Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-13-22, 08:40 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - All You Need Is Love. But a Little Chocolate Doesn't Hurt. Feb 13

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-22, 08:52 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today will be day 3 of Adelija's birthday parties - these are people that couldn't make it here yesterday - oy! I assume she'll be doing something with her boyfriend tomorrow also for Valentine's Day. She's a social butterfly... She is making these HER parties and paying for the food and beverages. I appreciate that!

I'm planning on walking Gus and cleaning up the house a bit after the parties. I'm hoping to catch up on a bit of TV also. We're still in the cold - -7F currently, but hopefully into double digits in the teens today. Tomorrow should be warmer!

Laura, sorry DH had a bad day - hope he feels better today. I could probably use a nap today also . I'm glad the new meds give you relief .

Paula, glad your sewing group is back again after taking a break for the holidays . So far my tire light is out - hope it stays hidden. There was one low tire when I went in to Midas.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 02-13-22, 05:15 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We've had a total rest day. I was supposed to have a training session but they flaked out. That's fine because it has been nice to have a do-nothing kind of day. It was a gray, dreary day here. Polly has spent most of in the house sleeping on DH's lap - a do-nothing day for her, too. I guess we all needed rest.

Anita - Thanks for getting us started. I hope there wasn't too much cleaning up after the parties to do. It's good that Adelija is paying for the parties.

Paula - It's great your group had a get-together. It sounds like you enjoyed it.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-22, 09:17 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 27 Walking with Weights a short Tamilee Stretch. Grocery day for us. Both Trader Joes and Ralphs were crowded, probably due to the game.

We're watching the game now the LA Rams are behind. We don't follow sports but we do usually watch the Super Bown and the World Series. Of course this year a CA team is playing so that makes watching the game more fun.

Anita, Thanks for getting us started. Adelija is certainly working this birthday thing - I admire that. I always say you can make a birthday last a whole week if you try - expecially any birthday that ends in 5 or 0. Also nice she's covering the parties. We're having a hot spell, it was 90 here today will get cooler later in the week but no lower than the 60's. Read it and weep.

Laura, I think we posted at the same time last night and I missed your post. Sorry your DH had a bad day yesterday. Hope he's feeling better today. Also hope your training session went well. What fun to see/talk with your brother and his family. My family tends to do group texts and it's usually dumb jokes and stuff like that.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-22, 08:34 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning! Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm planning on doing some shoveling (only about two inches fell last night), walking Gus, putzing around the house and playing Spades this evening - awww shucks, Spades got cancelled because of VD. I might hit the grocery store today. Adelija will be going out to dinner with her boyfriend. I'll text my brother and see how he's doing now in FL.

Laura, glad you enjoyed your do-nothing day . I think Adelija will need do-nothing time after four days in a row of parties! Yeah, I'm glad Adelija paid for most of the party stuff - still have lots of groceries to get this week!

Paula, I gotta say nothing was on our TVs for Super Bowl - we both watched what we wanted, which wasn't football. I'll probably watch some of the ads on FB when they repost them. Well Adelija's BD ended in an 8 - she's a legal adult now! I had mine in the dorms the first few days of university, but don't remember anything special going on. I did do a special BD for myself turning 60 when Adelija had just gotten here - party at the circus! 90s in CA in February is still too weird and HOT! I hope the seasons get back to more normal weather soon, but I kind of doubt that will happen .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 02-14-22, 07:30 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We had a nice Valentine's Day. We called it a "hanging out" day where we hung out together and exchanged cards and reminisced. We did get some stuff done - a load of laundry and washing dishes. After yesterday, we needed to get something done... DH felt pretty lousy again, so he took a nap this afternoon while I went to the library.

We watched parts of the Super Bowl last night. We watched other stuff and when we were done with those, we'd switch over to the game.

Paula - You must have been pleased when the Rams came back from behind to win. It would be neat to win the Super Bowl in your own stadium. I posted so late yesterday, I figured you must be on while I was.

Anita - I hope the snow shoveling wasn't too much. It sounds like there wasn't too much, but it would depend on how heavy it was.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 02-14-22, 09:57 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was a Yoga With Tim Stretch and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Anita, glad the many birthday parties are over and glad Adelija had a good time turning 18! I thought die hard football fans were in every state and watched the Super Bowl no matter what teams were playing. Hope the shoveling wasn't much and you were able to have a nice walk with Gus.

Laura, you guys did more for VDay than we did. We didn't even exchange cards - just said happy Valentines Day and kissed that was it. Of course our anniversary is later this month and we'll do something for that. Having V Day in the same month is a little like having a birthday in December. It gets diminished by the holidays.
Old 02-15-22, 08:56 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, then heading out to get my hair cut and stopping by Trader Joe's on my way home. Adelija is having a friend over after school again tonight - girl just can't live alone! The snow got shoveled and was very light - today the winds will likely blow it over the driveway again - at least the temps will be close to freezing. Yesterday my flat tire light went on again - I had gone into Midas to have that looked at Saturday and they reblew up my tires - they figured it was due to the cold. The light came back on yesterday and I took it back in - a nail was found in the tire. It's now patched and hopefully no more problems.

Laura, glad you and DH had a good Valentine's Day. I didn't watch any of the Super Bowl - I don't know if Adelija even knows about it. I figure the best ads will show up on FB or in some review with clips - that's the only part of the game I'm interested in.

Paula, Gus and I did have a good walk yesterday - trails had got about 90% plowed in the park I went to - I'm sure they finished plowing the rest yesterday. I didn't do anything for Valentine's Day - even Gus couldn't poop a heart shaped poop . But that's OK for me .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 02-15-22, 03:31 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Another pretty day with a little too much cold wind. DH had an appointment in Raleigh at 1:00, so our morning was spent getting ready for the day, dealing with Polly, and going. This afternoon, I'm doing some laundry, catching up on the computer, and putting away shipments we have received.

Anita - What???? Gus didn't give you a heart-shaped poop yesterday? Doesn't he still love you? It's good you got the tire taken care of. At least it didn't strand you somewhere.

Paula - So you minimize the holiday for your anniversary. Makes sense.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 02-15-22, 10:34 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 1 and some stretching with Karen Voight. So I'm beginning Round 16 of the Body Shaping series. Went to lunch today with friends. We usually go once a month but last month a couple of us were sick so it didn't happen. It felt good to catch up.

Anita, So sorry Gus didn't manage a heart shaped poop for you, but I think he loves you. Afterall you rescued him and you are the provider of hugs, treats, food, and walks. Are Adelija's friends from the same program? Are they people from her home? If so that may be why she wants them around so badly.

Laura, hope all went well with your DH's appointment. Sounds like you had a productive day. I keep planning to do that but I keep getting distracted. I need a day at home to get some cleaning and gardening done but it keeps taking a back seat to fun - as it should. I don't know that we plan to minimize Valentine's Day because of our anniversary but it just seems to happen.