Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-18, 01:50 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Booty Band that goes around your thighs

need some feedback on this gadget, and the claims that it forces you to use your stabilizers:
https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Thin...ds=booty+bands

https://www.bfrshop.com/products/boo...SABEgIglfD_BwE

an Amazon reviewer (1st link) said she wears it while vacuuming and got a good burn. hmmmm....

I suppose you could DIY this by making a loop with a band or even sew one (something I am considering) using very wide elastic and Velcro.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-18, 02:56 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I bought some of those bands to use with the Beachbody 80 Day Obsession program. I used it for the "above the knee" exercises and a regular latex loop for below the knee.

I never thought of using them while doing housework!

ETA: I really like them because they don't roll on your thighs.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-18, 09:17 PM  
violingal3

OMG these look amazing!!!! I love my workouts that use bands but never do them because stupid bands rolling up and pinching me.

Kathy G - how do these hold up with use?
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-18, 09:31 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

another question for Kathy - what brand did you buy? thanks for your earlier reply.

there's claims that by strengthening the hip area, it could reduce lower back pain. I'm wondering what improvements you might have seen using the band this way.

I've used latex bands around my ankles, and a pilates band around my thighs for Brazil Butt Lift. I've never used them during strength work, as in squats.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-18, 05:32 AM  
Pippadog

Hi

I'm in the UK and bought an elixifit band which is very similar. I love it for mobility exercises and warming up my legs before a workout. Its much better than say a firewalker band. They are much thicker, maintain their resistance and don't pinch my skin like some of the others do. These booty bands look like they are made from the same thick material.

Laura
x
Pippadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-18, 08:37 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I ordered these and so far they have held up. I use the "lighter" resistance band for floor work and the "heavier" resistance band for standing moves with weights:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I originally ordered the ones below and they started fraying on the edges and especially at the seam. That's why I ordered the ones above because they have reinforced seams and edges which is holding up better:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ETA: Jeannine, I really did feel that using the bands during 80DO strengthened my entire lower body and low back. Autumn used them a lot during the program!

HTH!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 10-16-18, 08:51 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
OMG these look amazing!!!! I love my workouts that use bands but never do them because stupid bands rolling up and pinching me.

Kathy G - how do these hold up with use?
violingal3 - I'd suggest making sure the seams and edges are reinforced on which ever one you buy. Those are the stress areas that fray if they're not done well. HTH.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 10-16-18, 09:09 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
violingal3 - I'd suggest making sure the seams and edges are reinforced on which ever one you buy. Those are the stress areas that fray if they're not done well. HTH.
Thanks for the tip! I went from never having known about these to seeing just how many there are on Amazon! Hard to figure out which ones are good, but I will look for those reinforced edges, thanks for sharing the ones you bought.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-18, 09:23 PM  
bettyboopboop

I've always had issues with bands rolling and pinching on my thighs, so I bought these on amazon a few years ago:

https://www.amazon.com/Kbands-Streng...ce+bands&psc=1

I really adored them. Amazing for strengthening glute medius and hip abductors in general. I had an unrelated hip flexor injury this year, and it irritates them to abduct with resistance, so I haven't used much in the last year, but they held up well and worked awesome! Especially great that they don't pinch, and the customer service was prompt when I wrote asking about sizing.

Sorry I don't have experience with the exact product posted, but wanted to throw in my 2 cents about a similar product that worked great for me
Old 10-30-18, 07:19 AM  
Tiny

I love the 4Kor Fitness brand and have a few different sets of bands from them. They are a local company here in AZ and their customer service is fantastic. https://www.amazon.com/4KOR-Fitness-...sistance+bands

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
booty bands, resistance loops