Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-22, 09:25 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Hi everyone!!!

My computer had some sort of electrical issue, now sorted. Whew. So glad I don't need a new PC just now.

In fitness news, I've been much more consistent using my clubs since I wrapped them with the tape jeannine recommended.

At first, I used a lot of it, but realized I didn't need such a fat handle.

The tape's purpose for me, is to make gripping a bit easier, to lessen hand strain. Seems kinda subtle, but the difference has got me swinging clubs again. Hurrah!
Good to hear it's working for you! Are you doing any particular program that uses clubs? i'm doing Clubz dvds rotation at the moment.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-22, 12:13 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Hi everyone!!!

My computer had some sort of electrical issue, now sorted. Whew. So glad I don't need a new PC just now.

In fitness news, I've been much more consistent using my clubs since I wrapped them with the tape jeannine recommended.

At first, I used a lot of it, but realized I didn't need such a fat handle.

The tape's purpose for me, is to make gripping a bit easier, to lessen hand strain. Seems kinda subtle, but the difference has got me swinging clubs again. Hurrah!
glad to hear!

I thought of you a few weeks ago when i donated blood. they wrapped my arm with that stretchy bandage wrap i mentioned. i immediately wondered how you made out on your decision. thanks for the update!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-22, 08:34 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
Good to hear it's working for you! Are you doing any particular program that uses clubs? i'm doing Clubz dvds rotation at the moment.
I just do a bit of DIY swinging on a fairly regular basis. My shoulders had been bothering me, off and on for a long time, and I figured out that light club work helps my shoulders avoid those discomforts.

Still in the rebuilding strength phase (again, sigh), so don't want to do too much too soon.
I'm hopeful that now that I know what caused discomfort in my wrists last time I used my heaviest club (3.5 lb Adex handle) for a steady workout routine I can build back up and just keep going.

This video inspired much of what I do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAo82Q7KTCk

It's just a warmup type thing, but that's what I like about it. It helps me get moving, and the momentum tends to lead to more exercise in general. Other videos have some other basic moves, and I just run down a list that's mostly in my head. Nothing fancy, just moving all directions in a fairly balanced way.

I've also learned some stuff from Mark Wildman's videos on Youtube, and had been doing some moves fairly regularly with my Adex adjustable club handle til I realized I had some inflammation/irritation in my wrists. I backed off the clubs entirely for a while til that got better, then occasionally gave them a try til I realized that maybe the handles on my lighter 1&2 pound clubs were maybe too slim.

The tape seems to have gotten that issue sorted, so now I'm building back up again. Here's hoping I'll be able to respond with more awareness if something I'm doing causes discomfort again.

Tags
indian clubs