Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-20, 12:16 PM  
Scorpio6

The whole world has gone crazy

Don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I can't even stand to turn on the TV news any more, or look at it on the internet. I feel like Video Fitness is the only normal thing in my life right now, that and my weights and belly dance. Can't wait for this election to be over, maybe things will calm down after that.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 12:49 PM  
bubbles76

Yes, it does appear so . The news, and recent health concerns for my mother, has made me very tense and easy to cry lately. Because I did something to my knee last week, I only just started working out again yesterday. Upper body only. Exercise is my release and my happy place (much like watching episodes of The Golden Girls and Living Single) and I haven't been able to do work out for at least five days. I have been a weepy mess lately.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 01:06 PM  
rhbrand

I've been watching MeTv a whole lot!
Nothing like Happy Days, etc to make me happy and help forget the crap going on in the real world.
Old 06-17-20, 01:10 PM  
bubbles76

Have not heard of Me Tv. I have heard of tubi tv. I will check them out thank you! And you are right, old 70's and 80's programs are comforting. Watched some clips of Taxi the other day. Been going to sleep to their theme song the lat two days.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 01:59 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Bubbles, Golden Girls is my happy place too. I have been binging on that show lately. I can probably quote every episode verbatim!

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 02:32 PM  
sherry7899

I am hoping that only the Hallmark movie channel and not the regular Hallmark channel have the Christmas in July movie marathon. The Golden Girls helps me fall asleep every night.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 02:34 PM  
sherry7899

The Pluto tv app has One Day at a Time. I have been using it for comfort viewing.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 02:52 PM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I've been watching MeTv a whole lot!
Nothing like Happy Days, etc to make me happy and help forget the crap going on in the real world.
I like MeTV but here it shares a channel with the county so lots of time they preempt the scheduled shows for other things - Supervisors meetings, church services, local "celebrities" (and I'm rolling my eyeballs as I type that) hosting a cooking/lifestyle/real estate show, high school football games/coachs' corner shows, etc. One of the law firms sponsers an After Hours Cinema on Friday nights with some of the worst movies you could imagine. Most recently they've been televising all the local high school graduations.

DH loves to watch Hogan's Heroes on MeTV before he goes to bed and sometimes I watch The Carol Burnett Show and Perry Mason after that.

I spent most of the summer last year watching Midsomer Murders on Netflix after I broke a bone in my hand and while I was doing at home PT once my cast came off. It's not on Netflix anymore, but it is on the Roku Channel. So I have been watching again.

I've also watched several Hallmark movies.
Sissy B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 02:58 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am hoping that only the Hallmark movie channel and not the regular Hallmark channel have the Christmas in July movie marathon. The Golden Girls helps me fall asleep every night.
Me too because I love for reasons I can’t explain watching Murder She Wrote and if I’m up long enough Hart to Hart every night. Last year they put the Christmas movies on all their channels. I’m hoping they restrict it to just one this time. The news is overwhelming and it’s comforting to watch old shows.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 03:06 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I've been making full use of the nice weather to walk outdoors or at least sit on my back steps every day to enjoy my garden and backyard birds and critters.

I've been exploring the tons of free meditation material on YouTube, too - guided meditations, music and binaural beats.

I'm back to work now, but when I was furloughed I read voraciously, which helped a lot. I am currently reading five books, albeit it more slowly.

PS - I've become addicted to The Great British Baking Show. Who knew it would calm me down so much that I fall asleep??? And I don't even bake.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
board games, favorite tv shows