Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-22, 04:56 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I guess I didn't refresh my screen and missed Cleda's post and Helen's latest before I posted.

Thank you, Helen! I did turn 70 on Friday! Since hubby was just coming out of quarantine, we canceled our plans. But, my kids picked up lunch and came down for an outdoor lunch on Friday. It was really nice.

Cleda - I did a Motown ride, but not sure if it was the same one. I grew up on Motown, so I love singing along! It's great that you clicked with your ride buddy! You just never know. Great ride, too!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-22, 06:29 PM  
Helen

Now that I know for certain ....

Sunday, 24th
30min, Cathe - Body Step for chrono
Should have looked at previous logs, as did it at the 6" that most of the crew had (Brenda was at 4", and Cedie was at 8"). I'd logged it at 8" once before and 10" twice before. Dammit.
Monday, 25th
51min, Cathe - Body Fusion for chrono
Quite chuffed with myself about it - DID look up previous notes (given yesterday), and had used 8" step before & 3kg handweights, with comment that could have gone heavier on a few exercises.
So... went with the 8", and used 3.5kg (8lb) weights throughout - in the video, they're on a 6", with only 3lb weights.
Tuesday, 26th
55min, Cathe - HIgh Step Circuit + S-Ball Abs for chrono
Wednesday
50min, (3km, 5mi) brisk walk with school
30min dog walk, leisurely

Back at work now, but DH is still home.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 09:48 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - You should be chuffed with yourself! Great job increasing the weights and step height! And thank you for the banner!
Cleda - I just signed hubby and I up for an intro to pickleball class. Thanks for the inspiration!

4/25 - dog walk
run in the park, the GPS didn't sync, so not sure of distance or pace. Having run the same general path before, I know it's at least 3 miles. And I'm quite pleased that I didn't need to walk any of it!

Coming back the next day to see I never posted this!
4/26 - gardening and mowing

Old 04-27-22, 04:57 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

As time gets away from me. (as it does for all of us). Maybe I'll type it, proofread it and actually post it! lol

Lili: Happy Birthday. I hope you enjoy Pickleball. Kay plays all the time and I was so happy when a friend wanted to learn last year (in August?) and picked me to learn to play with. She knows I'm all about endurance and wouldn't mind. (which of course, I didn't!) and it turns out? I play way more than she does. Make sure you have good shoes with lateral support. I hope you enjoy it. Your running is amazing.

Helen: I cringe at your step heights. But that's cuz (as I say every single time) since breaking my wrist, I'm still leary of the step. You're amazing also.

4/24/2022: 45 minutes MAX powerzone ride (eeeek - it was a tough one!) 30 mins. Sam Yo recovery ride, 2.5 hours of pickleball. (very windy, made for a very interesting game. Think wiffleball with wind! hahahahahahahaha I was actually sore in my upper body from hitting the ball with all my might!)

4/25/2022: 90 mins. power zone endurance ride. Done and in the bag. Moving right along (on schedule)

4/26/2022: Pretty tired, so did a 20 mins. row and that was it!

4/27/2022: 45 minute power zone ride
.** Lots of zones 4 & 3. Working on stretching our higher end of comfortable stage and into lactate threshold.

I am officially done with week 7 (has to be done by next Monday night) but since I"ll be away from my bike for 4 days and then probably fairly exhausted, I figured I better get them caught up and done. Then I only have the last week, which I can do on the actual scheduled week.

** I knew something was up because I got a gazillion high 5s. I did ride the day most of my other challenge riders would be riding, so it was more crowded than usual, but it took me 3 minutes (not exaggerating) to return all the high 5s. All through the beginning part of warm up. I knew it was something BIG (an award for me of some sort) and I was right. When I finished the ride - I got a badge for having taken my 1500 th ride!!! YAY me. Poor planning though, as I should have done it with a group or a favorite instructor or tried for getting a shout out, but I was ok with this. I got a shout out from Emma on my 1000th ride, only I have no clue what one it was.

Oh, oh and I forgot, I got a high 5 from Sam Yo during his class on Sunday. That made my day!!! I love when the instructors pop in and give me a high 5. That hasn't happened in a long time either. Next power zone challenge after this one?? June and it's only 6 weeks. I'm not even going to hesitate about signing up for this one.

Alrighty then. Off to stir my stew.
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 05:57 PM  
Helen

drive by as in the morning at work Thursday & have to dash off

Wednesday
50min 3km (5mi) brisk walk with school
30min leisurely dog walk, but SHE ran and ran and ran
85min, CIA 2405 Arth-Tavia - Creative Step Illusion + Cardio Moves

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-28-22, 06:42 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Good to see you guys getting it done! Great job!

4/27 - dog walk
Day 4 of Absolution
20 Min. Funk Walk w/ JJ

Old 04-28-22, 07:08 AM  
Helen

LILI
Loving that you're taking on a new thing (the pickleball) AND that it's with your DH. It hasn't reached the point of flourishing here - yet?

CLEDA
1500 rides!! You certainly get your money's worth from equipment.
Congratulations!

Thursday, 28th
62min, Cathe = Basic Step + Body Fusion - All Addons Mix (with w/u & stretch)
5kg weights & 13lb (~6kg) tubing.

I've had a decent month at last - one week in at work & have maintained momentum - that's because Cait is watching.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-29-22, 08:39 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - That was an impressive workout with Cathe. I'm glad that Cait watching is helping! We all need a nudge from time to time.
As far as Pickleball is concerned, it's just an intro class, and there is no telling if either one of us will love it. It's a start.

4/28 - dog walk, a lot of ups and downs and then time just got away from me.

Today is a new day!

Old 04-29-22, 06:56 PM  
Helen

Friday 29th
90min dog walk along the harbour foreshore after dark.

It's the weekend, & May on Sunday - shall do the >> new thread <<

Saturday 30th
32min, 10min Solution - Jennifer Gilardi - Dance it Off & Tone it Up - Sexy Slim Down + Upper Body Tone Up + Buns & Thighs Sculpt, recovery workout for buddy (had the flu)
55min leisurely paced dog walk dark & wet/slippery - caught a break in the rain
59min, Cathe - High Step Training which was hard. I paused a few times... to just stop & pet Alice (Noooo I wasn't looking for a reason to stop, I wasn't!)
8" step apart from the one with the super fast feet side to side (scary for knee so went 6" for that one)

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-30-22, 10:01 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Another stellar workout, Helen! Petting the dog is required during a workout, just ask Alice!

4/29 - dog walk
KCM's Weights, w/o 2
Jenny Ford's Walk Across America, Connecticut

I need to do more of these. I can't remember how long ago I bought this, but I've only done 7 out of 50 states.

Waves to Cleda!