Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-22, 07:49 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Spring is nature’s way of saying ‘Let’s party! May 1

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 08:01 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks, Laura, for another wonderful title! I'm hoping to party one of these days!

I've got all the mulch distributed in my yard, but am ordering 4 more cubic yards for Monday . Today is supposed to be another rainy day, at least this morning. I'll be walking Gus and maybe washing off my porch cover on the driveway so it can dry for putting up this week! Otherwise hoping for a quiet day - Adelija had 3 friends over Saturday, then went out with them till about ten last night. I'm hoping today will be a quieter day. I'll be looking up the skylight people for a call next week.

Laura, appreciate having a need for Mother's Day cards - it's still weird for me not to have one to send . Sounds like you had a busy Saturday.

Paula, good idea hosing off the cushions - I had taken mine to a commercial laundromat for using a HUGE washer one year, but tried in my own washer the next time and got a seam ripped in the process . I'll be using a power washer with some detergent for the porch cover and might do the cushion at the same time. I've found rug shampoo works great in there!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 05-01-22, 12:30 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's a beautiful day outside today so far. It's supposed to cloud up and storm tonight, but the day is pretty good.

This morning, we went to church and I made the whipped cream for the French Silk Pie. This afternoon, I'll go over and share it with Mom and Dad.

I've enjoyed making cards. I made cards for both our mothers and, as Anita said, I'm really grateful for the needing them. I also made cards for DH's sister and one of our nieces that say something like, "You often feel like you fail, but in the eyes, hearts, and minds of your children you are Super Mom." They both have children with difficulties and often are discouraged about how they are doing as a mother. And I made a card that says, "9 our 10 kids get their awesomeness from their mother. True story." I'm thinking about sending that to my brother's wife. Why? Because I like sending mean cards to my brother! I also made some general cards out of scraps I've needed to use up.

Anita - I think this theme is one we use every spring at some point. I think you originally found it several years ago. Good luck finding someone good for the skylight. I hope you have a quiet and relaxed day. It sounds like you are due for one.

Paula - It's nice you have places close by when you want somewhere to go without a big trip.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 09:12 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 6 Cardio Tone followed by some stretching.

Today was grocery day and food prep for us. I ended up making a large pot of marinara sauce and a large pot of lentil soup to freeze. We're stocked up on those two for a while.

Anita thanks for getting us started. Laura thanks for another good title.

Anita, hope you had a quite day. I've never tried putting patio cushions in the washing machine, they wouldn't fit in my washer and I'm too lazy to go to a laundromat. A power washer seems like a good idea.

Laura, I agree with Anita, be so glad you need a Mother's Day card. My Mom was 92 when she died, she'd had a good run. I still miss her I probably always will. I like to send snarky cards to my brother too.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-22, 08:08 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It rained pretty much all day yesterday, so nothing got done outside - I really could use the rest day though. Today I'm expecting the mulch delivery. I'm not parked in my garage and have the tarp out waiting for the pile. Gus will get his walk! I might wash off the porch cover if the pile doesn't show up soon and spread that out to dry the next day or so. If the pile shows up soon, I'll begin spreading that also. Otherwise, more putzing around outside and inside - likely will do a grocery run also.

Laura, French Silk pie sounds delicious ! It's fun to smack brothers with cards .

Paula, you've been the busy cook! I've been looking for a replacement on the swing cushion, but unfortunately At Home doesn't seem to make that size any more . I'll have to check out other stores to see if I can get a replacement.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 05-02-22, 10:44 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This morning, I started the day out on the front porch brushing Polly. I emptied the brush five times before we finished. Then, I went to the YMCA with Dad and focused on strength today. This afternoon, I have a Zoom training session. I'll probably also try to get some laundry done and I may make some more cards.

Paula - It sounds like you are well stocked in the freezer now.

Anita - It's good you got a rest day. It sounds like you are ready for the mulch when it appears.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-02-22, 07:53 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yin Yoga with Travis Eliott and a neighborhood walk with DH.

DH went to the hangar to putz and I hung around home and got some cleaning done - a productive day.

Anita, a rest day from all that mulch spreading was probably a good thing. Dare I ask whether the skylight leaked in all the rain? Have you checked a online for the cushion? I think Crate and Barrel and places like that might have them. Also, as I said, the few times we've had things made and an upoholsry store the prices haven't been out of line. If you have a sewing machine you could tackle it yourself. I know my sister has made cushions but she approaches sewing differently than I, she's into tailoring and home decor - I can't sew any of that stuff. She's made backpacts, I couldn't do that. But if you have those skills, or had really good directions - there's probably a YouTube video on how to do it - you could give it a go.

Laura, is that a lot of hair for Polly to lose? Do you think the stress of the vet visit cause her to shred hair at a greater rate? I like strength workouts. One of the things I like about this series I've been doing is we have a heavy weights workout once a week, moderate weights once a week, and a walking with light weights once a week, so you have weights in your hands three days a week. I see and feel the difference this has made in my strength and muscle tone.
Old 05-03-22, 07:44 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and spreading more mulch - it came pretty early yesterday, so got a bed done yesterday. I'm not sure if I'll have enough to finish the job or not! I've got to figure out what's happening downstairs - I'm seeing a puddle in the carpet likely from the downstairs shower . Can't tell if it's a leak in fresh water, drainage problem leaking, or a caulk problem between the tiles. Not seeing anything in the living room area which has a wooden floor or in the concrete furnace room area that's next to the shower or in the bathroom itself. Argh! Adelija's not aware of anything unusual down there with the shower.

Laura, looks like Polly has decided the summer coat is coming in and time to shed her winter coat. How remotely are you doing your Zoom training? Same city, same state? Same country? I enjoy our card games with people in Chile , although she's back in Milwaukee helping her mom move.

Paula, I had a few drops leak Sunday, but not much - takes a pretty strong downpour, but still a leak is a leak and a pain in the butt. I don't have a sewing machine - haven't sewn since sewing class in junior high . I do have a friend that sews, but I'd rather look for a prepared cushion -thanks for mentioning C&B - I'll look to see if they have my size cushion. Nice that you're seeing results with your exercise program! I'm just sore and gimpy after mulch spreading...

Waves to all!

Anita

Later in the day, I took another look at the shadow I thought was water coming from the shower - luckily it's just the shadow of a huge orchid leaf in that room. i had it in a different location with the light so the shadow there was new. I'm soooooooo glad I'm not dealing with a leak and haven't called a professional yet on that issue ,
Old 05-03-22, 06:23 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This morning, I had an in-person training session and then I did a pick-up at Walmart. This afternoon, I hung out with DH and Polly. We had thunderstorms rolls in and Polly, who was already inside, was scared by the thunder, so I got her to sit in DH's lap for a while. The woman who has been trying to submit her dissertation had another problem, so I met with her for a few minutes in the early evening. We're hoping what we did today will be accepted.

Anita - It's great that you didn't have any leakage. Does that mean that it's fixed or you just got lucky? I've had 3 people from this metro area find me and two of them were close to me and I met in person with them. The third was in Durham, 40 miles away, and I met with them remotely. Most of the people I train aren't in this area though. I've trained people from all over the U.S. It's fun translating times in the Pacific time zone.

Paula - I think Polly is just shedding her winter coat for the spring/summer version. Last fall, I saw the opposite where I wasn't getting anything out of her because her winter coat was coming in.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-03-22, 08:39 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 8 - Push (strength) followed by Yoga with Tim Morning Stretch.

Lazy day, DH went to lunch with a friend and I went shopping - didn't find anything but enjoyed just browsing.

Anita, so glad your leak turned out to be just a shadow - whew! Spreading mulch counts as a workkout for sure.

Laura, I should have guessed Polly was just losing her winter coat - Anita knew right away. Nice that she has your DH's lap as a comfort blanket. Disserations can be tricky, I don't blame that women for needing lots of assistance.