Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-20-22, 01:36 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

I was an extra on Star Trek Voyager. I played an alien. What a thrill of a lifetime! I have my own page on the Memory Alpha site.

That seems like a million years ago.
OMG Alta!!!! I am in awe and frankly, quite jealous! I adore anything Star Trek! You are my hero!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 01:44 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Back again. Only thing I can say is "oh my aching upper body!!
Yesterday I did Day 18 40 Min Chest and Triceps (more like 50) and holy !@#!. This time I did NOT add on anymore upper body work except for one of CG's 15 min core workouts.

So CG uses 33 and 17lbs. Wicked girl! I used 30s for the chest presses..tough. No way I could do flies with that but then I noticed she had switched to her 17s. I was using 25s. I am so totally feeling my chest, even into my armpits.
Then tricep work follows and she toasted my arms! At the very end there are pushups and I was on my knees for all. Shaky! I used my 15s. That was enough.

Today I did Body Step 55. Older and super super fun!! I am loving these older BS workouts. No tricky moves, lots of great tunes.

Now I'm done for the day...the weekend is here! Maybe can get into my garden finally. Temps are supposed to drop but at least no severe storms. The insurance inspector came out yesterday and was very positive about what we might get for repairs. He was very nice. Here's hoping!

Take care all. Were you as fierce as you could be today? Will you be tomorrow? ;-)

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 02:25 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Friday!!! Is anyone else doing a little happy Friday dance?

Vintage, that is super cool about being a Star Trek extra!! That must have been really fun.

Chele, will you have an extended family party for graduation or just something with the immediate family?

Kate, my chest started hurting just reading about the workout! . She is so amazing with the weights she can lift!

kittybug, I hope the winds die down. Don't blow away!

I slacked today, also. But it was a planned slack. Does that make it better?
Old 05-20-22, 09:29 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh man, even if you guys don't watch "WeCrashed" you should at least check out the soundtrack. I love it. There is a song called "GO!" and for a moment I thought "oh I hope it's not the IRON "Go Go Go" song. It is not.
Old 05-21-22, 09:56 AM  
ChelePA

VVfer… my husband would be so jealous- he’s a big Star Trek fan. I never watched it. Pretty cool that you were in an episode. My friend’s daughter has been an extra in a few shows. It’s fun to see her in the clips.

Kate… glad the insurance is moving along. We thought we were going to have a fight on our hands with my car accident since it was a brand new SUV. They actually gave us the value much to our surprise. We ended up having to fight other issues. Ugh!

Kittybug…thanks for the nice compliment. I worked so hard to get muscle definition in my legs. It’s amazing how quickly it went away and it’s going to take some time if ever to get it back. I also put on over 10 pounds since the accident. The loss of muscle strength, range of motion and balance is A daily struggle. Mentally I get so down when I can’t do a move that was easy in the past. I try to remind myself how far I’ve come and to be grateful.

Bee.. my daughter didn’t want a graduation party. Her ceremony is actually a little bit later in the evening. Doesn’t start until 7 PM. My family is local and will be attending. We’re going to just have some desserts at our house afterwards. Most of her friends are having really big parties. DJs etc. I recently asked her if she changed her mind and she said no. Makes my life easier

Peloton workouts included 10 minutes of standing core. I’ve been trying to add these classes on here and there to work on my balance. I always had issues but wow things have really changed especially with my injured leg. 30 minute Fleetwood Mac upper body strength class. 20 minute Mental Health Awareness walk.

Crazy hot here. But I’m loving it! Happy Saturday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-22, 11:11 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

kittybug - I'm seeing a few hummers at my feeder. I, too, cannot get a decent photo. My feeder seems to be more of a pit stop than a destination. That's fine, I love to see whoever stops by!

Kate - Sometimes just reading your workouts makes me sore! I hope your insurance guy makes things go smoothly.

Yesterday, I did Margaret Richard Getting Better - lower body.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-22, 11:16 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

VVfer, my husband managed to get some really great pics this morning on his pro camera (he's a photographer) during our "hummingbird thirty" sitting on the patio drinking coffee hour, so pics are incoming...he wants to edit them first for exposure, etc., all the stuff I don't understand!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-22, 11:30 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
VVfer, my husband managed to get some really great pics this morning on his pro camera (he's a photographer) during our "hummingbird thirty" sitting on the patio drinking coffee hour, so pics are incoming...he wants to edit them first for exposure, etc., all the stuff I don't understand!!
I'd love to se them. Maybe in an email?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-22, 07:07 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All

Well we purchased a Ninja Cremi and we have been experimenting making all fruit sorbets, smoothies and ice creme. So far I really like it. In my regular (uses ice and rock salt) ice creme maker, I made a variety of ice cremes for a yard party that my nieces and nephews were having.

I began a short rotation of Perfect 30 mixed in with Total Gym workouts, random cardio, workouts, suspension training and walking.

Kitty- I loved your pictures of the hummingbirds. Your DH took some great pictures. It must be so nice to have an photographer in the family.

Chel- many congratulations to your daughter and your family! Sorry you are having insurance issues. I hope you are able to get them resolved with too much of a headache

Vintage- you were a Star Trek extra! My family would be so jealous. They are all Star Trek fans.

Kate- what program are you doing?

Bee- I will check out WeCrashed.

I will write more soon. I have been super busy because I am teaching a summer school course (just six weeks) that I have been preparing for.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 09:17 AM  
ChelePA

Horusosiris…the new Ninja sounds awesome. My daughter loves smoothies. What class are you teaching? Those shorter summer classes are busy.

Harry Styles released a new album and Peloton had several different classes featuring it. So I did the cycling workout this morning. My daughter and I saw him in concert several years ago. Followed with 5 minutes of core and then 10 minutes of yoga flow focusing on hamstrings.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in