Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-23-22, 11:17 PM  
Vantreesta

Looks good, Helen! I haven't figured out how to prioritize so I always end up with too many goals!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-22, 09:31 PM  
Helen

It begins tomorrow!!

Well - it's TODAY now.

ETA
Day 1
HITS: food log, bedtime read, gym, sewing, gardening, steps, 2 dog walks, weigh less
MISS: rise, bedtime, meditate, late eating
Ok (as not daily): C25k, weekly weight drop 0.7, monthly weight drop 3.0
Day 2
HITS: rise, weight less, food log, steps, gym, meditate
MISS: sew, garden,
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-22, 07:01 AM  
Vantreesta

Good morning, all! I did not intend to skip working out on the first day of the month but I spent a lot of time this wknd on my organizing project, so that felt good. Saturday I actually found some motivation for some chores so spent the morning doing various things then all afternoon on my project. Yesterday I finally got my pumpkin pancakes made. I haven't had them since before I went to Dad's! It may sound weird but my breakfast "ritual" is a big part of setting up my day right, and it just doesn't feel the same if I have any other breakfast. Yeah, that's probably a little weird.

Let's have a great May! Thanks for doing this with me, friends!

I think I'll try posting my chores again this month. Sometimes it seems to help when I tell what I'm supposed to do.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-02-22, 07:03 AM  
Vantreesta

Today's chores:

Get dog food & eggs DOG FOOR DONE TUESDAY
Clean bathrooms
Print May spreadsheets DONE

Only after all three things are done can I work on my project (I'm obsessive once I start!)

ETA: So yeah... didn't get stuff done and have done bits on the project.

Old 05-02-22, 07:27 AM  
Helen

Vannie - the 'Every Day in <month>' checkin know VERY well listing my chores means more are likely to get done. Just so you know you're not alone in that.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-22, 08:13 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Helen! I always feel weird when I do it but if it helps then it's worth it!

Old 05-02-22, 08:45 PM  
MathTeacher

Happy May! Let's do it!
Old 05-03-22, 08:37 AM  
Vantreesta

Finally got out there and did it yesterday! I made myself just start, and yoga is a good place for me to do that. My calf plyo warmup seemed to flip the "let's do this thing!" switch and I had a really good run. It was about 44 degrees so perfect for me.

Mon 5/2 137 minutes
5 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -5 Min Morning Yoga Full Body Stretch (DAY 1) 7 Day Morning Yoga Challenge, YT) 1st time
15 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -15 Min Morning Yoga Stretch (DAY 2) 7 Day Morning Yoga Challenge, YT) 1st time
13 minutes (from J Miller YTU QuickfixRx KneeHab -KneeHab 1)
5 minutes (from H. Estrada Aztec Athletics -5-Minute Calf Plyometric Workout for Runners, YT)
32 minutes (from 2.57 mi run for 10k trainer wk4 day3)
21 minutes (from CVG Murph Training day 1 The Prequel Stretch, YT) 1st time
46 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.08 mi)

Old 05-03-22, 08:54 AM  
Leonana

Not doing too much. A walk every once in awhile, when I have energy, and a short stretch or short yoga. I get a lot of stiffness and soreness now, so it helps a lot. I use Jessica Smith for stretching and Yoga with Bird for yoga.

I'm still low energy from mouth pain. I'm pretty sure I need a new mouth guard, as I got new crowns last week, and it no longer fits. But the TMJ doctor is out this week, so I have to wait three weeks. I made an appointment with a different office for a second opinion, and it's four months from now. This doctor must be really good! Her yelp reviews are 4.5 out of 5, compared to 2.5 of the place I'm going to now. But I'm hanging in there, I have a routine based on my energy, and I baby the sore spot to minimize pain. I'm also working on the mental health aspect, and doing better there also. I think I'll try online counseling. I believe deep down that this will all heal eventually, once I have no more dental work done, and a proper mouth guard. It's going to take a long time to heal. I probably won't mention it here again, because I like to think of other things. But I'll keep you updated if anything changes.

On a positive note, I'm eating much healthier. Which is surprising, since I have to eat soft or liquid foods. I'm getting a lot of use out of our blender and Ninja! I've lost about 15 pounds, although I'm sure I'll gain it back once I can eat again some day.

Vannie, thanks for the Yoga with Bird recommendation. Her short practices hit the spot.
Old 05-03-22, 10:36 PM  
Catahoula Cate

I made my April goals by 5 pts. Yay! I finally got my May goals up and the first three days posted. My good intentions of adding more goals got sidelined so I'm going with the usual. I'm not sure what I did( or maybe a few things) but I feel pretty locked up somewhere so I've been focusing on YTU balls and trying to figure it out. DH was pretty sick for the first 2 days of May too so it's been a chaotic start so far. He's doing better today thankfully. Vannie, pumpkin pancakes sound yummy!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote