Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-18-22, 09:42 AM  
ChelePA

VVfer…I only take Daniel’s classes too. Hoping to be able to use some of the routines again in the future once my foot heals. Definitely a sign to continue with the bird feeder.

Kate… like Bee, I am so impressed with your strength. And doubling up on Caroline is crazy. Both you and Manleym!!!!

Bee… you know me well. Definitely not into repetition. But like I said in previous posts, Peloton is also a little repetitive on some of their strength classes. I just find the music and instructors much more entertaining and enjoyable.

Def Leppard 30 minute cycling class today with 10 minutes of core and 10 minutes of floor barre.

Just out of curiosity. If you went to a family party that had more than 30 people and then tested positive, would you make others aware? We found out over the weekend that over 10 people tested positive after the baby shower. But not one person notified us. Really frustrating! We are more than 10 days out so I’m hoping we are in the clear. however there’s been a few cases in my daughter’s classes. And they just had prom. Fingers crossed!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 11:26 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Kate - Too much excitement of the wrong kind. I hope your DH has a speedy recovery.

bee - I hope you test Negative! The Covid numbers are going up again here with rising hospitalizations.

Yesterday, I did an old favorite: Cathe's Pyramid Upper Body (2002).

Hugs all!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 12:33 PM  
ChelePA

Kate… I also wanted to say I’m thinking about you and hoping that your husband is feeling better soon. How difficult. One thing after another. And then that storm! Glad you are all safe.
Old 05-18-22, 01:36 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I did indeed test negative -- that was a relief! Chele, definitely, definitely! they should have told you!! That seems so strange to me that you weren't told. I'm sorry for the stress it must be causing. Hopefully you are in the clear, as you say. They did find out at this school that someone who went to prom (which was on a boat on the bay, so lots of fresh air, but a bus ride together to get to it) tested positive. They did the rapid test that the NBA uses prior to allowing them on the bus, so who knows. It doesn't seem like it's spreading like wildfire so far. Hopefully it stays that way.

Kate, I was thinking about you yesterday afternoon..... around here it's very tough to get workers for housing projects -- maybe covid, but I've also heard that there are so many new construction projects (new building, rebuilding from scratch after fires) that workers would rather be on the bigger new projects. Anyway, just wanted to say that I hope you have a smooth time of making the repairs to your house. Life just seems so stressful these days!!

Well, I was a bit sore from the Caroline workout today, but not too bad. Definitely a different kind of sore than Cathe brings. No workout for me today -- no time -- just some walking in short sessions when I can.

Friendly waves all around!
Old 05-18-22, 02:23 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

bee: YAY on the negative test!! I have some test kits too, just in case.
We've been trying to find a handyman to just help with some minor jobs around the house and it's so hard to find! At least the house is fine, its the garage that took a hit. And then we have to get those trees removed. Hubby thinks he can do it, but at 72 and with a very bad back, I think it would be tough.

chelePA: Just out of curiosity. If you went to a family party that had more than 30 people and then tested positive, would you make others aware? YES!!! Not very considerate if you ask me.
Thanks for the good wishes. Caroline helps me get through all this !@#! with tough workouts!

Vintage VFer: I keep hearing that maybe I'm being tested with all this "stuff" going on? If so, test can end please. I think I am getting the Kobayashi Maru test. Anyone a Trekkie?

Today back to Cathe Live and #132 Kick Punch Cardio. Shorter than KPC but similar I think. Lots of good punch/kick drills, bag work, floor cardio and Al! ;-) I like Al.
Fun stuff - can't neglect Cathe you know!

Still practicing Yoga almost every afternoon, meditation every morning without fail.

HUGS to all...stay well!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 09:42 AM  
ChelePA

Peloton workouts for today. I did an all for one cycling class that was recorded in 2019. It was in studio and each instructor taught one song. Lots of energy and positivity! I think they plan on returning this summer for in person classes. In addition, I did a 10 minute beginner yoga class followed by a 10 minute restorative one. Then finished with full body foam rolling and stretching.

Today is my daughter‘s last official day of school. She has two finals next week. Then graduation after the Memorial Day holiday. The countdown is on…..
Old 05-19-22, 11:11 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

bee - Yay on the negative test! Here it years later and we all still have to be worried.

Kate - I have been a Trekkie since I was ten years old. Oddly enough, I only ever liked the Original Star Trek series. The rest didn't appeal to me. I was lucky in my past life to have met several members of the original cast in real life. (That would be a moby post!)

Chele - graduation is coming up so soon!

Yesterday, I did a steady state 4.3 miles on the bike path. I was out the door before 10am. I'm going to have to transform into a morning exerciser if I want to do my walks.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-20-22, 08:45 AM  
ChelePA

Cathe’s Boss Bands legs, glutes and core premix. Peloton standing abs workout followed by 15 minute low impact and 15 minute hiit cycling classes.

Kim…hope you had a wonderful vacation.

Waving to all you busy ladies
Old 05-20-22, 10:11 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Yesterday - I slacked!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-20-22, 11:45 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Yikes, behind again!!

Workouts:
Sun: Leah Sarago Ballet Body both Upper and Lower (and I was SORE for four days after this! I'm always so sore after not doing her stuff for a while)
Mon: CL 027 Solid Cardio plus HIIT (this was pretty intense but fun!)
Tues: Exhale Core Fusion Yoga Energy Flow (this was purchased years ago, still in shrinkwrap, and I LOVED it...can't believe it's been sitting on my shelf this whole time unused, geez!)
Weds: CL 040 Bootcamp with Step (and I see she did a bootcamp this week too that I must try)
Thurs: Callanetics Extreme (sore again, yow!)
Fri: Gonna try CL 043 Metabolic Conditioning today

VVfer, we officially have about three hummies, two Greensleeves and one Tux that I'm aware of. We've had some high winds the last couple of days and our feeders are swinging out of control, poor hummies hanging on for dear life, LOL!! Yes, your hummie was a sign and KEEP AT IT, ants be durned!! Also, thank you for the periodization info, very helpful!! And I love the Star Trek story, hah!!

Manleym, are you doing a body weight thing now? Oh, and on Michelle's individual DVDs, I think the choreography gets a bit more complex on those, but for me, hands down, I LOVE the two 'More' workouts for their more fun factor, great music, etc.

Horusosiris, I think I found the post from Suzanne and it broke my heart. I just want to reach out and hug her and tell her how loved she is. Also thanks for the body weight info. I'm still trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing but I'm enjoying gravitating back to barre type stuff for now.

FN2, I keep TRYING to get pics of the hummers but they just move so freaking fast! I'll keep trying!

ChelePA, so glad that foot is feeling better! And oh, I would be pretty ticked off by the, um, lack of consideration from those testing positive. And I agree with Manleym, every pic I see of you I marvel at how fabulous you look and then think okay, so WHERE is she talking about having gained weight, in her big toe???

KateTT, oh my! Yes, can the freaking test be OVER already? You've had so incredibly much to deal with and you've handled it all with such strength and grace.

Bee, so glad your trip went well and you're negative!

Hope Kim is recovering from vacay and Nathalie and FOLV pop in soon too! Waves and hugs to all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in