Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-22, 08:50 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout for me today, DH needed my help on a project at the hangar so skipped my workout so we could get an early start on the project.

Anita, I am oh so sorry about Gus, I have tears in my eyes right now. Even my DH is sad, he's heard so many stories about Gus. This is a pain like no other. Hugs. I'm sure I speak for Laura as well as myself when I say she and I will help you however we can.

We saw the eclispe last night too but we almost didn't. DH got a text from his friend (retired but used to work in the space program). Bob said, if you want to see a full lunar eclispe go outside now - it's clear enough to see it. So we did. There were very few people outside looking up. We met one other guy out there with his dog watching the eclispe the rest were clueless - it was neat. Sorry you are feeling left out with Adelija's dress - did you ask to be in on it? Maybe she thinks you wouldn't be interested because you're an outdoorsy person?

Laura, glad you got some rest yesterday and were back in the groove today. The laid back busyish days are the best - aren't they.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 07:14 AM  
Vantreesta

Thinking of you, Anita. (((Hugs)))
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 07:23 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm still sad about Gus, but am packing up all the dog things in my house and yard - some I'll take to the WRC for food containers, some will keep, and some will get tossed. I've got lots of extra space in my office area now without his kennel or the big plant that's outside for the summer. I do feel that putting him down was the right thing to do. Adelija was with me at the clinic when it happened.

Today I'll be grocery shopping, and stopping by a Kohl's to pick up a new bedsheet - another one has a hole in it now! I might stop by a garden center to pick up some topsoil and mulch to fill in Gus's holes in the back yard that he dug for coolness in the summer.

Thank you everyone that dropped in to wish me well dealing with Gus's death.

Laura, Adelija's dress fits her perfectly and she'll do well for the proms this weekend. It's pretty foreign to me to go to high school dances (never did any ), so Adelija getting help from other prom graduates is probably the best use of her time.

Paula, I did go outside and look at the eclipse Sunday night - took some pictures with my iPod, but frankly they are black with a little slightly paler spot, but no details - luckily professionals took some pictures of the eclipse! I didn't think it was enough to wake Adelija up to go see it.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 07:59 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today went by really fast. I met with a client in-person and we did more fun stuff than Excel formulas and functions. In the early afternoon, I took DH to an appointment at his GP. While there, we both got our second booster shot. On the way home, we voted in the NC primary. Everyone I've talked to has agreed on one thing on the political front. We're looking forward to NO political ads tomorrow!

Anita - It's good you are at peace with the decision you made and that Adelija could be with you. Yeah, I understand about the prom because I never went to one either. Plus, fashion has so changed since we were in school.

Paula - Yeah, those lazy busyish days are good. This week is busy, but not crazed like last week. It's good you have the flexibility to be able to go with your DH when he has projects at the hangar. And when he wants to fly somewhere.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 08:28 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 22 Push (strength) followed by Yoga with Tim Full Body Yin.

Frustrating day. Tuesday is usually a do whatever I want day - DH meets a friend for lunch and I have the day to shop or sew or do whatever I want. Well today got consumed with dealing with errands, many of which were frustrating, and I never got to do what I wanted, which was to work on my latest quilt.

Anita, I've been thinking of you, and Gus, on and off all day - I'm still sad too. Maybe that's why I got so angry with the bureaucracies I had to deal with today. Glad Adelija came through for you when the chips were down. Knowing that it was the right thing to do must help. I haven't seen any of the professional pictures of the eclispe - we didn't think to take any but like you without a really high end camera I doubt they would have looked like much. Glad the dress turned out well for Adelija, she's braver than I to order online on short notice. I never went to a prom either. I can only recall going to one ;high school dance - it wasn't really my thing, or my friends either. We went to parties at each other's homes, just the small group I hung out with. I don't recall that we dressed up much except at Christmas. Someone always had a party near Christmas and I remember making party dresses for those. I think the parents liked the home parties because they knew where we were, who we were with, and what we were doing. We didn't care about drinking or taking drugs or if the parents were home, we just wanted to dance and eat junk food and generally be nerds together.

Laura, we voted in the primary yesterday, California does mail in voting. We're not getting a lot of ads on TV but there are street signs every where. I'll be glad when they take those down. I'm glad your training business is doing well. Hopefully, it's bringing in some intellectual challenges and some extra cash as well.
Old 05-18-22, 08:10 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It'll be a showery day today. I'm not sure if I'll go out to a park for a walk or not - it's something I should start up again - maybe I'll do parks that I didn't do with Gus. Oooooh! I have a bike that's fixed this spring and I haven't been on in years - might be a good activity to start again. I do have an appointment with my eye doctor this afternoon - might swing by Trader Joe's on my way home. Yesterday I did fill the holes under the bush Gus liked to dig and nap in. It's still weird not to have him around all the time - I think I see him out of the corner of my eye. The vet sent me a nice bunch of flowers in memory of Gus.

Laura, I got my second booster about a week ago - no signs the first day, but the afternoon of the second day felt like I was sick - very tired, sore, headache... Hope you're either prepared or it doesn't happen wth you. It only lasted till evening that day. I celebrate those days without political ads also!

Paula, I like the idea of your home parties! We did some of those also in high school - and still sometimes as we still get together . The opera last Saturday is an event like that nowadays. We didn't have a primary in MN, but I think the ads were for WI... not fun. Glad they are now gone!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 05-18-22, 08:59 AM  
Vantreesta

Anita, it does help so much to know you did the right thing by Gus, doesn't it? When the time has come in the past for my dogs I try to remind myself that God allowed me to be responsible for them and sometimes the choices that are best for them are not easy and require letting go. I'm glad Adelija could be with you to say goodbye. Getting your bike out sounds like a great idea. After I lost my first dog I just couldn't bear to go for walks alone. That's when I got my treadmill. It sounds like you are good at staying busy and productive so I'm sure that will help. When does Adelija go back home?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 07:29 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I felt a little lethargic today - and I slept really well last night, so I assume that might be due to the booster? Other than that, there's been no sign of issues for either DH or me.

Paula and I had very similar days in terms of tone - FRUSTRATING! I went to the gym and saw Dad there. That was fine. Then, I went to Publix to pick up some stuff we needed and the free bar cake they offered me for my birthday. I was so disappointed when all they had was carrot cake and red velvet, both tastes I never acquired. When I got home, I was carrying three bags in. The one with three glass jars in it developed a hole in the bottom and one of the dill pickle stackers crashed to the ground. It didn't just break - one side of it shattered. I spent so much time mopping up pickle juice, picking up the pickle slices, and trying to pick up all the glass. It was in the garage under and behind my car and some was on the driveway between my car. I mainly was concerned about Polly getting glass in her paw when she was out in the driveway. I asked DH to go behind me and get what I didn't pick up and he found a whole new patch of it further under my car. We'll get that tomorrow. The driveway is clear of glass and Polly never goes in the garage, so that's not a problem. Then, we inhaled lunch and went to DH's PT appointment and I went to the chiropractor. That was good since my back was KILLING me at that point. The adjustments he made really helped and my back is better. We got home and our Internet service was down. It finally came back about 6:00 this evening.

I'm hoping tomorrow is calmer!

Anita - You've mentioned biking before and I think at least trying it is a great idea. Thank goodness we haven't had any reactions to the booster yet. It was a full dose and I was afraid we'd be down for the count.

Paula - I hope you have a better day tomorrow! I didn't get to my card making either, although I'm thinking about it when I finish on the computer. I've been busier than I want to be long-term with my business recently, but it's calming down and the busyness was a short-term thing.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 08:10 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 23 Stretch followed by some Yin Yoga with Travis Eliot.

Today was DH's last day of immunotherapy, it went well and we're both glad it's over - at least for awhile.

I did get one of the frustrating things I was dealing with yesterday worked out today, so that's good.

Anita, I think bike riding rather than walking in the parks where you used to go with Gus is an excellent idea. There are lots of exercise videos on YouTube of varying intesities - you might enjoy getting back into chair yoga. It was so thoughtful of your vet to send you flowers in memory of Gus.

Vantreestra, nice to see you again.

Laura, Hope you had a better day today too. I can relate to the pickle jar story. We have porcelain tile in our kitchen. If any glass falls onto that tile it shatters into a zillion little shards that fly everywhere. It's a massive mess. Your mess being outside makes it better in some ways - not in the house - and worse in others - worried about pet paws and possible tire punctures. but a pain in the behind to clean up. Hopefully you'll find a Golilocks spot with your business.
Old 05-19-22, 07:46 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on maybe Carcassonne today, but otherwise putzing around - might take my bike to a park and try the paths. I did walk a path that I usually did with Gus yesterday. Adelija will be going to a teacher's house tonight for a Russian dinner and will stay the night.

Vantreesta, thanks for your good wishes concerning Gus. Adelija is returning to Latvia very early June 1. Her last day in school here will be May 27th. She's planning a going away party on May 30th.

Laura, yup your lethargy is likely due to the booster - I felt that deeply. Sorry about your glass breakage and mess with that - I've had stuff like glass soda bottles roll out of the cardboard container and out the back of my car and smash in the garage also. Not fun! Glad your internet is back. We've had enough tree damage on wires that the company has to turn off power or internet to the neighborhood to fix it.

Paula, on your DH's last day of treatment - hope all is well from now on! Glad you can check off frustrations .

Waves to all!

Anita