Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-22, 02:18 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Chest and Shoulders Supersets. It wasn't bad, alternating exercises for three sets before moving on. I was able to do all six sets of varying pushups on my toes. Non-scale victories!

Cynthia, it sure does take a while to regain strength after being sick. Hopefully it won't be too bad for you.

Diana, this has been a very nice January for Porto, I guess. Last year it was unusually rainy. This year it was almost always sunny, with highs going up to 60 or so many days and down to about 40 at night. Not too bad! But there is a dampness in the air and a wind that can make it colder.

Linda, I will look for the oil. I might also order some as DH is going back to get our things.

Lynn, hoping you don't lose power! It sounds like you are prepared. My friends where I grew up in the Northeast are really going through some snow now. But as long as they are prepared and their power doesn't go, it can be very calming, like you have no choice but to enjoy the stillness that thick white blanket brings. Also, I agree about the intensity issue. I see the same thing - "loved all those burpees!" "I did three other workouts in addition!" I think it is a mentality, like you said. I prefer moderate cardio, weights, and yoga/stretching mostly. Just a sort of zen balance. Maybe there are some human growth hormone gains from hard workouts; not sure. But maybe also stress hormones.
Old 01-31-22, 08:58 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, did you get my emails?

Check-in: Back Care Conditioning w/ Suzanne Deason. Very old Gaiam VHS, uses a big peanut-shaped air-filled ball, which is a one-trick pony but I keep it for this workout. Can help avoid a chiropractor visit & bill.

San Jose choir is rehearsing tonight via zoom, with tentative plans to resume live rehearsals next week. Our next concert will be The Brahms Requiem, which I've done several times: no learning curve.

Sometimes the Gabilan mountains, on the Salinas side of the county, will get a dusting of snow. Visible in the distance. I've never seen snow here by the sea. But I grew up in NJ and went to college in Rochester NY, so I know what snow is like. Fun when you're a kid, a lot of work when you're a grownup.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-22, 09:52 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: JS Strength Interval Walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-22, 09:54 PM  
Diana3271

Where did January go? http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...87#post2955287

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote