Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-23-22, 05:43 PM  
manleym

Poor Winston! I hope he feels better soon! Hugs to him and you!

Horusosiris your class on the history of the Supreme Court sounds so interesting. I bet it's fascinating learning its origin and how it has changed over the years. I'm sure there will be some interesting conversations with the recent leak and protesting at the justice's homes. We're going to Florida to visit hubbys family the first week of June, and if we get our act together this weekend we might go to Charleston afterwards for a few days, then visit my niece and grandnephew in Georgia. Other than that, no big plans. I'm so looking forward to Fuel! I think I'll wait to start it once we've returned from vacay. I love the sound of it - bodyweight & weights, 30 minutes. I'm sure it will be great. Her workouts rarely disappoint.

Bee I was feeling the same way about not doing CLive, so I started combining Caroline Iron workouts with a 30 minute CLive. I would do CLive warmup, then Caroline's, then finish CLive. If Caroline was upper body, I would do a 30 kickboxing, etc. Or I might combine with a low impact CL cardio. It worked well and turned into an hour workout. Yep, the yoga was 5 Parks. I'm not sure where the fusion part came in though. It just seemed like yin to me.

Today's workout: Caroline Day 38 of EPIC Killer Upper Body Workout Dumbbells & Bodyweight (LOVED! EXCELLENT & THROUGH UB) + Mark Lauren BWT 2.0 workout/disc 1 (mobility)
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 08:31 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans!

Yikes! I'm way behind again!

Kate, scary about the storm and losing the trees! Were you scared that something was going to hit your house? You are a beast for getting so close to Caroline's weights!!! Funny that you discovered you were using heavier for chest flies that she was---that's like when I discovered after YEARS that Cathe's naked barbell was almost 10 pounds lighter than mine!

manleym, so glad you enjoyed Atlantic Crossing! The introductory music is so hauntingly beautiful (and fit the program IMO) that it was in my head for weeks! Glad you are at the finish line for the end of school.

horusosiris, good luck with your summer class! It must be challenging to try to compress the material into a shorter period of time. The course you are teaching sounds very interesting!

Chele, poor Winston! I hope he feels better soon. Sending him (and you) hugs! And by the way, girl, you look fabulous!!

bee, lol about your confusion about Caroline's weights. I know I won't be matching her weights ever, but even at my best I wouldn't be matching her weights. Oh, and I did notice the timer and her outfits being color coordinated. I love it! So glad you tested negative for Covid!

TweenerW, laughing at your description of the Firm throaty cuing. I would probably laugh at it now but I found it annoying enough back in the day that I rarely did the one Firm workout that I bought. Oh, and I bet you have some great stories about what sounds like an interesting "past life" as you describe it. I'm so envious of your experience as an extra on Star Trek Voyager! I watched all of the past TV series and have seen all the movies.

FN1, amazing pictures of the hummers! Keep 'em coming!!

Nathalie, good to "see" you!!

MamaW, have you tried a Caroline workout? I love that she moves slowly and I use whatever weight challenges me even if it's half of what she uses.

Kim, hope all is well and you have that post vacation glow!

Waves to all! Workout post coming!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 08:42 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

The workouts...

Michelle D Cardio Strength 1 (not sure how I made it through this one, when #2 was definite #2 for me if you get my meaning.
Cathe Live #107 Summer Kickoff
CL #108 Total Body Giant Sets (didn't use barbell)
CL #117 Total Body Band & Glide
CL #268 Fit Tower Bootcamp
CL #280 Burn It Bootcamp
Michelle D Cardio Strength 2 (half of it before I Joni O'd it) and Kat Gates step on 4 inch step
Caroline G Iron #1 Legs with the Cats & Kat Gates step that I did stepless. I'm glad to be done with Leg day. It seemed to move slowly, and I'm not that into repeats so not really a favorite Caroline, but it was short so all good. I did appreciate the color coordination!

Also did Shred Max (I am far too embarrassed to tell how old the documents are )

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 05-24-22, 09:20 AM  
ChelePA

Just a quick check in. Hope to be back later.
Cathe’s High Step Training Upper Body Premix. Some unique moves in this one. Like a one arm tricep dip with your leg elevated. Yikes! I then added on a Peloton 20 minute standing core class plus 15 minute hip stretch.

Glad to see everyone posting. I become concerned when we don’t hear an update. Kim please fill us in on your vacation and what’s keeping you busy. Miss you!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 01:54 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Chele - I hope Winston is feeling better.

Yesterday turned into a bit of a walk marathon. I met a woman from one of my groups for an a.m. walk. That was (according to my Apple watch) 2.77 miles. Then, I was feeling antsy in the afternoon, so I did another 3.34 miles around the neighborhood. So, 6.11 miles in total.

I don't count steps. I like to count miles!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 06:30 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all!

I'm going to try to check in more frequently, as it's tough to catch up! I've got a bunch of projects that I'm working on and time just seems to fly by and before I know it, I'm a week behind!

Today I did Caroline's Iron #2. Sadly, my background exercisers did not participate. Rainy Day + Cats = Sleeping. I liked it better than #1, possibly since there were more body parts so it seemed there was less repetition. Dunno. I followed it with another Kat step workout that I did on the 4 inch step. I noticed Kat has a playlist of videos that are 30-40 minutes long, so I saved it to my You Tube library and I'll go through them as follow up workouts to Caroline. I did have a background "exerciser" as the group felt that they needed to represent since I was doing a workout by "Kat."

TweenerW, good for you on counting miles rather than steps! That's awesome! Did you get your new walking shoes yet?

Chele, how is Winston?

Waves to all and hugs to whoever needs them now!

Old 05-25-22, 11:19 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

cataddict - I did buy a newer model of the Saucony walkers that I haven't used yet. I had a brand new pair of the old style I liked and have been using those.

Yesterday, I slacked.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 12:31 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi gals!! Wow times just flies by!

horusosiris: I am doing Caroline Girvan's Epic I workouts. So far. I finally made it to Day 20 today. I'm not doing them 5 days a week. I'm adding my own favorite cardio in 2 days and CG 3 days a week.

Vintage VFer: I tried to like The Firm, and definitely think they have good workouts, but the instructors were kind of Stepford. ;-)

manleym: I'm not always lifting heavier than Caroline. But I have been within 1-2lbs of what she uses. I definitely feel I'm gaining strength. Now if I could only lose this !@#! 20lbs that snuck on! UGH

bee: CG uses a 66lb dumbell!?!?! I don't even own anything that heavy! YOW

ChelePA: Look how well you're coming along with your workouts! Way to go! Hoping Winston is ok.

cataddict: Yes I was afraid something might happen to the house. Weather service said we had 95mpw straight line winds. My neighbor lost dozens of trees! We were both lucky.

WAVES to everyone else!! Keep up the great work!

So this week:
Mon: Epic I Day 19 Full Body Workout. It's just over an hour, great moves, heavy weights. I did not add anything else on.CG used 22.5, I used 21.25 (20db with 1.25 plate mate). Teeeeeerific!

Tues: Cathe Live 287 Cardio Kickbox Low Impact HiiT. FUN as usual from Miss Cathe! As much as I love Caroline's workouts, I miss Cathe's energy, cueing, backgrounders.

Today: I did both Epic I Day 15 and Day 20. Both 30 minute Tabata workouts. Day 15 was all bodyweight, Day 20 I used 12s (CD used 13).
I did not like these as much as the other workouts. Lots of up and down, burpees. Some moves I loved, others not so much.

Still practicing Yoga every afternoon (M-F) and meditating every single day.

Take care my friends!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 01:02 PM  
ChelePA

Heavy heart today with all the sad news and watching the series finale of This is Us really didn’t help. I rarely finish a tv series unless binge watching on Netflix or Amazon. This show had me coming back weekly. Sad it’s over. Only other series I finished was Lost.

Winston is doing ok. Still happy and playful. Colitis seems to be settling down with diet change. Besides an allergic reaction on his feet, he ended up with a skin infection because of his nonstop licking.

Kate… still also doing meditations to go to sleep. Peloton has a variety of sleep ones. It’s funny because I’ve been replaying the same one all week and I never get beyond the first five minutes

Cataddict.. can you come organize for me? haha. Love your adding Kat. Just when I started trying a few routines on the floor, my foot started acting up. I’m going to give it more time to heal before doing any type of step movements.

Manleym and Bee… I love that Caroline is adding bodyweight only to her workouts. I remember doing her beginner series. It was perfect for me. Maybe I should return to it. I wish Cathe would do something similar.

VVfer…I used the transfirmer workouts back in the day and a few other Firm routines. I don’t have them anymore.

Not going to get political but I just wanted to send love to everyone especially the teachers in our group.

With my mood , I decided to take a cycling class that focuses on anxiety. Just what I needed. I then followed it up with 15 minutes of standing core. Really challenged my balance. Finished with 20 minutes of barre.

Hugs to all.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 04:30 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Chele, the Texas tragedy has been on my mind a lot since I got the alert on my phone yesterday. Just horrible. I do not understand what it is going to take for this country to finally do something -- and even then -- it's such a big problem, I'm not sure what can be done, but something has got to be done. Is that too political?

Poor Winston! Seems like he's itching from the inside out, but hopefully on the mend! I fell off "This is Us" but all of the talk about the finale makes me want to get back on that train. Interesting that Mandy Moore was the only cast member to play herself at all the ages she was. That's what I heard her say in an interview anyway -- I guess it makes sense since the others needed to be kids.

Kate, I think Caroline has really increased her weights with her subsequent programs. Yes, she uses a 66 pound weight, or whatever it is. I don't think I've ever seen one that heavy in real life! The thing I can't figure out is that her 33 pound or whatever it is -- they just don't look that big compared to how big mine start to look. Maybe it's just hard to tell in the video. I'm not at all doubting the weight -- it's more I'm envious that she has such heavy weights that don't seem so bulky to work with. My 20 pounders, especially, are just huge and unwieldy. Even my 25s are not as bad as the 20s.

Vintage, I was thinking about you this morning as I was working out at 5am and it already felt warm to me! I remember you saying you were going to have to start your walks earlier -- yes, indeed.

cataddict, I was also thinking about you because at one point I wasn't sure I could remember which butt cheek I have struggled with for so long and I thought "well that IS progress". But it started whispering eventually and I remembered. I was wondering how you are adjusting to your "adjusted" workouts and how your pain is.

manleym, interesting about the "yin fusion" -- it sounds so great, doesn't it? Someone should do a true fusion. I'm starting to think I may try Fuel for a while and see if it hooks me.

This morning was Iron 28 for me -- Glutes. Wow, a lot of repetition, again, but boy did I feel it. She started with a lot of band work -- clams at different speeds and straight leg lifts while on your side. Pre-fatiguing, I guess. Moved on to many sets of hip thrusts, again, and some forward leaning Bulgarian lunges. I skipped the finisher. I am going to be sad to be done with Iron.

Waves to horusosiris, kittybug, lavna, Kim & Linda and hugs all around.

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in