Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-21-22, 07:15 AM  
T2B

Jane - I started watching Severance after you asked if anyone was watching. I figured if you were watching it, I should add it to my watch list. I absolutely loved it. Fascinating concept. I loved the humor/horror aspect. Definitely sticks with you and made me think about work/life balance and how it would feel to be in those in/out scenarios. I felt like I was right there with the characters in the finale episode. Very compelling. Interesting characters. Also, at my company, the work from home/in office dynamic can sometimes feel like a severance. . Way to go with the workouts!

Elsie - Packing/moving is so exhausting so I hope you have a little time to enjoy the quiet moments between all the hectic activity.

Chrys - how are you doing? I listened to a good podcast about long covid and some of the possible treatments and why they think it happens. Have you started your treatment at the long covid clinic?

bex - I’ve watched/read the news about what’s going on in your part of the world. Hang in there. Your yoga every day and the results are interesting to me as well. Kudos. Good that you and your friends are there for each other.

AsSweet - wow, you went way back with that Great Weighted Workout. Way to go, I remember doing that workout 1 time and it had me so sore that I never did it again. Props to you! Love that you are enjoying the FIRM too. I have lots of FIRM workouts that I would like to get to soon. So many workouts, so little time.

AnMrsDe - congrats on your bloodwork results. It’s great to see measurable results after you implement changes. I hope your Mom is still loving her new home!

Waves!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-22, 06:56 PM  
Dontmindthemess

TB2 I’m so glad that you enjoyed Severance! Definitely the best and most original thing I’ve watched in a long time. It really has it all: humor, suspense, intrigue, and a compelling love story!! I love the subtle commentary on our home/work balance, especially in a post Covid workplace. I’m not sure if you’ve watched Ted Lasso on Apple TV, I really loved that too! You’re doing great with Cathe’s Gym Styles. I’ve never been able to do them more than twice at a time. I guess the just felt long and I didn’t really use the premixes to my advantage. I know you’re not a streamer//you tuber but I think you’d really enjoy Caroline Girvans latest series, just great weight training.

Elsie Your move must be very soon now. I hope everything is going smoothly!

Bex I too have been thinking of you in lockdown. I’m so sorry you’re going through this again, especially when it seems like a lot of the world is easing restrictions. I think it’s great that you’re doing the same practice over and over. When I did in person yoga, it was the same sequence every time. I loved the ritual of it.

AnMrsDe You make me miss my Yvette workouts!!! I subscribed for a month but it gave me a twinge of PF after her workouts. I’m going to wait a couple months before I try again. I need to give Michelle Briehler another try. I subscribe to her channel but I didn’t click with her when I tried her before. She has a huge variety of workouts too!!

ASAS I think I have Great Weighted Workout (and Energy Sprint?) in my overflow box. I just have a hard time with the outfits. I really have a soft spot for Cathe’s Basic Step and Body Fusion, that’s how I got into Cathe’s step. I like Rhythmic Step too, it’s fun and I don’t think there’s a lot of plyometric moves.

Waves to everyone!!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-22, 04:31 AM  
bex

Thanks AnMrsDe, Dontmindthemess and T2B. This lockdown has been a real test for everyone in Shanghai.

I'm now at 22 days and officially it will be another 14 days from yesterday. Each time there's a new case in the building the clock resets to +2 weeks. I can't communicate how exhuasting this has been. But we were spared the worst of the US outbreak 2 years ago, when many of my East Coast friends self-isolated for months. So, we are where we are.

In terms of physical results, I'm sure my cardio is lacking and definitely I'm not as strong as when I was doing EPIC. But mentally it's been a great experience.

I've stopped trying to 'get an A in yoga'. I just show up, breathe, move, and what happens, happens. I'm trying to take this lesson into other places in my life.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-22, 01:03 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

T2B, I heard you! I was very sore too, I had to give me a self massage (full body foam roll), two days after doing it. I still think it is a great workout. I am loving the Firm, I have never been into it before, but now I am really digging it.

Jane, I know... the outfits... specially the two men in GWW, like wrestlers, without the wrestler muscles lol, I almost didn't buy it, but I am glad I did, because I really enjoyed it. I also got Energy Sprint, but I have not tried it yet. I used to be put off by the outfits in the past, but these days, I actually don't mind, if the workout is good I am willing to give them a try, I also need to try out Greg Smithey original Buns of Steel, I am a bit scared though! // I love Basic Step + Body Fusion, the whole DVD is great, the bonus strenght workouts are awesome too, I'd love to get her Low Impact Step, I will check a preview of Rhythmic Step.

Bex, hang in there! I hope the lockdown will end soon, but glad to read you and your friends are supporting each other.

I also hope Chrys, is doing better.

Waves to everyone!

----------

P.S.: I bought my DD a Barbie gym kit at Walmart last week, it comes with a nice mat (cute print and quality seems great actually), jump rope, resistance tube, barbie poster, hula hoop, and wrist/ankle weights (0.5 lb) covered by a fabric making it look like a scrunchies, all that for C$9! Original price was C$15 which I still though was cheap for all you get! A similar kit with different accessories by LOL sells for $C50! Anyways... We went to Wal-Mart again 2 days ago, and how bad is that I got an extra kit for myself! just to keep the cute ankle weights, they would be perfect for tough floor work, so I could built to the 1lb ankle weights that were killing me the other they, I am keeping the mat too my DD was chuckling at it, she loves her kit and have used it several times already.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-22, 10:05 PM  
T2B

Jane - I agree with you, Severance is one of the best shows I’ve seen in a long time. I started watching Ted Lasso this afternoon and I’m being sucked in, very refreshing. I recently watched Abbott Elementary on Hulu, enjoyed that as well. I watched Don’t Look Up on Netflix a couple of weeks ago and liked that too. I was surprised that I liked it so much and the end was whoa!!! My brother is sharing his Disney+ log in so caught up on all the Marvel tv shows. The second season of the Flight Attendant just dropped on HBO Max so I’ll probably start watching that this weekend.

Actually, I looked at a Caroline Girvan’s workout yesterday and I have a hard time with the music they use on some of those YT workouts. Maybe it won’t bug me if I’m actually doing the workout but the music is just so uninspiring, which is surprising since I’m a huge fan of music, most music, but some of the YT offerings just sound so robotic to me, and the music seems to be louder than it needs to be for a weights workout. All that being said I plan to give it an honest go in June. Glad you are digging your workouts. I’m really enjoying the GS and plan to switch to the PS Series after I complete 6 weeks of GS.

bex - I hope things can get back to normal soon.

Asweet - I didn’t know you had Wal-Marts in Canada, lol. But… I totally get you buying another set of that Barbie Kit, especially at that great price. And you’re right, those ankle weights will come in handy. So cute that your daughter is loving it, she’s at the beginning of a life long habit. My DD is doing a Heather Robertson rotation, she’s been doing it for months now, and to hear her talk about rest days and to see that workout high in action.. Ha!

AMD - 87 degrees today. Too soon! Felt great but I’m not ready to turn on the A/C.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-22, 12:13 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

T2B, yeah we have lot of Wal-Marts around here, we love going there I wanted to buy 10 lbs dumbbells the other day (I have 8s and 12s), but there were only a few and the neoprene were a bit damaged (I am picky, I was told by my SO, but if I am buying something new, it should look like new!), it is the only place where they are reasonably priced. How awesome that your DD is enjoying her rotation do much and is so constant with it WTG!!!! I am sure it is thanks to the great example you gave her! I hope mine will keep loving it too as she grows up.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 04-23-22, 11:16 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
AnMrsDe - congrats on your bloodwork results. It’s great to see measurable results after you implement changes. I hope your Mom is still loving her new home!
Thanks, T2B!! I was absolutely SHOCKED dropping 35 points of my cholesterol #'s!! The only thing that I mostly changed, was eating less red meat and less eggs and adding more fish in my week! I was so thrilled just doing those things made that much difference, as my Dr. was threatening to put me on medication. Um, no thanks, I'll try this first! Beautiful weather the last couple days! I will take the low 80's - I'm so tired of being cold!!! Close to 90, though, is way too soon!!//Mom is still loving her new place...the gripe right now, though, is the ever changing temperature of the shower! Working on that...//Your DD sounds like she is doing great and being consistent with HR! Is this a new thing for her to do online workouts?

T2B/Jane, My DS really liked Severance as well! I wish I had access to all these channels you guys have!//Jane, I do have to say, I would really miss Yvette's workouts! To me, they are just so much fun and not much else out there like them. The best part, though, is that I can make them work for me and all my ailments, LOL. That's one thing about being a seasoned exerciser...you know what you should and shouldn't do for your wonky joints!!! Definitely stay away if you're experiencing pain again...thankfully, they don't seem to bother me.//I didn't really click right away with Michelle either...the more I did her workouts, though, the more she grew on me! Anybody to get me do barre workouts must be great. She just DOES IT ALL!!

ASAS, that is so cute that your DD has that set to workout with!! Like mama, like DD!

Bex, hang in there, GF! Can you still bike ride or is that forbidden now too? I know how much you love your bike!! That would help with your endurance level...

Thinking of Chrys too...

~~~WAVES~~~ Have a great weekend!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-22, 02:45 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

AMD, thanks // I heard you, exercise with dumbbells in superman position are super hard, I think it was during my Jillian's rotation that I talked about that? I also did a tough one in superman position with Gay Gasper's bosu dvd. // Wow I missed the blood work results, congrats!! I am so impressed! My SO was telling me other day that he wanted to try to eat less red meat, he has read that it was better for health, it seems like it is right based on your amazing experience!

Have a great weekend you all!

Old 04-23-22, 07:49 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
the outfits... specially the two men in GWW, like wrestlers, without the wrestler muscles lol.
ASAS This really cracked me up!! It’s so true, those poor guys. I guess it would be interesting to do a “retro” workout once a week to see how they measure up to how I remember them. It’s funny, the GD thread about that Susan Powter workout reminded me that I had one of her workouts that used a step. I think I used it after my oldest was born 28 years ago I had totally forgotten about it. I might go looking for those 1/2 pound ankle weights too!!

AnMrsDe Awesome that your blood work numbers improved!! I do miss Yvette but my foot still gets a little PF twinge after work sometimes and I noticed it more on days I did an Yvette workout. I’m sure it’s the impact so I’m just going to let it go away completely before a start her workouts again. So glad that your mom is doing good!!

TB2 I know what you mean about the music, a couple of years back when I started doing Penny workouts I didn’t mind the music but now I’m kind of sick of it. Christine Dorner uses real music in her step workouts which is so fun, but when I do a Caroline workout after I turn the volume down. I think you could get away with playing your own music but you’d have to keep an eye on the clock (I obsessively watch it anyway!). My daughter and her boyfriend are doing the Iron workouts too. I may try another Caroline program after this but I’ll stick to her weight workouts and do my own cardio since I’m actually really enjoying just doing a 30 min steady state cardio a few days a week, it’s fun! Enjoy Ted Lasso! I wish I could watch it for the first time again. So wholesome!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-22, 11:19 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post
ASAS This really cracked me up!! It’s so true, those poor guys. I guess it would be interesting to do a “retro” workout once a week to see how they measure up to how I remember them. It’s funny, the GD thread about that Susan Powter workout reminded me that I had one of her workouts that used a step. I think I used it after my oldest was born 28 years ago I had totally forgotten about it. I might go looking for those 1/2 pound ankle weights too!!
hahaha // the retro workout once a week sounds like a fun idea! I checked that Susan Powter workout, I bookmarked it, I might give a try, I also bookmarked one using a step
28 years ago went by quickly isn't it?! It is scary how the time past so fast! // The set is called Barbie Fitness Kit, the cute fabric over the wrists/ankle weights are removable, without it, it is all black with a velcro to adjust the size, hope you can find it!

Tags
just the workouts