Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-30-22, 12:28 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Another beautiful day here, I just love hearing all the birds and having the windows and doors open. Yesterday featured:

~ GYM for 20/15/10 recumbent bike/treadmill/arc trainer
~ Bird Everyday Yoga Full Body Stretch
~ 3,475 steps

I had planned to begin Lucy's Summer Ready challenge but heard a new one is coming for May. That might appeal more, the April one requires the same cardio every day before the various toning workouts. Meh.

Pam, it all sounds wonderful! Wish you could have filmed those walks, like the kind people use while walking on their treadmills. It's good to hear you're getting some rest. What is the weather like?

Margot, how cute about your ducks. Very interesting workouts for you. It's good to hear your meridian work is helping you feel better. My thumb is rallying - down to a Bandaid and being careful of banging it on things.

Beth, that's too bad about your sister and nephew but it sounds like they haven't been hit too hard. The virus seems to be petering out with each new variant - fingers crossed. Good luck with your new boss.

Carolyn, I'll have to look for Kassandra's shorter element routines. I posted a compilation of those types of her classes in the GD.

Sandra, September sounds like a good time to retire. That's a month of new beginnings - starting a new grade in school, beginning of autumn, etc. Why not begin retirement?!

I hope Paine is on the mend. Hello to Cyana and anyone else who visits!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-22, 04:45 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, my sister and nephew will definitely have boosted antibodies, which is good, but no one is immune - my husband's nephew has had covid 3 times!

Pam, glad you are listening to what you need and giving yourself rest. I've been doing less intense workouts/more yoga this week.

Margot, sweet about the ducks joining the bunnies!

Pat, our weather has been beautiful too - just still a bit chilly.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-22, 07:30 PM  
cyana

Happy Week-end!

Today:
Lee Holden live World Qi Gong/Tai Chi Day practice

Met a new vendor today at the farmer's market - sheep's milk cheese. We purchased some feta (nice perky flavor), a halloumi style (the sample was still warm, OMG!), and chevre (DH's pick). They do farm tours, so maybe one day when I'm off we'll venture out for a visit. I love meeting my food in person. And I bought some cucumbers today, hooray.

Margot - DH is on NextDoor and showed me a post today where someone in our town had a bear wander across the driveway and was caught on security camera. It looked like a younger bear, but definitely was larger than a bunny or duck, LOL!

Paine - I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling better today. I keep a box of the Yogi Throat Coat or the Traditional Medicinals equivalent on hand and also some honey. We used to keep Thayer's throat lozenges on hand (slippery elm).

Pam - I'm glad you enjoyed spending time with your BFF. Is there a preview of the work-outs in Alice's special offer? I didn't see anything unless I overlooked it.

Pat - Your weather sounds delightful. Hope your hand is continuing to heal. I saw an osprey in the nest today!!!! https://ct.audubon.org/mas-west-river-osprey-cam

Beth - I'm sorry to hear that your family members were ill, but thankfully it sounds like nothing severe, which is consistent with the majority of the cases with the latest variants. I'm glad the first days with the new manager went well.

Carolyn - So do you plan to ride tomorrow for National Bike Day?

Sandra - I'm sorry the announcement about the upcoming management changes didn't contain good news, but at least it helps you in choosing a retirement date (the glass half full ). DH and I spoke with our financial advisor yesterday. I told DH it was almost amusing - it was like he was talking me off the ledge and encouraging me to start firming up a retirement date.

This evening, Leonid and Friends begin their new US tour in a suburb of Boston (Beverly) and they posted a new YT video today - "In the Stone" - an Earth, Wind & Fire song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZATpXJxc_Y I knew they'd recorded another song, so I was happy to see this one. Their tour is named "We Can Make It Happen - Unity Thru Music". I hope people will pick up on the rationale for picking this song, considering current events (Chicago song - Dialogue Part I & II). In somewhat related music news, Serge Tiagnyriadno, the Ukrainian former member of Leonid and Friends who had decided to leave the band before the war started, records a short snippet of a song every morning and posts it on-line. If you watch the linked video below, you'll see various days on the video (38, 39, etc.) - that's the day of the war the verse was recorded on. He and his sound engineer and fellow musician, Vlad, have released a recording of Queen and David Bowie's "Under Pressure" today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qeb8ts4Mj6c . They also recorded a one take fail - oops: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCKO1KgxwMk . Earlier this week, they released a video of American Pie that includes various fans from all over the world joining to sing the chorus. Several weeks he announced a challenge and invited people to send in their videos. For the record, I am NOT in this video, LOL! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIhJ56EogVs . I didn't realize American Pie was 50 years old last year - I feel really old!!!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-22, 08:15 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today was a cardio focused day:
~15 min gentle rebounding & 15 min on maxi glider
~BellyFit Springtime Ritual series: Sacred Hearth - This was nice, good music, 20 min, gentle. I’d call it a BF Sage workout as pace was slower.
~ETV: Alexa’s Live Cardio Stretch Workout #1 - Really enjoyed this one, plan to use her shoulder series in my next class.
~Another long stretch & supported yin poses, focus on hips, shoulders, & QL

Cyana - Unfortunately I don’t see any clips for the new BF series. Alice doesn’t seem to post clips very often, not sure why. I did get an email about it with a bit more info. Thanks for the music video links! Will you get to see Leonid & Friends on their tour? America Pie is 50 years old, yikes! I’m old too, lol!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-22, 08:18 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

Today's Workout: Sandra's Knee Rehab routine (based on Total Body Solution) plus various lower body exercises from Margaret Richard's Triple Threat. I tried shallow side squats off the high step topper on my own, and I did plie squats with Margaret (but kept mine unweighted).

Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments re retirement. I do still have periods where I feel cold feet, but mostly I am getting more and more excited about starting a new chapter in my life.

Margot: Here's an Amazon link to give you more information about Lost Empires:

https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Empires-...1367386&sr=8-2

I saw it on PBS many years ago, then later again on DVD.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 12:21 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I started a new thread for May:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232728

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, vagus nerve