Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-22, 12:26 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yes I remember Marianne (54sneakers), Colleen, & NaturalLove. I hope they are all doing well! Marianne was my first giftee in the Secret Santa exchange. The checkin has certainly been fluid over the years. I just looked on Kath’s election FB page. The results aren’t official yet, but it looks like she won!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 01:08 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I had forgotten about 54Sneakers - I think that was Marianne. And there was also NaturalLove, who dropped off after she had a baby...I'm sure I'm forgetting others, too.
NaturalLove was a great resource, it was nice having our own certified Pilates instructor. To this day I do not lift my head from the mat unless it's to do the crisscross. Her advice has saved me a lot of neck aches.

Pam - hurray for Kath!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 06:57 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~Jenny Ford MAA: Virginia
~Joint/fascia stretches & strength circuit day 1
~Long stretch & supported yin poses….hip, inner thigh, & QL focus

Further to missing former check in mates….JackieB & shelleyann who joined us when the homeschooling moms checkin ended. I keep in touch with Jackie, we message back & forth & sometimes do video chats.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 08:21 PM  
cyana

Quick mid-week wave to all. I'm supposed to be off next week, so I'm working really long hours yet again. (We really need that puking guy back!!!!! Pox on whoever it was who abused it so that WWWendy took it away!)

I was here before Paine, but not sure how many years I've been in the check in. It was already the Barefoot name when I started. I was here for a while, then had to back off for a while when my MIL (dementia) was living with us. What was it exactly that Kath said - something to the effect of "I don't need anyone journeying through my chakras" or something similar. I was definitely a VF Classic Quote! IIRC, I think Marianne used to start the Beauty Thread every year. I wonder how old Natural's Little Peanut is now and whether there are additional Little Peanuts in her household. They had the best photographer for wedding and Peanut pictures. Colleen had a really impressive streak of consecutive days of yoga going. I traded some videos with shelleyann. I wonder if T is still raising her cowfish? I haven't seen cherimac post in quite a long time - she used to be active on the Pilates check-in.

Paine - You were asking about booster shots. A link to this article came through in one of my on-line trade publications today and I thought I'd share in case you hadn't seen it: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...nds/ar-AAVUD0x

Must run - need to try to shut my brain off and prepare to hit the ground running tomorrow! Waves to ALL. I've been continuing the Cubii World Tour this week.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 08:40 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, glad you have another off week coming up!

That's right, NL had gorgeous wedding photos! And T also had a streak of yoga going - I think she still does yoga every day. I do think she still has the cowfish; check this out on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEc...TEUV7YK65Y9sEA

I hope Kath won her election!

Margot, I haven't met any of this group in person, although some of us did a video call last year around the holidays. I believe that Pat and Kath met for yoga (with maybe a few others). Years ago (2005?) I met up with some VFers here in Rochester for a yoga class. One was JaneC, who lives in Buffalo and used to be a regular on the yoga checkin, and another was Mopsy (Louise) from Syracuse, who is still around on VF.

Today I wound up pulling some Firm routines off YouTube. I did Firm Fat Burning with Alison, but the TIFTTing really annoyed me! I think with the Firm-style TIFTTing, they are so constantly adding own that I never feel comfortable in the moods. But I did like this abs routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BHlaWDvrKY&t=493s

ETA: we were just talking about the vagus nerve - here is a free instructional video with Tias Little:
https://www.yogauonline.com/yoga-pra...ge-vagus-nerve

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 09:20 PM  
JustSandra

Hi there!

The knees are noticeably improved today. They were very well-behaved at work.

Today's Workout: A combo of the Knee routine from Total Body Solution (Sandra version) plus the lower body work from Volume 1 of Margaret Richard's Beauty To the Bone. I added in a set of Doorknob Squats plus additional stretches on my own.

I agree with Yogapam that this check-in feels like home.

That's exciting news about Kath! I too remember the beautiful wedding photos that Natural Love shared with us.

Cyana: Glad you are getting more time off.

Margot: I'm looking forward to Jessica's new set, too, although now I'm thinking I might just get some of the DVDs -- we'll see what gets offered.
I've never met any of my Barefoot Buddies in person. However, well over a decade ago I contacted another VFer about a trade. When we saw we lived only a couple of miles from each other we decided to meet in person to exchange videos. Well, we've been meeting for coffee every Sunday ever since! It is really a treat to be able to chat in person with someone who shares our little obsession. We also informally trade workouts all the time, especially if one of us gets something new.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-22, 08:15 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! It's Friday Eve! Yesterday I accomplished:

~ Kassandra 30 Minute Reclined Yin
~ LWR Walk Fit Challenge W3D7
~ Beauty to the Bone workout 2-B
~ My own quick yin
~ 6,089 steps

The Lucy was a standing abs and a nice break from the walking. It was one of her first from the lockdown, when she filmed a series of quarantine workouts and gave lots of little pep talks. It reminded me of how grim and frightened we all felt then, and I remember doing some of those videos with tears running down my face. Things really have gotten better.

Sandra, we were Beauty to the Bone sisters. Workout 2-B is all standing lower body and it was tough!

Beth, I remember the cowfish and seahorse videos from T! She was Ana Caban's biggest fan, too. Funny what we remember about people. Thank you for the Tias Little link, that's gold!

Margot, I met Kath and Ooty twice, once at an Ana Forrest workshop and another at a Tilak Pyle workshop. I also met Gale when I flew to Phoenix for a training.

Cyana, I recall when your MIL was staying with you. Good luck getting through this week.

Pam you met JackieB, haven't you? Didn't you take an Essentrics training together?

Waves to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-22, 10:06 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Fitness Becomes You: Volume 1 Program C (Upper Body workout)
Volume 2 Program C (Lower Body workout)

Beth and Pam, that's right, I remember NaturalLove, Jackie and shelleyann posting here.

Beth, I didn't know T. had a Cowfishpro YouTube channel.
I don't like TIFTTing!

Cyana, thank you for the covid booster article.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-22, 08:17 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Knees are doing better every day.

Today's Workout: Sandra's version of the Knee routine from Total Body Solution, adding in a set of Doorknob Squats and extra stretches. My body said that's enough for today.

Pat58: I'll take another look at the Volume 2 lower body work in Beauty To the Bone -- thanks for the thought.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-22, 09:01 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Saw something about the vagus nerve again today!
https://www.yogauonline.com/yoga-ana...ivating-system

Tonight I did a tough shoulders routine from Caroline Girvan followed by a nice yin practice from Minderly on YouTube.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, vagus nerve