Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-22, 07:47 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - I Have Natural Beauty, But Time Does Unnatural Things to It. March 20

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-22, 08:06 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning! Happy Spring!

With the change in seasons I'm doing lots of house projects - got all my bedding and rugs washed and the mattress flipped, changed toothbrush and razors, and put in new water filters. I'll need to stop by the hardware store to pick up a new furnace air filter, dishwasher cleaner, and new sponges. I'll also have to stop by the grocery store to pick up lots of food and more sausage for Gus. The weather outside might hit 60F today! I'll take Gus for a nice walk also - luckily the ground is slowly thawing so the melt water is getting absorbed - not so mushy and wet. I've got to pick up my back yard Gus poops also. Adelija had a friend over all day yesterday and they left for MOA in the afternoon - she didn't come home afterwards but went to her friend's house to sleep over. They ate me out of house and home!

Hope Paula is enjoying her cruise!

Laura, so did Polly talk to you regarding her displeasure going to the vet? I remember reformatting my thesis to fit the school's rules also - it was different from the publication rules I had for each chapter sent to scientific journals. I remember going to the office of the woman with the ruler who was ruler of my thesis ! I did get some of Gus's original paperwork when I adopted him through Aussie Rescue - I never contacted the original owners though. At Polly's age, she might have some painful teeth that will get pulled at her cleaning - the way she's behaving is consistent with oral pain or discomfort. It's not a cheap procedure...

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-20-22, 02:46 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's a beautiful day here with sunshine and highs in the low 60s. It's not that much cooler in Minnesota!

We have had a good day. We picked up lunch from an Italian restaurant and took it over to Mom and Dad's for lunch. I had the lobster pasta which is one of the best tasting dishes I've ever had. It is sooooooo good! In a bit, I'll need to go pick up an order from Walmart. And then, that's it. If anything else needs to be done, tomorrow is Monday. We have a relative light week coming up and we need to get some special projects done around the house, mainly straightening up and getting things cleaned. We also have to get the taxes started.

Anita - Thanks for the feedback. Dental work on a cat is NOT cheap, but it seems like cleaning the tartar would help her quite a bit. We're really hoping she doesn't need any teeth pulled. We'll see. I'm sorry you're being eaten out of house and home. And I hope you get the work done you need to accomplish.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-22, 07:47 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on taking Gus on a walk today - we went a longer time yesterday and then Gus limped a bit on his rear left leg after jumping out of my car after the walk. No complaints from him in the form of a yelp, so hard to tell if he's just sore or injured himself. He was chasing squirrels this morning just fine. I might take him on a shorter walk today to see how he does. My old university advisor wants to call me today - we arranged a time this afternoon - no idea what he may want, but this guy is still working whereas I've been retired for five years already . Hopefully he doesn't want me to apply for his position! Otherwise I've been putzing around the house and outside - I might get on the roof and try to seal the caulk around a leaky skylight.

Laura, just us this week, unless Vantreesta joins us again! on your lobster pasta - makes me want to try something like that! Good luck on your taxes - I'm glad mine are long done!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-21-22, 11:14 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I went to the YMCA this morning with Dad and got some good exercise. I walked around the track with him a couple of times and then did some strength training with 5-pound weights for upper body exercises and doing squats for the lower body. Then, I did the stationary bike for a mile and the treadmill for 10 minutes. I mainly wanted to get in some exercise despite having exercise ADD.

After lunch, I'll have a Zoom training session. And I want to get some stuff done around the house like laundry. It's a beautiful day out, so I also want to get outside some.

Anita - I hope is okay. It will be interesting to find out what your university advisor wants.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-22-22, 07:30 AM  
Vantreesta

It hit 70 here in southern MN yesterday! How warm did you get, Anita? Finally all the snow-turned-ice on the north side of our house is gone after yesterday. It gets really bad there bc it's where Cyric and I walk btwn the garage back door and driveway for our 3 walks a day, so it gets a lot of traffic! Looks like rain all day today. I'm glad it's not a run day! Once I have a taste of doing it outside it's really hard to go back to the treadmill!

Laura, one of my dogs had to have his teeth cleaned and a couple broken ones pulled several years ago. The cost was around $450, I think. I have to stay on top of brushing Cyric's bc the vet will never be able to look at them unless Cyric is under. He can't go to the vet without his muzzle on. He's a rescue and we have no idea what happened in his first 10 months of life to cause such distrust. Somehow he trusted me immediately, thankfully! Anyway, he does okay with the staff at the vet's office until they try to actually do smthg. He'll pretty happily get petted before and after but during, no way. He's tolerating it better than he used to at least.

Hope Paula is having a great time on her cruise!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-22, 07:37 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It's a rainy day outside today - planning on giving Gus a short walk out there to let him do his business. His gimpiness varies from time to time during the day - right now he's walking OK, chase a squirrel in the back yard and he limps. Otherwise planning on putzing around the house and catching up on some recorded TV.

My advisor did call and ask me to be president of the board certification that I have - I told him no as I haven't used that board certification for 25 years and haven't caught up with the knowledge there. We caught up a little on how our lives are going.

Laura, nice trip to the Y! I've thought about rejoining the Y now - there's one a few blocks away, but frankly I'd probably drive there. I might wait till I hit 65 though as I believe I get free membership then. There's another gym, a boxing gym, closer to where I live that I would definitely walk to - I've donated lots of my gym equipment to them and I like their environment, but probably won't take up boxing as a sport other than hitting bags. I did go outside yesterday and repotted an orchid, but didn't climb to the roof to recaulk my skylight - hopefully there won't be much dripping today. I also took my first walk with Gus without any jacket!

Vantreesta, I just saw your post as I posted in response to Laura! We hit around the mid 60's supposedly, but it felt a bit cooler than where I'm heating the house so didn't open windows quite yet. I think with today's rains I'll lose the snow piles next to the driveway and street and ice on the north side of my house. I just had Gus's teeth cleaned last week - none pulled and the cost was $700! If some were pulled, it would have been over $1000. Sorry your dog is so stressed going to the vet, mine's a rescue also, but he's OK at the vet's except for rolling over to expose his belly. He doesn't like that there, but won't snap at anyone.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-22-22, 06:12 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was an unexpectedly busy day around the house. I spent a lot of time in the kitchen cooking and cleaning up and making something else and cleaning up again. It was a nice day and I went on a short walk and I sat out on the porch with Polly for a while.

Vantreesta - Isn't it good that the dog found someone he could trust? Here, the cleaning will cost $500 and any problem teeth more than that. Enjoy the warmth and melting!

Anita - The Y we belong to (along with a lot of them, probably) did special things through the pandemic for children in the area. I never cancelled my membership because I wanted to support them. It's time to get back to going though! Hope you got to enjoy TV. What did you watch. Except for not knowing anything about it, why wouldn't you want to lead that program? (I'm hearing me telling people, "I CAN'T TRAIN WHAT I DON'T KNOW!!!")

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-23-22, 07:37 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today the rain has become snow, but it won't be enough to have to shovel and will likely melt by the end of the day. Precipitation is still coming down from the sky for the next day. Gus and I will still go for a walk. His hip seems to be getting better, hopefully he won't do something stupid like run after a squirrel to get it going again. Adelija quit badminton and is back to visiting friends after school.

Sigh. My period is back. I had hoped I'd make it into menopause, but NO! Last one was five months ago...

Laura, sounds like Polly is good at letting you know to take breaks and enjoy life . I wasn't sure if the Y here was open to all kids during the pandemic, but they've had food pickups for everyone - they are a good organization. I've recorded the entire Farscape series when it played on TV and am catching up on it - I'm almost done with season 3 right now (4 full seasons and two movies). I'm not a leader type in an organization - I do great as a secretary taking notes, but not a leader speaking to members and getting stuff done. I know that about myself and know not to take that on.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-23-22, 10:15 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's a cloudy day here and will start raining later. We have the system that caused all the storms in Texas and Louisiana in the past few days. It's supposed to have weakened and the possibility of tornadoes is less here.

This afternoon, I'll take DH to his PT appointment and drop in to see my chiropractor. And there is laundry that needs to be done. Other than that, I'm not sure what I'll get into.

Anita - What an aggravation that your period is back. Ugh. I hope that Gus' hip continues to get better and he doesn't do anything to aggravate it.

Laura's Workout Mantras: