Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-20, 07:38 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
This!! It seems like every where you go, the issues never cease. And people are so caustic! If you express an opposing view, they'll accuse you of being some sort of politically incorrect pariah. So many people walk on eggshells for fear of setting off a savage response, which can happen with the smallest and seemingly innocent comment. I miss polite, intelligent debate. And I miss kindness in the general population
This. I don't even read unsolicited email at the moment Pretty much only VF, books, and games like minecraft math/science/build.

I have been spending a lot of time outside and in nature. Also doing some of my favorite instructors and just trying not to listen to the cacophony.

I am trying to better my yoga opening poses and strengthen muscles and joints. This can be challenging so keeps me focused.
I have been doing a lot of Yoga Biomechanics with Jules Mitchell from Udaya. Also some things from Yoga International and Caley Alyssa Alo Moves/Udaya/Beach Body.

Thanks to all

Last edited by kathym; 06-18-20 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Added yoga programs
kathym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 07:48 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
Me too because I love for reasons I can’t explain watching Murder She Wrote and if I’m up long enough Hart to Hart every night. Last year they put the Christmas movies on all their channels. I’m hoping they restrict it to just one this time. The news is overwhelming and it’s comforting to watch old shows.
Omg I watch these too

I love seeing stars in bit parts!
Cracked up seeing Linda Hamilton and George Clooney on a couple of episodes

bubbles I'm sorry about your mom and you having a rough few days :-(

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 07:50 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post

I love old shows like Golden Girls, Murder She Wrote, Columbo, etc. It's funny to see how much company I have watching them.
These shows feel safe (less violence, trash, crudeness than most modern stuff) and they are a reminder of more innocent times. Comfort food for minds
Old 06-17-20, 08:58 PM  
DCW

I am feeling the stress and I figure everyone is fighting some battle in 2020. To relieve the stress, I usually get outside and walk every day. I have been walking so much I need new shoes, which were new in March. The tread is now worn away. In the evening I have been sitting outside in the dark on nice nights listening to nature.

I have been watching comedies and Family Feud.

Bubbles76, being kind and gentle with yourself is best. Right now everything is harder and crying is understandable.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 01:07 AM  
CoolGirlinFl888

I used to have Inside Edition set to record every night and removed that. I would advice everyone to please NOT post opposing opinions right now on social media!!!! Seriously, there are people out to not just humiliate you but ruin your life if you dare disagree with them and their agenda and this is coming from an African American woman. The stuff that I am seeing these days are not just disheartening but just maddening!!! If we all agree with everything that's boring!! I love that I have friends and we are all different and feel differently about things but right now please everyone just keep a lid on it for real! I feel the world is in for some kind of crash. I am binge watching recorded tv. I don't read or watch the news or Yahoo or anything. Just check my mail and watch old tv shows that I loved.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 06:19 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
In the evening I have been sitting outside in the dark on nice nights listening to nature.
Me too; I love it. Really calms me before bed.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 06:57 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
Don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I can't even stand to turn on the TV news any more, or look at it on the internet. I feel like Video Fitness is the only normal thing in my life right now, that and my weights and belly dance. Can't wait for this election to be over, maybe things will calm down after that.
Either way it ends up, it likely won't calm down. Perhaps by next summer, again, depending on the results!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 06:58 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
My anxiety level is way up! My 21 year old granddaughter is thinking of driving from CA to TX with her brother to see her family. I'm terrified with all the civil unrest and craziness going on!
I wouldn't worry about "civil unrest." COVID is another story.
Old 06-18-20, 07:01 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I love the Great British Baking Show, too, but I've seen them all! So now I'm watching The Big Flower Fight on Netflix. It is British and has a very similar feel to GBBS, but with flowers.
Mary Barry (Berry?) has a show that's on HULU, got good reviews in the NYT! I can't wait for the next season of the Great British Baking Show.

If you Netflix, check out Lenox Hill. Be advised that a lot of the stories are very sad, but it's well-produced and interesting.

Marcella, Season Three, is out! Can't wait to dig into that one!
Old 06-18-20, 07:02 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Yes, it does appear so . The news, and recent health concerns for my mother, has made me very tense and easy to cry lately. Because I did something to my knee last week, I only just started working out again yesterday. Upper body only. Exercise is my release and my happy place (much like watching episodes of The Golden Girls and Living Single) and I haven't been able to do work out for at least five days. I have been a weepy mess lately.
I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending you and your mom lost of good healing vibes.

Tags
board games, favorite tv shows