Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-03-22, 08:41 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
Yay!, Vannie. For now I'm not planning on any running this summer, but who knows? The trails may end up calling.
Thanks!

Well, hiking is always an excellent option if you decide not to run!

I finished yesterday and I felt like texting everyone I know just to say "I love running!"
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 11:11 AM  
buffmama

That's a great feeling Vannie - glad you had some time in your happy place. The jury is still out on my seasonal running. So far nothing organized is calling my name. But give me a sunny day and I just might lace up my sneakers to have an excuse to be outside.
Old 05-07-22, 07:35 AM  
SandyO

Week 4 of IRON Series done. I liked this week even more than the first three. I'm getting STRONG! Or I tell myself I am.

Day 19 total body was my favorite total body so far. Enjoy, buff.
Old 05-07-22, 07:46 AM  
buffmama

I think I have that one one tap for tomorrow Sandy.

I'm trying to figure out which of Cee's plans to do next -- push, pull, legs (legs only 1x week), FB (how do I incorporate Daniel + Carolyn?), another 4 week program that is 40ish min (longer pilates on other days?). No hint from her on what's coming next, so I commented to see if I could get a crumb.
Old 05-08-22, 07:49 AM  
buffmama

Happy Mother's Day everyone!
Old 05-08-22, 12:19 PM  
Vantreesta

Happy Mother's Day!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-10-22, 11:53 AM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I did wk5 day1 of the 10k trainer. I stupidly waited till after 4 PM when the real feel was 88 and the wind was still 25 mph. It was rough but I finished. Also did some yoga afterwards and later PT.

Saturday we spent about 4 hours at the Nebraska Ren Fest. It was a great day and the weather was pretty much perfect. We had planned to go to the Des Moines one Sunday but the predicted rain made us just come on home.

Old 05-14-22, 08:01 AM  
buffmama

Iron Day 19 was perfect for today. I did weighted and banded glute bridges instead of the 1.5 RDLs. My favorite are her FB DB cardio. But the other FB in this series are solid.

I prefer FB Pilates workouts even if they have a focus. I need my rolling bridges and spinal movement in all directions. Kait's workouts are great but don't always have those.

I signed the fam up for a 4 miler that is along the water to the Verrazano bridge - an out and back. I'm going to be running like Phoebe from Friends- just glad to be there. . Also considering one in 2 weeks at a park on the water in Long Island. Since there is no price increase for that one as we get closer I'll keep on eye on the weather before committing. Like last year, I'll just revel in being part of the crowd that's out and running. We signed up for a CSA so that will knock out half the Sundays and I work Saturdays, so anything interesting that fits in will get considered.
Old 05-14-22, 05:12 PM  
SandyO

buff, I preferred Iron 19 over 24. Since Caroline used one set of weights for 24, I did as well, but since I did the shoulder workout yesterday, I had to go for 10 lb dumbbells. They were too light for a lot of the exercises, but as you say, the cardio effect was definitely there.

There is only one more week of IRON series for me. The last class is posted tomorrow, so many will be done then. I like being a week behind.

Enjoy your races.
Old 05-15-22, 06:00 AM  
Helen

argh- dropped off the wagon with Mother's Day + my birthday (59). One of my DDs paid a surprise visit for the whole weekend + Monday & really wanted to spent LOTS of time with me. Then the following week of work was just FULL ON.

DH has gone to the farm (Sat 14th) so I need to keep moving to stay busy & not fall into the schlumpy state that often befalls me.

Saturday 14th
Cathe - LITE - Cardio Supersets - Express Mix
45min dog walk

Sunday 15th
45min dog walk
Cathe - LIS - Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper
this was a virgin, so just matched weights. All good apart from just two spots, where dropped to a lower weight on the 2nd round. Many of the moves, however, noted to go heavier next time.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote