Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-20-21, 12:01 PM  
Buzzer

Two rest days.. DONE!
STS Meso 1 workout 1 chest, delts and triceps... DONE!

I did the same workout I did last time. I loved it!! I went heavier, and since I knew what was going on, I was able to relax into it and focus. Hopefully I feel it more this time than last time!

Saturday I didn't feel like working out, so I cleaned my workout room instead. Sunday, we were going to church at 9, so I skipped my workout. I thought I'd get back to it, however LB had friends over and I baked so no go on the workouts.

So today I am back at it. I considered a Firm however STS called me so I went with it. I am glad I did! I am definitely a lifter at heart.

LB has had the strangest illness. Friday night she slept like crap,so she was dragging on Saturday. She went to westernaires with a friend, and then the Mom took her to their house. DH was going over to pick her up, and while he was headed over the Mom texted me that LB threw up!!! Thought she was just tired, so I felt so bad. she got home, and was punky. we took her temp and it was high. We were supposed to go to a party that evening, so I told her we wouldn't go. She was so upset!!

So I kept taking her temp, and it seemed way too high (103). She had just woken up becuase I told her she had to sleep, so I thought maybe it was high becuase of that. She changed out of her reflective/thermal shirt, and suddenly her temp was going down down down by the minute. I had 3 thermometers, and each of them was going down. We kept switching them out! She went from 103 to 99.5 in the matter of maybe 15 minutes. I don't know if she was overheated from her nap, the clothing, the blankets over her.... so we ended up going to the party. She was fine the whole time.

Yesterday she had a headache, and drank some gatorade and it was gone. Today she sounds like she has a head cold and is sneezing. I have no idea what she has, but it seems to be mild and going through her system quickly and randomly!! So odd.

Today we are taking it easy. She had friends over yesterday, and today we are doing karate and if the horse lady calls us we will do the horse training. Otherwise, low key.

More baking for me though!

Ebianco and Eventmom: Thank you for posting those links! I spent last night and this morning downloading workouts!! I have most of the Ttapps, but there are a few I don't and will love them!! I also did the Firms because those will be good to have for travel. That way if I don't want to lug DVD's, I can do a Firm!! So excited to have Tough Tape 2 back up too. PLUS, if LB gets older and DVD's go the way of VHS, she can have copies still. So many reasons to download. Many of those Ttapps too are hard to find so those all got downloaded. So exciting!!

Ebianco: I have never heard to stick to one brand of makeup. Why would that be??? Sometimes brands really shine with one thing, but not another. Interesting to think about though.

I put in my amazon cart the DVD cleaner. Now that eventmom mentions it, I do remember having a VCR cleaning tape! I need to get one for DVDs though. Especially since DH is kicking up so much dust with construction, I never thought about the fact that my DVD player is getting dirty too.

I think I object more to the controlling wife vibe than if he would have just said "I have health issues and need to change how I eat." One makes it out of his control and someone else MAKING him do it, the other is taking responsibility and saying "I have to change how I eat, and my wife is being so sweet in researching ways to change how we eat and relearn how to make things to accommodate me!" or something like that. I am doing it FOR him, not doing it TO him. Such a difference and puts me in a different light to people. ugh. Oh well. I guess it's a me problem for how I am perceiving it. Reminds me of him saying to people that he is building the whole garage by himself. So annoying.

Anyhow, the weather is nice, Christmas is almost here and I have a ton to do, and today is open! So all is well!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-21, 02:22 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today- TA level 2.1.2-3 day 1 +20 min of her cardio

so back to TA this week I think. I realize I miss her results, am sick of her music, and sick of some of the crazy moves. I looked at all three workouts on this particular dvd and 2 had some of my most hated moves. When I first started TA I liked that it was a mat, a chair, and one set of weights. Now we've got a chair at crazy angles that may or may not work with a chair that costs less than $600 (hers does). but wow you definitely get that I worked out feeling.

ebianco - thanks for the link!

buzzer - I haven't taken the time to download, not sure I've got the software to do it. but I finally will not be taking dvds to taos - I've got enough there, on my app, and youtube I'll be fine!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 06:46 AM  
Buzzer

Started Essentrics class of 2012.. 10 minutes done.
MTV Pilates... DONE!

I did the beginning of the essentrics, and grunted my way through it. I feel like I stretch quite a bit, but I don't make any progress. When I do make progress, it's lost when I don't stretch for a few days!! So I did the stretch, however when she started to do the "workout", I ended it. I just didn't have the patience for their toning work. So I switched to MTV Pilates. I like this workout! I had listed on the review I did inside the case that it's pretty easy and beginner level. However, I grunted and cheated and modified my way through it. So stretching and abs are my limitations right now. Good to know I guess so I can work on it.

I did the planks on my knees, and there's no way I can do jackknifes anymore and still be able to breathe. I felt rolley polley through the whole thing. Puffy, inflexible, and like my abs wouldn't work at all. I did my best though, and vowed to keep doing ab workouts until they get easier!

I have been eating pretty much 80% on DH's new diet... which is our new diet. It hasn't been too bad! I say 80% because LB and I have been eating something different for dinners on some days, and because I have been sampling the caramel corn I make. I have been more aware of eating well though. Still no weight loss! HA! I am not counting on it anyhow.

Today is leg day, so I need to remember to take my cold shower almost immediately afterward. I didn't last week, and my quads were sore until like Monday!!

LB and I are going to my sister's house today, and making pierogi. Both sisters and their families will be there, so it'll be fun! Then LB goes home with my other sister, and I get her tomorrow at lunch time. She wants to spend time with them, so even today and half of tomorrow is good. We'll take it!

I thought about spending the night up there with my other sister, however I have a lot to do here at home, and am more of a homebody anyhow. I'd rather come home and get things done for Christmas and cleaning the house. I know it's more driving, but I would rather do the miles and get things done!

We are leaving early, so leg day will be at like 5:30 or 5:45am instead of 7. That's kinda exhausting, but I"m glad I'm up early to do it. I was afraid I'd sleep in and have to take another day off.

Eventmom: $600!! For a chair!!??? I don't doubt it though. I remember people talking about finding a chair like hers at Ikea or something. I don't know why she doesn't use a regular chair people can actually find and use. I'm sure it's just a "putting on airs" thing. She seems into that. I use clip grab to get my YouTube clips. It's free and has never let me down!! I've been using it for probably over a year, and have downloaded so many videos for school and workouts.

Hi Ebianco! I'm sure you are getting ready for Christmas and getting in your workouts!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 12-22-21, 10:22 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

I started my workout week today with lower body, EPIC Heat Depleted lower body (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iyU...FgH7W&index=12) then a Barlates Target 10 Quads (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNez...FgH7W&index=13) plus warm up/stretch for an overall 60 minute workout. These workouts were both winners! The EPIC Heat workout was no repeats so there was a big variety, and the Barlates was a toughie using a loop band to burn out the quads. I'm definitely tagging both of these for future use.

Eventmom I haven't done TA's chair workouts but they look super challenging! I am sure that was a real workout! LOL about the $600 chair! It does not surprise me with TA.

Buzzer I am glad you are enjoying DH's new diet! At least that will help you stay motivated to keep it up for him! It is really nice of you to do that. I would have been rubbed the wrong way about his tone too! Doing something FOR him is generous and loving and helpful but doing something TO him is controlling. That makes a huge difference!

I hope LB is feeling much better! It sounds like a nice family get together with the pierogis!

Presumably the makeup/skin product thing is that each company has different base chemicals that all work together in a line, but can conflict with other brands. who is to say how much validity there is to that. I need to do more research. LOL
Old 12-22-21, 01:08 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - TA day 2 + 20 min gina b
today - essentrics flex for athletes

buzzer - yeah the chair! when she first pushed out meta she said she'd recommend chairs at places like target but that never happened. To make it worse some workouts you need a chair with arms, other no arms. but crap her workouts work. I'll have to give clipgrab a try.

ebianco - I have a cheap outdoor chair that works for most things but sometimes it's just super awkward. She'll lay it down and you have to kick over and around it. sometimes it's okay but other times I just have to do the move without a chair. Standing and holding a chair is fine it's the weird TA moves.
Old 12-23-21, 06:54 AM  
Buzzer

STS Week 1 meso 2 legs... DONE!

I tried to use the same weight as last time, even though it knocked me out for almost a week! I used 12's on the side lunge with the paper plate last time though, and this time I dropped to 8's and it was still too tough! This workout is a killer! I was thinking later, I remember people saying "I could feel the muscle rip off my bone" and that is what this workout is. The muscles are so worked out in this! I took a progressively cooler shower for my legs immediately afterwards, and today (the next day) I am feeling it a bit, but not NEAR as much as I should!

I think I did pretty good on it though. I did rest longer between sets, Cathe does just a few seconds to get your next weight between the trisets, I paused and took a bit of time. I also paused her during the one legged lunge things, becuase she goes really fast and I can't do it that fast and keep form. I kept up with her for the rest though! I loved it.

Today my legs are a bit sore, but not "I can't walk!" sore. More like "oh yeah, I feel that." My shoulders are sore too, but I think that's from holding the weight for the leg workout. Today will be a walking workout or something easy! Maybe walking, or abs or yoga. I need to stretch too.

Yesterday we went to my sisters and made pierogis. It was so much fun! My oldest sister made the dough, and my other sister, LB, me, and niece stuffed them. My nephew was "quality control" and would send pierogi back if it wasn't pinched well enough. We spent a few hours doing it, and when we had enough, we were all bummed. It was so much fun!!

LB stayed up with my sister, niece and nephew last night. I will meet my sister for lunch and to get LB. LB had a bit of a runny nose, but that was it. Hopefully she doesn't pass anything onto them since they are leaving town to see my parents on Christmas. It didn't seem like a bad runny nose, she blew her nose maybe 3 times in the course of a couple hours, however while we were making pierogis is seemed like she left a few times to go blow her nose and was sneezing. So I am just praying it isn't something that will spread and get worse when they are on vacation!

I guess either way, whether we just went up to cook or she spent the night, they would be exposed. Plus, I never worried about a runny nose until this whole covid thing hit. Now every little sniffle is a big deal. sigh.

My plan is to work on Christmas and the house until lunch. I have a bunch to do, so I can hopefully knock it out quick!!

DH was thinking of going out of town this evening and tomorrow since he has the day off tomorrow. I panicked! I have to get presents wrapped, I am doing a scavenger hunt for LB for presents... I have numbered all her presents, which has her all curious. I love that! Then I am going to put clues around the yard... "Which car does Dad do hauling in?" or "where are your handprints in cement?" and when she figures it out and goes to look, I will have a little bag with a "open present #..." in it. Then she has to go back to the house, find that present, and open it.

We have a big present at the end planned (DH got a bonus so we are taking her to Disney World!) so I was thinking of creative ways to get to that end. I got her some little things for under the tree... crafts I know she likes to do, socks (ha!), and she wanted a cloak so I got her that. Mostly things I would have bought her anyhow, but since it's Christmas,t hey get wrapped.

Ebianco: YES! on the "to" him and "for" him!! That's exactly it. It's all verbiage, but it's annoying. I don't use much makeup... I usually only do eyeliner. HA! I used to do the whole 9 yards, but anymore I just don't have patience for that. I am eyeliner only so I don't look ill all the time. Interesting though. You will have to keep us posted on what you find!

Eventmom: The whole TA chair things cracks me up. I remember people talking about that on VF. I don't know how many special chairs TA wanted us to have, but I only have a folding chair! Chairs take up space for sure! I think that was when I was losing interest in her. The "special equipment".
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 12-23-21, 01:34 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Today was upper body, I did Heather Glow Up Upper Body Tone and Sculpt (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HbN...Cqjdn&index=12) then Caroline abs (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar6J...Cqjdn&index=62), plus warm up, quick cardio, and stretch for an overall 65 minute workout. These were both great workouts! But I must not have been paying 100% attention when I developed my rotation because the Heather workout actually wasn't fully inclusive, it didn't include back at all and barely touched upon chest. But I subbed a lot of the shoulder work to include my own chest and back, and ended up getting a great workout! I did really like the structure of the workout - there were about 10 exercises (50 seconds on/10 off) that were then repeated, then move on to a second set of exercises. the workout flew by! Caroline's ab workout was just 4 exercises repeated for 4 sets for a 12 minute workout and it was really tough.

Edited for Friday: Back to lower body today with a glute/hamstring focus. After a warm up and light cardio with Firm Volume 6, I did the first half of Caroline EPIC 1 Hamstring and Glute Isolation (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CKB...FgH7W&index=14) then Ballet Body download pretzel variations 1 - ouchie!! Leah knows how to be precise and ruthless in her Ballet Body workouts and I love her for that. Then a stretch for a 55 minute workout. Definitely both great workouts today. I hope to do Cathe Muscle Max along with some Clean/Tidy House Max tomorrow before the guests arrive for Christmas.

Yesterday DH and I had a movie date and saw Matrix 4 "Matrix Resurrections" and it was fabulous! We had re-watched the original trilogy a couple of months ago so we were refreshed on the storyline. (Otherwise I only saw then once like 20 years ago!)

I finally have all my gifts wrapped and under the tree. I only got one small thing for the adults and more of course for the kids, and got some food goodies for the party, and someone in the family recommended doing a potluck which is great because there will be all kinds of food and I don't have to overthink it! Happy Christmas Eve!

Eventmom I remember on VF a few years ago everyone trying to find the perfect TA chair that is also a reasonable price, LOL.

Buzzer Great work on your STS workouts!!

My nieces and nephew love the scavenger hunt games!! We did one last year with them and it was fabulously fun. I hope DH loves it!!
Old 12-24-21, 04:10 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - TA 2.6 day 3 + 20 min reps to the rhythm walk
today - TA 2.6 day 4 + 15 min beginner DC

buzzer & ebianco - at one time someone did find a decent not to expensive chair, why didn't I buy it! cannot find that thread now. but TA is certainly catering to a wealthy crowd.

buzzer - wow on the treasure hunt! we got our (granted grown) daughter several gift cards and that made her happy!

ebianco - pot lucks certainly make things easier.
Old 12-27-21, 12:22 PM  
Buzzer

STS Meso 2 week 1 back and biceps... DONE
STS Meso 2 Week 1 Chest, Delts and tris... DONE!
Bosu Pilates... DONE1

So I did back and bis, which was excellent. I ;increased my weight for the biceps to 20's. I struggled and fought and did it!! The next day I was surprised I didn't feel my biceps. Two days later? Felt them a lot. Still feel them!!! Yesterday (Sunday) I did Bosu Pilates, and didn't think that was that bad either. This morning? Totally sore. I did most of it sitting on the floor with the bosu behind me!! It was so tough.

So today I woke up early feeling kinda... weird. I don't know. Maybe hungry? thirsty? I don't even know. I felt like if I laid in one position too long, my muscles would cramp up. So I got up. I spent the morning doing a test I have to get done by the end of the year(read the book, pick the answer, put it into the computer... for 400 questions!) and then did STS chest, delts and tris. I pushed it pretty hard! I tried to go up to 40's for chest press, and that kinda set the pace for the whole workout being too hard! I did the 40's, but then had to take an extra rest between sets and also before the chest flies (next exercise). I just felt like alll my weights were heavier!! It was so good though. I did the weight I did last time, and it was tough but so good.

My arms are still feeling it about 90 minutes after I finished now, so I will probably be sore for a few days! I have legs on Wednesday though, so my upper body will get a break!

Christmas ended up so good!!! The scavenger hunt started out kinda bad with DH and LB not really into it. LB even said "I kinda like how we always did it". Finally they started to get into it, and it was a blast! I had like, 20 clues. She had to go 20 different places. DH would read the clue, LB would go find the little bag with a piece of paper hidden in the yard where the clue told her to go. She would open the bag, read it "go open present 4586" (I randomly did numbers) and she would have to go find gift 4586 under the tree and open it. I threw in some "Dad gets to open a gift!" and "Mom gets to open a gift!" and "Otis and Eugene get to open a gift!" she also had gifts from her Bushia and Grandpa and DH's brother, so those were in the mix too. It cracked me up when she would go running all the way to the top of the yard through the snow (about 1"), find the bag, then it would say "Mom gets to open a gift!" and she'd say "Ohhhhh" all disappointed. It was so much fun, and extended gift opening for a few hours! HA!

Finally the last gift was a Disney World sweatshirt, a magic band and a Disney ornament. She was all confused about the magic band so DH asked her if she knew what it was. She thought it was a watch, and he told her we are going to Disney World. She almost immediately burst into tears! I started crying, DH was crying, and I told her we leave in two weeks. She just sat there and cried! She is so excited! We all are now!

She and I have been wearing our magic bands already. Not terribly stylish, but fun!! I am going to not workout that week, since I have read we can walk up to 10 miles a day. It will fall right after I have done 4 weeks of heavy STS lifting, so I will be ready for a break anyhow!!

Now we can plan and watch videos in the open instead of just when LB is asleep.

Lots to do before we leave too! I am making a list and figuring it all out. Plus trying to figure out 4 parks instead of just one or two is a big endevor! Let me know if you guys have any tips you know about Disney World. it's overwhelming.

Ebianco: I hope your Christmas turned out well!!! It sounds like you were over prepared which is better than under! I bet everyone loved it. I was wondering about Matrix. I loved #1, then 2 and 3 were just OK. I wasn't sure if I should take a chance on 4!

Eventmom: LB is at the age where I did not buy her a toy at all, just lots of miniature things.. like a little copper pot set, a little artist tool kit, and a little lamp for her Smaller Homes and Gardens house. Stuff from Hobby lobby. I also got her scratch art, socks and a cloak. She loved it all! Just little things to open that I probably would have gotten her anyhow. But at Christmas, she gets to open wrapping paper!!

We still have Christmas #2 over at my sister's house on NYE. We are staying overnight in a hotel, then swimming New Years day! It'll be a mini vacation before our WDW vacation! So excited for the next few months of travel!!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 12-27-21, 01:27 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

xmas day - essentrics 30 min stretch
yesterday - TA mat
today - AJ pilates sculpt + 20 Kathy smith cardio + 8 KS stretch

I had to pop back in - I found TA's original Dance Aerobics for $1 + shipping on ebay this am - merry christmas to me!

we had our holiday dinner with dd and her BF the 23 so we drove the 25th. Getting dinner on the road didn't go too well, - wasted time walking around the SF plaza and nothing was open. Finally did the expensive but good indian food buffet. Got to our house in Taos not sure, 8 ish? 9ish?

buzzer - your treasure hunts sounds fun! we're sort of boring, I got dh an app he wanted it has brain/cognitive exercises. he got me the AJ app. He also got me several gift certs - a saddle shop, ebay. I'll enjoy those. The way you are lifting I think using Disney as an active recovery week makes perfect sense! I'm useless on the disney parks.

ebianco - hope you had a fun holiday with your family.

Terrie

Last edited by eventmom; 12-27-21 at 01:30 PM. Reason: adding