Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-13, 01:02 PM  
desie

She must be one of those few women who
Quote:
never bulk up or develop bulging muscles
. Or she is not eating enough for the muscles to grow:
Quote:
when dropping significant weight, it’s damn near impossible to build or even retain muscle mass, even if gaining tremendous strength
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 01:26 PM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Jessica Biel is into Crossfit. She doesn't look any different, to me.
http://www.shape.com/celebrities/cel...ossfit/slide/6
From the interview I heard of Val, Jessica Biel came to her for a time period to change her look for one specific film. In the interview (it was a podcast) the interviewer thought Val trained her for Blade Trinity and she corrected him that it was to transition her look from that look to a more typical "slim actress" type look for that part. The director or whoever thought she was too muscular for the part and wanted a slightly different look. I agree she looks pretty similar both "ways" the difference is fairly subtle and I think she looks great either way.

It seems like a lot of celebrities change trainers/methods frequently depending what their goals are at the time. For example, how many fitness trends has Kelly Rippa and Madonna been affiliated with? LOL! Well kind of like a lot of us Vidiots only we aren't usually booking one-on-one training session with our favorite video instructors at the moment.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 04:15 PM  
videofit

Nothing new, although the celebrity butts were interesting...

Wonder why the usual suspects aren't screaming about slender women and women who want to be slender.
Old 10-01-13, 04:26 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Nothing new, although the celebrity butts were interesting...
I must be the lone wolf in that I found the pictures educational. I fell into the 'skinny without a butt' camp when I was in high school. Like I said, I like the guy because his 30 Day Glute Challenge did way more for my rear end than the FIRM's 90 Day Rotation followed by another year of leg presses and lunges. Hip thrusts are the best thing to ever happen to my lower body.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 04:56 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
I must be the lone wolf in that I found the pictures educational. I fell into the 'skinny without a butt' camp when I was in high school. Like I said, I like the guy because his 30 Day Glute Challenge did way more for my rear end than the FIRM's 90 Day Rotation followed by another year of leg presses and lunges. Hip thrusts are the best thing to ever happen to my lower body.
I'm at work so I didn't want to click on the link. So I didn't see any butt pictures. Thanks for cutting/pasting the article. I haven't read the whole thing but will later. I do like the flow chart.
Old 10-01-13, 05:20 PM  
shortie

I'm another flow-chart lover . . .

My favorite part of the article was his deft way of respecting all women's goals. "There are women who want body type X, body type Y, body type Z, don't care about body type and just want to be stronger -- none of these goals are intrinsically better than another. But, for women who happen to want body type Z, here's what to do . . . "

He didn't advocate any one style, just responded to a question that many women have. I thought he walked that tightrope well.
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 05:35 PM  
JP44

Okay, after reading his article, I bought his book on kindle: Strong Curves. No willpower here.

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 05:39 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Smile

Love the flow chart.....thanks for posting.
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 05:51 PM  
Scbayless

I know I shouldn't mention this but here I go anyways. I hate that he uses the word "nutrition" synonymously with "calorie restriction". Those are so different and it makes me nuts that he doesn't bother to address the difference. He says "egg white breakfasts" as if that is nutritious. It is calorically lower, but not nutrient dense. So annoying.
Old 10-01-13, 06:01 PM  
MKEMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortie View Post
I'm another flow-chart lover . . .

My favorite part of the article was his deft way of respecting all women's goals. "There are women who want body type X, body type Y, body type Z, don't care about body type and just want to be stronger -- none of these goals are intrinsically better than another. But, for women who happen to want body type Z, here's what to do . . . "

He didn't advocate any one style, just responded to a question that many women have. I thought he walked that tightrope well.
Agree. I actually prefer a more muscular physique for myself, but I still found a lot to take from the article. I also want to buy his book for my Kindle, but I just bought new boots, so my willpower is going to have to hold out
MKEMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bret contreras, heavy weight training