Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-08-22, 06:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out to walk w/ my Golden at lunch time. And in the evening - after a very "Monday" type day - I did Essentrics Live Workout w/ Gail - which was an "A.M." routine even though I did it in the P.M.! It was a flowy standing routine followed by some barre strength and stretch. I really enjoyed it - Gail's cat made an appearance several times as well.

Today, so far I did another of Gail's A.M. routines, this one from last Monday. She said on Monday's she does a more active routine and Thursday is more slow paced. I guess they switch out instructors each month for the Live classes?

Anyway - I enjoyed it.

I may or may not get Jessica's workout in today - it is the toning walk w/ bands from the 30 Day set.

I think my success in following a rotation is to go at my own pace. I could have done Jessica's this morning, but I was more in the mood for Essentrics.

I also have an early vet appointment for my Golden this morning so I didn't have a ton of time.

Pam - it sounds like you are getting good use out of your TM!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 12:37 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did an iFIT walk today in Mexico (short warmup) as well as a walk in Nashville, TN and Dubrovnik, Croatia (which is the filming location of Kings Landing from Game of Thrones.) Pretty cool.

Donna, I like Gail (as an Essentrics teacher) and she's very good!

Have a good day!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 05:11 PM  
Leonana

Question

No workouts this week. Sunday I had a third tooth become painful. I guess I’m not getting a break with my teeth. This is an old crown on the other side of my mouth. It’s making it tricky to eat. I went to the store and stocked up on soups. The Tylenol and lack of sleep is wearing me out. I’m tired, I’ve been dealing with tooth pain for over two months. But I’m trying not to be overwhelmed. I have more old fillings and crowns, so I guess I’ll be dealing with this for awhile. So much for paying off debt. The joys of getting older!

I get my permanent crown on the second tooth tomorrow and they will check the other tooth. I’m grateful I’ve found a dentist that’s much quicker to get an appointment.
Old 02-08-22, 06:39 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Sherry,

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with the ongoing tooth pain and upcoming dental work. I hope you get some relief soon.

I've also not been sleeping well..at all. My Fitbit tells me each day that I have a "Fair" score probably because my "sleep goal" of getting eight hours of sleep is never achieved. I've been averaging about six hours a night, with the occasional seven.

I have some fun upcoming medical/health appointments scheduled for this month. Dread inducing stuff like a mammogram and colonoscopy, just to start the year out right. ;-)

Current Rotation:
Old 02-09-22, 12:31 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
Today I went back to Pahla B and did one of her new workouts for this month. Fingers crossed that I don't have any back issues.

I felt like I was short on time since I have to go in to work again tomorrow. I was there on Monday. It throws off my schedule having to get up earlier along with the commuting. And figuring out what to wear! Ugh! However, it is nice that I don't have to stay all day. Monday I came home around 2:30 and tomorrow I have a break in meetings at lunch time and will head home then.

Sherry, so sorry to hear that the tooth pain continues. It sounds exhausting but I'm glad you got an appointment so quickly!

Pam, the treadmill walks sound so entertaining! I guess it is a good sign that we can make medical appointments again, even if they are annoying.

Donna, hope all went well at the vet.

Good to see you all, have a good night!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-22, 09:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out to walk my Golden and I also did Ellen's Power 15 in the evening.

Today, so far:

Essentrics Live workout w/ Gail from 2/3 - this was an activation workout a little more slow paced than her Monday workouts. I think she is doing another one like this tomorrow.

Jessica Smith - 30 Day Set - Toning walk - this is the walk w/ the band.

I am really enjoying these Live Essentrics classes - I am actually considering a yearly subscription - even if I did these 3X a week it would be worth it.

Oh - my Golden's appointment was uneventful - just a fatty tumor. She has to have her teeth cleaned - so I have that scheduled for March. The Vet said she is in great shape, so that is good - she is going to be 10 in June! Hard to believe....

Sherry - Ugh - I'm sorry your teeth are giving you so many problems. Do you think they are just getting irritated from the dental work/procedures on the other teeth? I swear, sometimes when I go to the dentist I have some pain in my teeth that I didn't have before I saw them. Anyway, I just hope it settles down.....

Liz - I hope Pahla's workout is successful. I wonder if I could work them back into my routine provided I didn't do them every day? Going to the office - yuck. We were last in there in December. I am good with that.

Pam - glad you are getting so much use out of your TM! Ugh - those medical appointments.....

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-09-22, 09:14 AM  
donnamp

I forgot to share this playlist from Silver & Fit - all outdoor workouts - this may be a fun one to work through

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Y0Gujs4bvUQqzf
Old 02-09-22, 01:43 PM  
Leonana

I got my second permanent crown on the top right side, and the first crown on the bottom seems fine after the adjustment. So far, everything feels fine. Crossing my fingers!

I was feeling a lot of pain in the left bottom molar, worse pain than either tooth on the right side. I also had some aching on the top, but couldn't tell which tooth it came from. The dentist did x-rays and checked both crowns, but he couldn't find anything wrong. I also have no sensitivity or soreness. But I had taken an extra strength Tylenol, and the bottom tooth did throb when he had me bite down. So he replaced the bottom crown. After taking the crown off, he still didn't see anything wrong with it. But hopefully this fixed whatever was wrong.

It's possible that the crown was fine, but the nerve is damaged. Then I will need a root canal. If it doesn't get better in the next week, I'll know. But the assistant said the nerve looked fine, that everything looked fine. They didn't do anything to the top molar, I guess time will tell on that one too.

It is weird that they found nothing wrong, yet this tooth hurt worse than the first two. I wonder if I irritated the nerve because I've been chewing on that side for the past two months. I also grind my teeth, and it was sore one morning from that. Maybe the nerve just needed time to heal. But it was really painful on Monday, so I guess it's better to get a new crown just in case, so crossing my fingers that everything heals and I don't need further work. Hopefully, I won't have anymore boring teeth stories.

Although, by this point I'm not optimistic, lol. But at least I'm making progress! And this dentist is so much better than my last one. Since this office does only crowns and bridges, he's really experienced.
Old 02-09-22, 04:32 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

What I'm enjoying most about the iFIT workouts are the beautiful outdoor locations. One of the most recent challenges I completed was a four walk series for new iFIT members called something like "Intro to iFIT which gave me four different trainers to experience. This last one I did today was a "live" workout they did earlier in the year, so not actually live when I did it. The bummer is it's filmed inside in a studio...so not outdoors! But, it was good anyway.

Each day they have "live" workouts that I can choose to do at the different times they're offered, but I've never done them. So at least now I know what I can expect. The trainer can see who's doing their workout and will give a shout out to the various people participating. I can see this being fun if you have a favorite trainer and want to workout with them specifically.

The hottest or most popular trainer right now is Tommy Rivers Puzey, who's making a comeback this year, after being diagnosed with a rare form of Lymphoma in 2020. He was in the hospital for over seven months in a coma, but on life support. He lost 70 pounds of muscle and had to learn how to talk, walk and had some loss of memory, too. Everyone is excited that he's returned to do gentle walking programs for people who need that, and as recovery walks for himself, filmed last year in Mexico. He is one of the most positive, influential and motivational coaches. So I've been warming up with his workouts, before doing other walks. But, Tommy has an amazing story to tell and should write a book for all of his fans. His cultural walks that I've done in Portugal, Spain and Croatia have been wonderful and he has so much knowledge about the history and people of the regions he's in. I haven't done his intermediate or advanced workouts yet....but that's my goal by the end of the year!

Current Rotation:
Old 02-10-22, 03:38 AM  
lizh

Hi there
Today I did a fun relaxing SilverFit called Intermediate Flex and Balance. Perfect for a rest day or if you’re in the mood for balance work. The fun part is that it is filmed on a beautiful beach with waves crashing in the background and near the end of the routine a random dog comes up to the instructor. She is obviously amused/surprised by such an unusual development but keeps on going and eventually the dog takes off. It was so funny! And so surprising. Loved it!

Sherry, I hope everything settles down on the tooth front. I’m glad it is starting to feel better.

Donna, thanks for the silver fit outdoor playlist! I might work through them for a while. No ill effects from my Pahla workout -so far so good!

Pam, I was just exploring the iFit website. WOW! They have a ton of content! It sounds a little like Pelloton with the instructors and call outs during the live classes. That would be motivating for me! Makes me wish I had a treadmill.

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tablet