hear about the movie. Why do you think there won't be any more movies? (Unless it's a spoiler...)

Paula - I'm so sorry you're sick. I hope you bounce back quickly. Thank goodness it isn't COVID.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-21-22, 09:26 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Still sick, I’ll try to check in tomorrow
Old 05-22-22, 12:09 AM  
Vantreesta

Hope you feel better soon, Paula!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote