Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-10-22, 01:00 PM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, LOL! I am having a hard time finding the variation of Celibacy pose that Travis used when I googled it. Bear with me when I try to explain: You start in runner's lunge with the L foot in front, then moving back foot up about a foot toward your front foot, so you're actually like you're bending over at the waist with your fingertips to the floor. Then keep twisting your body to the L side so your legs eventually form an "X". Your feet start to turn on their sides and then Travis instructs to sit down into Cow Face Pose (where you have your knees crossed and each leg is out to the side). So you can imagine how the men feel about this pose!! I don't exactly know the benefits of it other than having fun thinking you're playing a game of Twister! Anyone know the benefits?//I don't think it's getting as hot as they predicted today....there was a nice cool breeze while I was planting my flowers this morning.

Bex, I'm so sorry to hear you're confined to your house!! You can't even go outside at all?? (ETA: well, besides the one hour ) Was this the case 2 years ago when COVID was first prevalent - that you were stuck inside your house then too? You must be going stir crazy!!! Have you thought about getting a bike trainer you could keep inside? I'm not familiar with them at all and don't know the price tag, but if it would keep your sanity, it might be considered? Or just do some YT cardio workouts? There is TONS out there now...Heather, Michelle Briehler, and Olivia Lawson have some that are all levels and keep your interest. Just some ideas....kudos to you, awesome lady, to stay so positive and focus on the good things through all this.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 05:03 PM  
T2B

AMD - the only thing that saved my bacon today is the lack of humidity. It’s 90 degrees right now, and windy! Thanks for explaining the CP.

What kind of flowers did you plant?

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 11:44 PM  
bex

AnMrsDe, yeah this is an extraordinary time in Shanghai. Even in 2020, we were never locked down. Most things were shut for about 2 weeks but we rebounded quickly.

Now the whole city been under strict lockdown for more than a month. Some apartment complexes were able to leave their houses but stay within the compound for a while. We only got that freedom last week.

To be clear, we can now go out (within the compound) at any time, for any duration. But it's a 1/2 square block, so how many times can I walk around the same buildings?

I appreciate your suggestion, but I love bike rides around Shanghai because the city is so vibrant. Riding inside (even if I could get one, which I can't) wouldn't be the same at all.

But hey, what's the point of being a vidiot with a huge range of home fitness equipment if not for this point in history? If I'm stuck at home, I might as well use it to work out twice a day. Last month I was too stressed but now I'm going to make the most out of however much longer this lasts.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 01:08 AM  
LizEMA

AMD,
Thanks for your thoughtful suggestions about my mom.

Some of the songs CG uses are fantastic! They are really motivating and really get me in the "zone", but, one can only hear even the good ones so many times. I haven't even completed 2 full weeks of her program, technically, and it's already challenging having to listen to those same songs on repeat.
She is making these AMAZING, high production WOs, though, so I am NOT complaining. I mean, I am , but I can suck it up. LOL Honestly, it really depends on what the WO is. If it's one I like (like Day 13), the music doesn't register much. If it's one I'm not so fond of (like Day 6), I want to scorch the Earth.

And, like T2B, I want to know what flowers you planted! I got most of my haul in today (just bought, didn't plant), but I am still without a couple of varieties I desire, which I hope I can get my hands on soon as I want to start getting everything in soil.

You know, I was afraid after doing CG's WOs, I would be turned off by the commentary of my beloved Cathe.
Thankfully, that has NOT been the case. I seem to be able to go back and forth between the two fairly seamlessly.
The no speaking WOs are a nice change of pace, though, almost meditative in that it's just you and your thoughts with no one else's words distracting you.

T2B
Thanks for your sweet words.

I gather from the back and forth between you and AMD that the heat does not agree with you? Are you a cold weather gal?

(I was also curious about AMD's celibacy pose and your Google comment made me LOL. )

Bex
I would encourage you to give the IRON Series a try. I had been averaging 5 WOs a MONTH -- a MONTH! -- for 3 months (chasing an additional 2 months of inconsistent WOs) before diving in to the series, and I have had NO problem with the program thus far. (I already feeling like I'm stronger after less than 2 weeks of it! )
The length makes them perfect for easing back in to things, and I find strength training WOs so perfect for modifying to meet your current fitness level just simply by using whatever weights are challenging you at the moment.
The WOs are metabolic by nature (esp. the full body ones), but there are zero cardio moves in them. (My cardiovascular capacity and endurance are WAY down, but nothing has been too much for me so far.)
I think I remember from earlier JTW threads that you have done other Caroline WOs. I think if you are already initiated in to her sphere and have a CG foundation, these would be more than doable for you.
Old 05-12-22, 01:41 AM  
LizEMA

AMD
Sorry to hear about the issues you had over the weekend and that your arthritis has been acting up again. Can I tell you, though, how absolutely inspiring it is to hear about all of the creative ways you come up with to ensure that, regardless of any issues, you get your WOs in? You are so determined in the most matter-of-fact way, I am hoping that some of your resolve and tenacity rubs off on me somehow.

Jane,
Your last two entries have me really looking forward to what's coming ahead in the IRON series! I wish I could just fast forward or jump ahead in time to get there!

And thank you for posting about your PJs WO. It's inspiring & motivating AND reassuring.
I sometimes do WOs so late I should already HAVE my PJs on, so, sort of the polar opposite of your situation, one that occurs more often than I'd like and has me saying to myself, "You're NUTS." I'm glad I am not the only one, though, doing things in an unconventional manner just to get a WO in.

T2B
Sorry you're feeling out of sorts with your WOs. I can absolutely relate. I hope something speaks to you soon.

Bex
I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time and that things are going in the opposite direction of where you need them to be right now.
If there is anything you might need from a stranger halfway across the world, let me know.

Helen
Thinking of you and hoping to hear from you soon.

Donna
How are you liking the Yoga w/ Bird 7 Day challenge? It was not on my radar but sounds like something I should do. I want to incorporate some yoga in to my weekly routine, but I am a true NOVICE with a brain that rebels against the quiet of yoga.
Do you think the challenge would work for a beginner?

Dancing Queen
If you are inclined, I'd love to hear about the 30 day posture makeover.
Is it PT-type moves or something altogether different? I saw it mentioned on the GD thread, I think, but I have no idea what kind of routines are used in it. I feel like it can never hurt to strengthen stabilizing and supporting muscles groups which sounds like what the makeover might do?
Old 05-12-22, 02:02 PM  
AnMrsDe

Thank you, Liz! It definitely wasn't the best way to spend Mother's Day, that's for sure! ;0) I had a bad reaction to something that was noted as being gluten free that actually wasn't---which in turn, has since evolved into a horrible arthritis flare-up. It has gotten noticeably worse this past week, so I'm thinking of changing up the rest of the month's workouts. I feel like I am still getting good workouts in - but the pain is a lot more present, even though I do have a high pain tolerance. I could take Aleve (can't take ibuprofen or Advil), but I choose not to very often. However, I'd probably be a lot less grumpy if I would!!!! :0) I'm so sorry y'all having to read about my aches & pains in my check-in logs...couple that with needing to just take a few days off, which in fact, is maybe what will eventually happen.

LMAO, I TOTALLY loved your sentence:
"I want to scorch the Earth." Haha! That is how some of my feelings have been this week and may be stealing that!!!! :0)

I plant very simple & the same flowers from year to year that do well in my pots in the back yard and on the patio in lots of shade. Begonias are my #1 choice...this year, it's pink, white, and red. They get so full and bush out so much, so this year I decided not to buy so many. I have so many perennials that pop up every spring, so I only need just a few for pots. My DD & SIL brought over some petunias for MD, so that was nice and is just enough to brighten my porch and send out a 'Welcome Mat' as well.

Bex, Oh yes, totally agree with that philosophy of preferring biking outside rather than inside. Same goes for the Treadmill. Your circumstances you're dealing with just amplify the fact that some things on my plate right now are pure beans to what you're experiencing. I pray things will be looking up soon.

T2B, The other day I mentioned that it was nice and cool when I was planting. That was true. Then in the afternoon it got HOT! Still being stubborn, I just brought up the fan and didn't turn on the A/C. Then around midnight and couldn't get settled, I got up, caved and turned it on....Half an hour later and I was sound asleep (and slept til morning!). Oh well.... I hope to turn it off again when the temps drop next week!

~~~WAVES~~~
Old 05-13-22, 04:42 AM  
Elsie

*Waves* to everybody!
I have been MIA however we haven't moved yet. I'm sure it's going to be another at least 6/7 weeks as we don't have a home yet. Not much comes up and we were just out-bid on one this week. I'm positive something will come up quite soon though. I've just been very, very swamped still with moving, packing (yes still packing/sorting!) and everything else associated with it. I also ended up hurting my back which slowed me down for a few days. Also have been getting some medical appointments taken care of (nothing serious) and that type of thing. Just so I don't need to get on wait-lists after the move without a physician. In addition, our dear friends' 17 month old son has been in hospital the last while, so we've been trying to lend a hand there wherever we can like transportation etc.
Just catching up on everyone's workouts here for the last while and going to post the activity that I've gotten in! Realizing I haven't gotten in many weights!!
AMD, so happy that your bloodwork has seen improvement. That is awesome, good job! Continuing to send you kindest coping wishes Bex ... great work on the Yoga dedication! And what a good thing to help one another with delivering goods/groceries to your building! Helen how you can do all those complex 'retro' step videos amazes me. lol Liz ((Hugs)) very sorry to read about the speed of your Mom's condition. i know this isn't easy at all.Jane I've always been curious of PBL.

: heart:
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-22, 07:53 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Elsie I’ve been thinking about you! I’m hoping that you guys find something that you’re happy with soon! The real estate market is exactly like that in my area, not much inventory so anything decent goes immediately. My sister just sold her home in 1 day, for 50k over asking. It’s very nicely decorated and is in a family friendly neighborhood but she wasn’t expecting that. Not many new builds around here either. So funny to think that 10 years ago we still had a ton of foreclosures on the market.

Bex I’m sorry to hear the lockdown isn’t loosening up. I think kettlebells are a great idea for a quieter workout that gets the heart rate up. I would suggest Barlates too. Mostly low impact but a lot of Linda’s workouts really leave me sweaty and they’re almost all on YouTube.

TB2 I’m sorry the heat is killing your mojo. Maybe just do some lighter workouts for a few days? You know you’ll feel better doing something.

[B]AnMrsDe I’m sorry you had a lousy Mother’s Day. Ugh, it seems like you’ve been battling that flare up for so long now and still you’re really killing your workouts! I’m very jealous of your nice weather, it’s been awful for over a week now, damp and windy. It feels more like March than May. I’m hoping it turns around next week but it’s super depressing not to see the sun for so long.

Liz I happy your mom is at least settled in but I know how hard it must be to cope with her dementia. It’s a lot to go through. I totally forgot about your mooing neighbor! Not sure how!! Iron day 11 was one of my least favorite!! Just too many lunges. I never really thought about Cathe not teaching forever, but you’re right that she won’t. I’m only about 45 minutes away from her gym so if you really wanted someone to go to a live with you I could totally meet you there but I’d rather go after the summer. I just don’t feel fit enough to be on a Live right now, I’m just getting back into push up shape this last month. How far away from Cathe’s gym are you?

Sugar I hope you’re feeling better

Waves to everyone and have a great weekend!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-22, 02:14 PM  
AnMrsDe

Thanks, Elsie, and so good to hear from you!! I knew you were busy but glad to hear from you. It's one thing to improve my diet but for me a whole 'nother thing to bring my cholesterol #'s down, so I was really happy! It keeps me motivated to keep my diet healthier. I still struggle with getting enough protein, though, in my days and still working on that.

Jane, Thanks for the commiseration vibes, LOL! I am WIP (work in progress) ALWAYS!! But like you told T2B, I always feel so much better after I work out no matter how much I have to change things up or how much wincing I do during a given workout! Well if the nice weather is hitting my area, it's just a matter of time till it hits yours. It sure was fun bringing the Miata out of storage (which was DS's garage, LOL) this week, though, I must say!!

And can I just say, how absolutely AWESOME it would be if you and Liz could work it out to go to a Cathe Live??? You guys would be representing the JTW crew and I know you both would do us VERY PROUD!!!!! And you could come back and tell us all the little behind-the-scene mishaps/coolness/fun times, etc. etc. you experienced. Liz, here's your chance to use EXCITED numerous times, LMAO!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 05-18-22, 04:02 AM  
Elsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post

And can I just say, how absolutely AWESOME it would be if you and Liz could work it out to go to a Cathe Live??? You guys would be representing the JTW crew and I know you both would do us VERY PROUD!!!!! And you could come back and tell us all the little behind-the-scene mishaps/coolness/fun times, etc. etc. you experienced. Liz, here's your chance to use EXCITED numerous times, LMAO!!

OMG, Yes!!!!

T2B, all the best with your new, improved rotation!!

Hope everyone has been having a nice week so far. It finally stopped raining here. We are still run off our feet!!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts