Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-15-22, 09:13 AM  
ChelePA

Celebrating our daughter‘s birthday today. Going for brunch then coming back to the house for cake and ice cream.

This morning I did a Peloton birthday ride in her honor. Followed by 10 minute yoga flow class with the focus on forward bend.

Happy Sunday!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AEFD698D-3141-4406-871D-7195B13628F7.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	4792  
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 09:33 AM  
ChelePA

Boss Bands Glutes and Core. For the standing portion I kept the moves mostly static. My foot is slowly healing. Followed with a 20 minute recovery cycling class.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. And those traveling enjoyed your trips.
Old 05-16-22, 11:30 AM  
ChelePA

Horusosiris… I read Suzanne Bowen‘s recent post. Her vulnerability also speaks to me at different times in my life. Even now after the accident. So grateful every day to be alive but it was difficult to see how much physically I have changed this past year. Loss of muscle strength. Weight gain. Etc. We are always so hard on ourselves. Our worst critics. I always try to remember the most important conversation is the one I’m having with myself.
Old 05-16-22, 01:14 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Yesterday, I was in the mood for vintage and tried an old Kathy Smith workout on YouTube. I made it about ten minutes and Joni O'd it. I did a Body Project that was much better.

I'm seeing a lot of hummingbirds around the complex, but only a few make it to my patio in the back. I tied red ribbons to help them find the feeder.

The past few days have not been good for various reasons. I'm very cranky.

(I need to put in a "Cranky Alta" avatar for times like this!)

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 01:20 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hellllloooooo! I am back in California. Good trip to New York but gosh I hate the flying part of travel (yeah, yeah, who doesn't? ). It was a darn good thing I went because he would have been pretty screwed without me there. That Saratoga Springs is a pretty cute town. Had some good food and walked around a lot. We had one dinner with a professor who really helped him out this year -- wanted to get to know her a bit and thank her.

Chele, the derailed college plans are really tough to recover from. I'm glad you updated us on the tour and that it sounds like she's excited with the direction. That's great! A big happy birthday to her! Also, nice to see that your foot seems to be healing!

I will try to find Suzanne's post. Sounds like it might be a good reminder for all of us.

manleym, I don't think I've noticed about the timer bar being color coordinated, though I remember seeing something that was coordinated with her outfits. Maybe I did notice it one day. Funny. I am really thinking I may just repeat the Iron program since I sort of spread it out, though now you guys also have me wondering if I should do lighter weights for a while. I just really like that program -- maybe the best of anything I've ever done.

Oh, horusosiris, sounds like you are set for shows to watch, but if you or anyone here still has Apple TV, you may want to check out "We Crashed". I'm really enjoying it -- Jared Leto and Anne Hathaway are great in it. I think I may also check out "Severance" on Apple TV.

No workouts for me while I was gone -- other than a lot of walking! Not quite as much as Kim on her trip, and certainly not as much fun. . The hotel I stayed in had heavy weights -- first time I think I've seen a really good weight set at a hotel. But, I packed so light thinking my son would need part of my suitcase so I didn't have workout clothes or even shoes. Back to it tomorrow morning.

Waves to all!
Old 05-16-22, 02:54 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Celebrating our daughter‘s birthday today. Going for brunch then coming back to the house for cake and ice cream.
Happy belated birthday to your daughter! I hope she had a good one! Lots of celebrations in her life right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Horusosiris… I read Suzanne Bowen‘s recent post. Her vulnerability also speaks to me at different times in my life. Even now after the accident. So grateful every day to be alive but it was difficult to see how much physically I have changed this past year. Loss of muscle strength. Weight gain. Etc. We are always so hard on ourselves. Our worst critics. I always try to remember the most important conversation is the one I’m having with myself.
I just read Suzanne's post and it was so powerful! I appreciated it so much because it is honest and real and something we have all felt at different times in our lives, or even currently. I loved her sentence, "I realized that I have grace for others but not myself." That is so true. ChelePA, you looked GREAT in the prom picture. You know how much you have changed, but you still look great.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 08:48 AM  
ChelePA

Manleym…thanks for the kind words.

Bee… so glad to hear the trip went well. I love that a professor was so supportive and influential in your son‘s life. How awesome!

VVfer… I saw a post that there’s a new TBP workout on YouTube. Did you try that one yet?

Started with Cathe’s Boss Bands premix that included upper body and core. Then I added on a Fleetwood Mac music only cycling class. Sooooo much fun! Reminded me of my high school and college years—saw them live in concert several times. Loved everything about this ride. Landslide always gets me especially with my current changes and challenges in life.

Happy Tuesday!
Old 05-17-22, 01:04 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

bee - back and safe! Yay!

Chele - Thanks for the heads up about the new TBP workout. Alex is not a favorite She's hard to hear and her cueing isn't that great. Need more Daniel.

Yesterday, I did Spinervals Flexible Warrior Foam Roll routine. Always a good choice!

I looked outside and saw a lot of activity at the hummingbird feeder. Unfortunately, it was not hummingbirds, it was ants! Having a really low tolerance for frustration I got mad. I read that if you get ants, put vaseline on the pole that holds the feeder. So I did that. I even considered giving up on the whole thing as I was filling the ant moat. Next thing you know, a little brown hummer fed at the feeder about 2 feet from my face. He was so precious! Do you think it was a sign to not give up?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 02:31 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

HI gals, remember me? Crazy couple of weeks. Now hubby has Hep C so appointments to get that treated. Then last Thurs 12th we had a super severe thunderstorm that not only knocked out power for 24 hours, but it knocked down 3 big pine trees and ripped all the siding off the back of my garage! Waiting for the insurance guy to come tomorrow. The damage around my area was really bad! My poor neighbor lost several huge trees. Some snapped right off, some ripped right out of the ground! They said potential 100mph winds.
I think that was it.

We have many hummers and tons of Orioles! But we took most of our feeders in because Avian Flu is so bad in MN and they recommend not having crowds of birds. My husband loves his birds!

Lots of great workouts you guys!!!
I've been working through Epic 1 still. I have found that combining the day's specific workout with one of Caroline's 20 minute workouts has been GREAT!
For instance, today I did Day 17 Leg Workout Lunges paired with Lots of Lunges 20 Min Workout. I have found excellent pairings with similar body parts. I even went heavier that CG!!! She used 22lbs, I used my 25s! First time I've gone heavier than her!

Yesterday was Day 15 Dumbell Back and Biceps that I paired with 20 Min DB Back and Biceps. See what I mean.

Thanks you guys for the CG recommendation!!! I never thought I'd get into cueless workouts, but it's just fine and the variety of moves is fantastic! And she goes heavy!! Yay!

kittybug: Yes I occasionally do a round of bodyweight workouts from time to time, just to switch things up. I don't think I lost any strength and it gave my knees a break.

manleym: Yes I notice CG color coordinates! The Iron workouts sound amazing! I'll have content to work from for ages with Caroline!

Gotta run but hope to check in a little more often. I hope. HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 03:55 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh Kate, what a storm that was! I'm sorry you had so much damage, and hubby has hep c! As if you didn't already have your hands FULL! I'm amazed you are combining Caroline's workouts and especially amazed at going heavier! Fierce Kate!!

Oh, this morning I did remember that I had previously noticed the titles she uses match with her outfits. Actually, I remember noticing it one day and wondering if that was on purpose. That's me -- not always observant!

Vintage, for sure that hummingbird was a sign that you should keep it going. We have some natural ant spray we use -- not harmful to pets. It smells pretty bad in the house but outside it should be ok. If the vaseline doesn't work -- that sounds pretty clever.

Chele, manleym is so right -- you look great in the photo! Fleetwood Mac takes me back to high school, too!

This morning I woke up super early and had plenty of time to do Iron 23 -- all gluten and hamstrings. Chele, it probably would have bored you to tears. It was all basically deadlifts and hip thrusts. Different variations for 35 minutes, basically. I was definitely fatiguing toward the end but I don't really feel like I will be sore. We'll see.

I did a PCR test yesterday for work. I'm really curious to see if maybe I picked up covid with the traveling. I'm nervous since they talk about how easily this new variant spreads. Seems like there is a small-ish outbreak here at the school. Fingers crossed.....

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in