Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-22, 04:41 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Every day doesn't have to be killer! You did a workout, and that's the important thing!

4/10 - dog walk
Mowing - first mow of the season and I decided to give it a try instead of a workout. Unfortunately, our mower, which is self-propelled, was not always working as it should, so I was pushing with all my might during parts of the mow. Then it would work as expected for a while, then go back to beast mode. I only finished half the lawn, but it was a workout!
4/11 - dog walk
30 Min. WHM Two for One Run.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-22, 07:32 PM  
Helen

Thanks LILI, for your wise & consoling words. I'm a little extra motivated and liable to push too hard. Speaking of pushing - your mower workout makes me grateful not to have any lawn.

Motivation:
• on holidays (this will be fleeting but an opportunity for a boost to momentum)
• have a wedding scheduled to attend in November with a family we only see every 5 years or so (vanity issues here for a medium-term goal)
• Denise is now 3kg (~7lb) below my weight & she's 2" taller (twisted sister issues - the competition factor is SO good)

TODAY (Tuesday)
DH will be home tonight but that means a FULL day ahead!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-22, 07:17 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Did it again!

I could have sworn I checked in. (Obviously? NOT).
So here I am. I have to do this quickly as the Peloton is calling me and I must get to it!

4/9/2022: Rowed 20 mins, 5 mins. Cool down Row, 45 mins. Power Zone ride with Matt (Zones 5 & 2), 45 mins. Power Zone Endurance ride with Denis, 5 mins. Cool down ride - Grateful Dead for the 77th time with Denis, Post ride stretch, 15 mins. mobility stretch (Hydrow)

4/10/2022: Rowed 20 minutes
(to Irish step dancing music! it was cute and fun!) 10 minutes cool down row, 45 minutes Power zone ride, 30 minutes Low impact ride with Sam yo, 5 mins. post ride stretch

4/11/2022: 30 mins. Bootcamp (legs) treadmill with Daniel, 5 mins. Core with Emma

4/12/2022: 60 mins. Power Zone ride (zones 4 & 3), post ride stretch(5 mins) then got outside for 17.5 miles after work.. It was delightful. Temp was 70 degrees and I got out of work at 3 p.m! YAY ME .......

That's it for now. Have to go hit the bike. More later. (I need to get in a 60 mins. ride and get off to work).

Cleda

PS ... I NEVER Posted this this morning. Im ust have gotten side tracked?!? Ooops .... now I can add to it...
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-22, 08:26 PM  
Helen

CLEDA
I get sidetracked ALL the time - it's because there are so many things to be done - mind moves onto the next before finishing what it's currently on. I even do it when writing on the board at school - start one word, but finish with the end of the next!

Anyway.... Tuesday was ALL housework. Didn't even walk Alice, due to a combination of that and more rain.

DH is home!

ETA
... and just as I hit 'submit' heard the sound more (pouring down!) rain. Sigh.... the washing will have to go in the drier, and walking Alice ? I'll have to be vigilant on the weather radar to even get a short one in.

Wednesday
28min, X-Train-Fit Max - Stretch
Thursday
52min, Cathe - Body Blast Series - Superssets for chrono
Finally got to it - honestly, I think there was a bit of dread (sure of it!) but I shouldn't have, matched weights throughout, some were tough but others noted to increase next time.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-14-22, 04:25 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I admire people who don't get sidetracked, but I also wonder what's wrong with them!

Good job with the Cathe, Helen!
Cleda, you've been getting in some long workouts!

Speaking of sidetracked, I started this an hour ago and I'm just now getting back to it.

4/12 - dog walk
KCM's Weights, w/o 1
4/13 - dog walk
I finished mowing. Hubby found out what was wrong with the mower, ordered parts to fix it, and I decided I better mow now, rather than later. I also did some heavy pruning, so a functional fitness day for me.

Old 04-15-22, 08:44 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Good to know!

At least I'm in good company with the getting sidetracked and all!

Going to check in before I get, well, SIDETRACKED.

Lili: I don't do outside mowing. I leave all that stuff to dh. (He loves to tinker). You get quite the workout. Will be interesting to see how nicely it goes/mows once it's got the parts replaced. You guys are so consistent with your dog walks. (Nope! Not getting a dog so I can do that. No, no, no. Our dog days are over.)

Helen: I love how you matched or did better on the weights. So many times we just dread workouts, which (in my case!) is silly. Just do it. And you did! I bet you're enjoying your vacation. Air just seems different when it's "vacation" air, doesn't it???

Speaking of which, I'm breathing in "weekend air" which is also very nice.

On to me, me and all me:

4/13/2022: LaneBreak Warm up and Lanebreak Country ride (not much - all told 20 minutes, but it counts and it flushed my legs out and I love Lanebreak on the Peloton.) So this was just a fun day.

4/14/2022: Speaking of DREAD factor ~ I refused to let myself get psyched out. 45 mins. Power Max ride (45 minutes - zones 5 & 6 eeeeek. ) and I did fine. It's done and out of the way for the week. Then did Ben's Cold Play cool down ride. (10 mins.) well, just the first song is coldplay, but still and a 5 minutes stretch

Still staying about 5 days ahead of the schedule on the power zone challenge and that's good. Right on (my) schedule, so I'm happy.

My Oura Ring has been telling me sleep is good, balance is good and my workouts are fine. With enough recovery. Hmmm. Interesting.

Today is cooler (in the 50s going up to the 60s) but I still want to get out and get some road miles. I am still having issues with my syncing my Garmin (which we know all about frustrating technology) I have a feeling I may be forced (if I so desire) much like Apple products - to buy a new "updated" version. This one does not have blue tooth (it is from 7+ years ago, probably the last model before they had bluetooth.) I remembered how (and you tubed and read up ) on how to sync it with my computer. and then to Strava (to get maps, stats, etc.) Problem is? The software install for garmin that I have to use fails every time. I've read the faq, did all they say and still it won't work. Booted up the old laptop and that's not much help (hated that laptop always and it's about the only thing I've used it for.) I'm going to try that method again. The computer itself works fine for when I'm outside, giving me heart rate, speed, distance, total distance, etc. . . . So the computer itself works, I just can't get my maps/routes, stats, etc. And you all know I love that stuff. But do I love it $400 to $500 worth? Probably not. At least not right now.

Anyway ... today ? I'm aiming for 20+ miles outside. That will be a slight increase over last time. I've done 16, 17.5 and now I want 20-25. We'll see. I am proud of myself for getting in the outside miles as I said I would. I have 4 weeks until the metric I"ve signed up! So I'm well on my way and feel confident it will be fun. And I will be ready (actually - probably am now, but more practice does NOT hurt). Technique is a little different outside on the bike vs. the Peloton.

Off I go! Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 04-15-22, 05:33 PM  
Helen

CLEDA
I'd definitely have dread about a 5-6 zone Power Max workout on a stat.bike. Having that done and out of the way feels even better than holiday air I'll bet! Hope the weather doesn't get TOO warm for the big ride.

LILI
Functional fitness definitely counts - but the mowing will be much easier next time when it pulls itself along.
Are you eyeing Jessica Smith's new set that was mentioned in GD? There's a video with brief snips.

Friday 15th
39min, Cathe - Body Blast - Timesaver - Workout 2 (Step, Hi/Lo, Back, & Core)
Made sure I got it in before going to pick up Cait from the airport. She's up for a few days for the Easter extra-long-weekend.

Saturday morning now & we're off to Sydney today to have a family catchup with Bridget. Need to pack & decide what to wear - have tickets for Sydney Opera House - Ballet.

Breathe in that weekend air!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-16-22, 07:46 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I hope you got your outdoor ride completed. It is so different than the spin bike, and you will definitely be ready for your metric!
Helen - Next time I mow it will definitely be easier! I rarely go to GD because I end up signing up for things I don't really like! Ellen Barrett is case in point. I did only pay for 1 month, so no big loss there. I may have to check out Jessica's new stuff, however, I really don't like her strength training. I'm not sure why, maybe too many compound moves?

4/14 - dog walk
Bodyfit by Amy, day 1 of her Absolution series. (I liked the workout, she includes a good warm-up and short stretch. I particularly like that she gives variations of each move. She does seem to gear towards pregnancy and post-partum modifications, but there are others as well.

4/15 - dog walk

I'm going through some personal stuff right now, along with the husband getting Covid. I may not have many workouts, even though I know they will help with stress and sleep. I will be fine. I just might not be checking in as often. I will be following along, cheering you both on!

Old 04-16-22, 11:03 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Breathing in that weekend air ....

Helen: I made sure NOT TO DWELL on the MAX part of the ride. It's so ridiculous. I have done them in the past and although they are challenging, definitely doable and I feel good (after!). I need them, so the challenges do force me to do them. I think the next two weeks are the toughest? and then the wind down for the last week. . . .

I don't mind riding in the warm weather. I have to bundle up for any temps below about 75 degrees. (I get cold on the bike.)

I actually got the GARMIN to sync with the old laptop. YAY .... It took a bit of doing, but I got the software downloaded and sunk it. Not sure I'm happy with the stats, but I have something to look at now (map, distance, mph, cadence). I really thought the Peloton would increase my cadence. It did not. I plod along and my cadence (according to the Garmin) was only 59. Which is super low. I know my happy place on the bike is 70 to 80 and that's up from 50- 60 when I first got the bike. I don't think it really matters, just took me by surprise. So, now I'm a happy camper. Next thing? I'll wear the heart rate monitor as I do my next ride. I have to go back and see if it recorded my hr from the second ride (I did not wear it on the third.)

In all things cycling: I just ordered a new Road ID. The one I had? The #s were wearing off, it listed our landline as the primary number. We got rid of our landline years ago. And the postal service changed our mailing city a few years ago. I had to update all that. I did> I have dh's cell along with a couple of other cell phone #s of people in (god forbid!) the case it's needed. I do, after all - ride alone and one can never be too careful.

BUT -- I also found out that one of the ladies from my pickleball group rides on weeknights with 4 other people and said she'd let me know when they are headed out and if I was around, I was welcome to join them. That could be fun. I'll see when/if it comes to fruition. (I still have that pesky thing called "work" so it won't always be able to happen.) grumble, grumble. Suppose I should retire -then it wouldn't be an issue.

Ok, Saturday morning ramble, must post the workout:

4/15/2022: 23 miles outside
(Goal achieved!) and then 2 hours of pickleball

Life is good. It was sunny (but only in the 60s) 60s is fine for short sleeves on the pickleball court, NOT for the bike. I had on my jersey, a long sleeve shirt and a wind breaker. I was comfortable. And it was windy.

That's it for now. ONWARD ....
Have a great day!
Waves to Lili and anyone lurking
Cleda

PS ... OH EM GEE ... I did again - wrote this early this a.m. and never posted. Went to Costco and here it is 5 hours later! good grief :: slaps forehead ::
Old 04-16-22, 11:05 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

See ... while I was gone

Lili checked in!!!

So sorry your dh has covid. It's on the uptick again. I know a lot of people who have it. Hope it's not a serious case and hope all your issues resolve themselves. Take care of you!!!! We'll be here.

Cleda