Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-06-22, 08:52 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - How Many Cookies Does It Take to Be Happy? So Far, It's NOT 27. Feb 7

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-22, 09:21 AM  
sciencelady

Server errors....
Old 02-06-22, 09:22 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Adelija is still sleeping in this morning - she went to a basketball game last night and came home late. She also left laundry in the washer and dryer that was her bed's sheets and blankets and bathroom towels and rugs. I finished those but since her bed was covered with her laundry didn't make her bed - she did that when she got home after ten last night (I hope! ). I'm planning on walking Gus and maybe going to the grocery store with Adelija. Just hoping for a nice quiet day!
Old 02-06-22, 12:36 PM  
sciencelady

Paula, Oy, that's a long wait for the iPad - I was lucky to get mine the same day at the Apple store. There was waiting for some of the new equipment, like their new phone, but I don't think iPads got a new revision. on your pomegranate jelly description and use - I'll need to keep an eye out for it in specialty shops. I'm not making it, of course !
Old 02-06-22, 12:37 PM  
sciencelady

Laura, Polly has a good communication skill. I did offer Adelija to go to a Van Gogh visual exhibit near the sushi place she's selected for dinner instead of the Y - at least her dress clothes wouldn't get damaged, wetted or wrinkled there. I know our 3M N-95 masks have a coding on them, but don't know how easily it's copied by imposters.
Old 02-06-22, 01:50 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started, Anita. If I remember correctly, the current list of themes went through Valentine's Day?

It has been a lazy day so far. We went to church virtually this morning. I continue putting things away that I used in making cards. And I did some art journaling. This afternoon, I'll try to get outside some given the bright sun.

I read a LOT of reviews on Amazon of different KN-95 masks and googled info on them. Most of the masks declared as fakes in reviews were missing the ID number. I assume that at some point that someone will put fake IDs on them.

Anita - Hope you had a calm day. What did Adelija think of going to the exhibit?

Paula - I bought DH's iPad before Christmas. I wonder if they didn't sell out for the holidays and then ran out of chips to make as many new ones? It's too bad it will be so long.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-22, 10:51 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B. Body Shaping Day 20 Walking with Weights and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Anita, Thanks for getting us started. I hope you got your nice quiet day with Adelija and Gus. Yeah, the long wait for the new ipad had DH unhappy and complaining until I let him put his naviation app on my ipad. He can use mine for doing flight planning until his new ipad comes. Mine doesn't have cellular data so he can't use it in the plane but he does much of his flight planning at home before we go so he can at least do that. If you get a chance to try promegranate jelly, do try it. I think you're right, a speciality market would be your best bet - or maybe on line.
Did Adelija want to go to the Van Gogh exhibit?

Laura, I've been buying our KN95's in local stores when I see them, perhaps I should be buying them on line. I haven't in the past because I was worried about fakes. Perhaps the Christmas rush is why it's so long to get a new ipad now. Or just the usual supply line problems as I think they are made overseas.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-22, 08:59 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Let's hope the server works with me today! Argh! I'm planning on walking Gus, running the vacuum cleaner around the house, and dusting - yes, I've had cleanup on my list of to do items for several days! Hopefully I'll be playing Spades tonight. Adelija will be bringing her boyfriend over for dinner. I think she's turned her mind off the sauna/hot tub combo for her birthday (2/11), but still wants the sushi place. I don't think she's interested in the Van Gogh exhibit. There's a Klimt exhibit coming to that place shortly - I hope to see that one also! I saw the Van Gogh exhibit a few days before Adelija got here last fall.

Laura, there are three more titles for February that you gave me:
Crone Cronies - All You Need Is Love. But a Little Chocolate Doesn't Hurt. Feb 14

Crone Cronies - You Can't Make Everyone Happy. You're Not a Jar of Nutella. Feb 21

Crone Cronies - No We Don't Have Wi-Fi. Talk to Each Other. Feb 28

Paula, my iPad doesn't have the cellular connection and I'm glad it doesn't - I though it would be like a phone, but it's not. I'm still trying to get my Quicken app working on it so I can use that when my big iMac finally dies.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 02-07-22, 10:27 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It is a chilly and rainy day here today. Polly keeps wanting to go out, so we open the door and she considers the cold air coming in and then walks away. It's supposed to be a blah day today, but will warm up later this week (with ).

I may have a training session later today. And I want to continue with my Christmas cards. I'm stamping verses/sentiments into the inside of the cards I've made so that I don't have to do it later. Other than that, I'll try to continue cleaning up the living area and putting things away.

Anita - Thanks for the reminder. I'll create some for March later in the month. It's probably good Adelija isn't interested in the spa idea anymore because I don't think it was going to happen with current restrictions.

Paula - It's nice of you to share your ipad. At least your DH can get his flight planning done. Yeah, I read a lot of reviews before I bought the ones I got because I was afraid of fakes as well.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-22, 09:25 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Foundations of Yin with Travis Eliot. It was a nice day so we flew to Catalina and hiked the airport loop trail and got lunch at the airport cafe. Going along with our theme for this week, DH bought a big cookie at the cafe and brought it home. He says it definately made him happy - chocolate chip with walnuts. So a really nice day.

Anita, glad your server seems to be working today. Cleaning is boring but makes you feel good when it's done. I think Adelija made the right decision and dropping the hot tub and spa idea for her birthday. The only reason DH needs cellular on his ipad is to get wifi in the plane. He doesn't need it unles we're on a longer trip. It's a really nice feature. So we only have celluar on the one ipad.

Laura, yup that's what pets do they want to sit in the doorway and debate whether they want to go out or not while cold air and rain is coming in the house. Sounds like both you and Anita are cleaning today - that's on my list for tomorrow.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote