Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-21, 02:40 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Yeah, you could definitely try to use it as a substitute. I've never tried the workouts with a kettlebell, but it's worth trying if you have one. The weight distribution may be a little different due to where the handles are located, I don't know how much of a difference that would make. You could check out the Tapout XT2 workouts that are on YouTube and see if they work for you (only the XT2 ones use the ball, not the original XT).
Old 08-07-21, 02:43 PM  
Pam

Thanks for the suggestions. For a movement where no handles are needed I thought maybe my Firm Zip Trainer would work, but it is kinda large.
Old 08-14-21, 09:20 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

There are definitely some push-ups with the handled ball where you punch the ball out in front of you with one arm. I would not try that with a kettlebell but a hand weight would definitely work there. You might be able to make do using a combo of dumbbells, kettlebell (light only!) and a regular medicine ball. I haven’t done all of the workouts and the ones I did was a while ago so I can’t remember all the moves the ball is used for. Definitely it’s used with punching motions standing and in plank and a dumbbell definitely works there.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 07:14 AM  
cecififi

I've just recently pulled this set out again after several years sitting on my shelf. I can't believe how amazing these workouts are. I've been using them steadily for a week+ I am glad to read others are still using this set.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
medicine ball, sprawl, tapout xt, tapout xt ball