Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-29-22, 09:37 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Did our long run today. OMG ya’ll I haven’t seen weather like this in a while! It was very cold at about 35 degrees but we had 18 mph winds and up to 30mph wind gusts for wind chills in the low 20s. I have exercise induced asthma and even though I had used my inhalers I had trouble breathing in the cold dry air. I stopped after 9 miles, quickly drove home, hydrated and used my inhaler again and was able to do 6 more miles, still with mild trouble breathing. Thank goodness the wind is supposed to die down.

Jbliff I figured you did not get too much bad weather. My sister in SE North Carolina just got frost. I think they had hoped for a bit of snow. It sounds like that Nor’Easter just pounded New England. Wow.

Vannie hope you are having a good weekend.

Cher I saw that picture of you and your sister when you were little girls and you were both so cute!

Gibbee thinking of you.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-22, 08:51 AM  
JBliff

My workout Friday was Body Weight & Bands + core + 25 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was 35 minutes of yoga as I wanted to rest my hip.

Karjoy - Your run sounds miserable! You are amazing for doing so much running with your asthma. We ended up getting just a light dusting but it's been quite cold.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-22, 09:14 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Did a 4.5 mile recovery run today. Still very windy but a lot warmer so breathing was better. It got down to 19 degrees here and they said we have not been below 20 degrees in 10 years.

Unbelievable that New England got about 2 feet of snow.

Sadly I have not been back to Burn because covid cases here are still very high. I am doing bits on my own. The marathon is in just over a month and weight training is discouraged the last 2-3 weeks so it works out ok. Almost no one was masked at Target today. Ugh…

Jbliff what are your favorite backbending Yoga poses? I have been doing lots of cobra for low back and hip flexors. Do you have a favorite Yoga instructor?

Waves to Vannie, Cher and Gibbee.
Old 01-30-22, 09:39 PM  
Vantreesta

Hi, guys. Friday I did day 7 of the Human 2.0 movement and Lauren's squat challenges, Caroline's glute activation workout, a 10 min stepper workout, Aztec Athletics 5 Min upper back band workout and day 5 of Yoga With Bird 30 day challenge. Nothing yesterday or today. The weather has been really nice here this wknd. Our afternoon walk today was perfect at 20 degrees, no wind and partly cloudy.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-22, 09:56 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie I love your description of a 20 degree day being perfect for a walk! Let me tell you, Floridians are weenies when it come to the cold. I can say that because I am a native Floridian. You should have heard the squeaking and sqawking Saturday morning before our run!
Old 01-31-22, 09:58 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by karjoy View Post
Vannie I love your description of a 20 degree day being perfect for a walk! Let me tell you, Floridians are weenies when it come to the cold. I can say that because I am a native Floridian. You should have heard the squeaking and sqawking Saturday morning before our run!
Haha! Well, I hate it when it gets over 65 degrees so I couldn't function in Florida!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-22, 09:32 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie after about mid March 65 degree days are hard to come by!

Drive by: 5 mile run after work and still had a bit of daylight left. Nice!